rHGH @ 2IU (Somatropin)

Tell us what you are using to treat your MS-- and how you are doing.

rHGH @ 2IU (Somatropin)

Postby PhireX » Fri Jul 03, 2015 5:37 pm

I am 32, male, I have had MS for 15 years - physically I am fortunately in a fairly good state without much disability. 5"10, 59kg (130lb) which isn't great. That's on the very low end of the healthy BMI range, which isn't exactly ideal.

http://www.neurology.org/content/82/10_ ... .155.short

I have just started prescribed Somatropin @ 2 IU per day and will report back on how I'm feeling.

There's been some threads on this a while back but there's now a lot of drug companies looking at it, so I'm going to keep an eye on it .. and see how I feel - the aims not to cure the disease, but simply gain back energy/ muscle mass (this dose is not a bodybuilders dose, it's therapeutic - and pretty expensive even at a small dose)

general-discussion-f1/topic6412.html

general-discussion-f1/topic8619.html

general-discussion-f1/topic13077-15.html
User avatar
PhireX
Family Member
 
Posts: 53
Joined: Wed Jan 19, 2005 3:00 pm

Advertisement

Re: rHGH @ 2IU (Somatropin)

Postby CureOrBust » Fri Jul 03, 2015 6:05 pm

PhireX wrote:...
http://www.neurology.org/content/82/10_ ... .155.short
...but simply gain back energy/ muscle mass (this dose is not a bodybuilders dose, it's therapeutic - and pretty expensive even at a small dose)...

The study you link above, actually appears to indicate remylination more-so than muscle mass (that which is normally expected for HGH use). Is there are a reason you mention this effect over the remylination?
User avatar
CureOrBust
Family Elder
 
Posts: 3341
Joined: Wed Jul 27, 2005 2:00 pm
Location: Sydney, Australia

Re: rHGH @ 2IU (Somatropin)

Postby PhireX » Sat Jul 04, 2015 4:18 am

I'm not even going to think about remyelination until my next MRI shows improvement over my first - it would make sense, since in your growth phases you need to produce the myelin somehow. Doing heavy excersize, etc was a second study being done (not linked, but ranked on google for the same search, ms and hgh) which is regarding rHGH use for remission periods in order to reduce muscle atrophy.

It should technically be a multi-faceted approach but let's wait and find out - I won't speculate much but I'm sure I can get some data out before this study can. I can't notice anything other than probably placebo stuff at the moment - the clinic (also in Sydney) said it would take about a month to begin taking effect, and can be taken for as long as desired / dosages adjusted once the blood work is done after the first month. I feel as if WADA are going to come knocking at my door any time - lucky I don't play sport - I just photograph it :D

PS - also from Sydney :D
User avatar
PhireX
Family Member
 
Posts: 53
Joined: Wed Jan 19, 2005 3:00 pm

Re: rHGH @ 2IU (Somatropin)

Postby PhireX » Mon Jul 27, 2015 4:24 am

... I feel like I'm cured. Symptoms reversing, vision improving, numbness gone, energy and motivation improved, depression gone, anxiety lessened more than considerably, I can handle more than what most my colleagues can.

I'm not f*^#ing kidding.

Phirex has been posting on MS forums since 2004. I am the same guy. You knew how much I hated the crabs, and whatever else they think works these days.

This isn't the 'cure' - it's the equivalent of getting a maintenance team in and fixing the building, before it collapses. Once too much damage has been done, I'm not sure how effective this would be.

Fortunately I was still in okay shape.

I feel like I'm 18 again. Everything has returned, including my ability to have sex and orgasm.

I've just worked an 80 hour week - yeah 80 hours. I could barely work two days a week, 6 hours per day.

I could barely get out of bed I was so depressed and lacking muscle.

I am PhireX, my name is Ashley Feder.

I live in Australia.

I take hGH for my MS therapy, and this is My Story. MS is not a MonSter. It has sent me on the most amazing journey that I have ever taken in my life.

I am open to any questions. I am not advocating this for you. But this has cured me - I guess I will have to keep taking it. At $1,000 a month, I can work easily enough to earn double that with the extra energy I have.

Good luck in your travels, My Story is nearing it's end.
User avatar
PhireX
Family Member
 
Posts: 53
Joined: Wed Jan 19, 2005 3:00 pm

Re: rHGH @ 2IU (Somatropin)

Postby Scott1 » Mon Jul 27, 2015 4:04 pm

Hi Ashley,

I'm glad you're feeling well.

This is human growth hormone, an anabolic steroid, and as such is a prescription medication. Why was it prescribed for you?

Regards
User avatar
Scott1
Family Elder
 
Posts: 1173
Joined: Wed Oct 22, 2008 2:00 pm

Re: rHGH @ 2IU (Somatropin)

Postby CureOrBust » Mon Jul 27, 2015 8:38 pm

PhireX wrote:... I feel like I'm cured. Symptoms reversing, vision improving, numbness gone, energy and motivation improved, depression gone, anxiety lessened more than considerably, I can handle more than what most my colleagues can.
How long were you on the treatment before you felt that you started seeing any improvements?

PhireX wrote:This isn't the 'cure' - it's the equivalent of getting a maintenance team in and fixing the building, before it collapses. Once too much damage has been done, I'm not sure how effective this would be.

Fortunately I was still in okay shape.
Do you know what your EDSS was approximately before you started your treatment?

PhireX wrote:I feel like I'm 18 again. Everything has returned ... At $1,000 a month, I can work easily enough to earn double that with the extra energy I have.
Have you or your treatment team thought of maybe going to a lower or less often dosing regimen?

PhireX wrote:I am open to any questions. I am not advocating this for you. But this has cured me - I guess I will have to keep taking it.
What is the physical dosing of this. It is obviously an injection.
    Is It IM, SC or IV?
    Is it self injected or do you have to go to the clinic/hospital?
    How often is the / has the dosing been?
    Is it on-going or is it a limited term of dosing?

You say "My Story is nearing it's end." yet at the beginning you said "This isn't the 'cure' - it's the equivalent of getting a maintenance team in and fixing the building, before it collapses." It almost sounds contradicting?

PS: PM sent asking about where. :wink:
User avatar
CureOrBust
Family Elder
 
Posts: 3341
Joined: Wed Jul 27, 2005 2:00 pm
Location: Sydney, Australia

Re: rHGH @ 2IU (Somatropin)

Postby PhireX » Tue Jul 28, 2015 6:21 pm

1. After 3 days I felt some positive mental changes - ie, mood/energy and general wellbeing. After 3 weeks the physical improvements keep getting better.

2. http://www.mstrust.org.uk/atoz/edss.jsp - "4.0 - Significant disability but self-sufficient and up and about some 12 hours a day. Able to walk without aid or rest for 500m.". This is the most accurate guess based on how I felt prior to hGH and not what the neurologist said - he hasn't told me an EDSS.

- Muscle atrophy was becoming really bad. It is approved for AIDS patients with such atrophy. I would now put myself at a "1.5 - No disability, minimal signs in more than one FS"

3. I am on a fairly low 'therapeutic' dose doctor said to take 1.5 or 2 IU a day - the choice is mine. Bodybuilders can take 4-8 IU a day, depending how much you are willing to risk - these doses are likely to cause negative side effects. You do not get a tolerance to hGH. The major side effect - your wallet becomes really light. I don't believe in sourcing it myself as I cannot guarantee the quality of the product. Some people do. I'd rather do it under supervision.

4. I will get all my levels checked in a few weeks - the dose can be adjusted accordingly. I feel like 2 IU's is a bit too much, I get wired. 1-1.5 feels the right dose for me. To test your levels of IGF-1 you need to do a blood test 3 hours after the dose to get the highest reading (which is what you are after) - money is the least of my concerns.

5. I take it myself, SC - 3 days on, 1 day off, 2 days on, 1 day off. Some people take it 6 days on, 1 day off. I am following doctors orders. Insulin needles are pretty simple to inject, no site reactions so you can do them in a similar spot every time - it's recommended to be done in the stomach, 1 inch away from the belly button. There is no solid regimen for when you should take this - I do know you cannot take Prednisone while on this, however, hGH has an incredibly short half-life meaning if you do need to get a dose of 'Roids you simply stop taking the hGH.

6. You are right - as time went on I did change my attitude towards it. Let me rephrase it. "I feel for now, if I continue to take hGH that my MS will not be a problem - I do not know the future outcome or long term effects of this, I just know that I feel back to normal for now. I am able to function as well as any other human - if not better" (oh yeah, and goodbye hangovers!) :D

7. Scott1 - hGH is prescribed for different reasons in different countries. Please check with your doctor or find out according to your countries laws. I am well aware I am taking risks with this but I felt like I had no other choice. It is prescribed to me and I obtain it legally which is why it's expensive - I wouldn't recommend going down the "black market" route - some do, I wouldn't personally.

8. Responding to your PM now. :D

9. Side note - normally an average cold for example, could knock me out for a few weeks before recovering back to baseline. I have got the beginnings of a cold, and my body feels like it's fighting it fairly well. This is another potential benefit, since getting sick could often end up in relapse for me.

10. Another side note - the reversal of my symptoms appeared to go from the top of the spinal cord, to the bottom. The bottoms of my feet still feel a bit numb on my 'off' days, but not as bad as they were. There is a small numb patch on my right foot, approx. 1cm x 1cm which waxes and wanes, it gets worse when I'm a bit tired. The rest of the feeling in that foot has returned, so there's just a tiny bit left to go.. it seems.

11. My views are not necessarily the views of any other human being. In fact, my views are just that - my views. They are just as credible as anyone elses views, since no one knows and we're all guessing.

12. rHGH CANNOT BE PATENTED due to the fact that our brains make it naturally, the r-HGH (r) part simply means it's synthetically made - as the original HGH was taken from dead humans, and was highly toxic. God bless those who died so that we didn't.
User avatar
PhireX
Family Member
 
Posts: 53
Joined: Wed Jan 19, 2005 3:00 pm

Re: rHGH @ 2IU (Somatropin)

Postby Scott1 » Tue Jul 28, 2015 6:47 pm

Hi,

I'm Australian as well. I can't follow why it was prescribed. I'm sure it was for a good reason but I can't work that out from what you say.

Regards
User avatar
Scott1
Family Elder
 
Posts: 1173
Joined: Wed Oct 22, 2008 2:00 pm

Re: rHGH @ 2IU (Somatropin)

Postby CureOrBust » Tue Jul 28, 2015 7:21 pm

Scott1 wrote:I'm Australian as well. I can't follow why it was prescribed. I'm sure it was for a good reason but I can't work that out from what you say.
Not wanting to put words into someone else's mouth, but the first post contains a link to a study that found it beneficial to MS.
User avatar
CureOrBust
Family Elder
 
Posts: 3341
Joined: Wed Jul 27, 2005 2:00 pm
Location: Sydney, Australia

Re: rHGH @ 2IU (Somatropin)

Postby Scott1 » Tue Jul 28, 2015 9:59 pm

Yep, but that was a trial for efficacy and safety and only 19 out of 31 were included. He was not part of the trial.

So what made you a candidate for treatment?

Regards
User avatar
Scott1
Family Elder
 
Posts: 1173
Joined: Wed Oct 22, 2008 2:00 pm

Re: rHGH @ 2IU (Somatropin)

Postby CureOrBust » Wed Jul 29, 2015 3:57 am

Did you (PhireX) search out them after you read the study? did they "find" you? did you see them for another reason?
User avatar
CureOrBust
Family Elder
 
Posts: 3341
Joined: Wed Jul 27, 2005 2:00 pm
Location: Sydney, Australia

Re: rHGH @ 2IU (Somatropin)

Postby PhireX » Wed Jul 29, 2015 5:06 pm

Please do not question the reason or methods for me taking hGH - I am willing to put my body on the line to do what I feel's best.

I am not part of that study, and have no vested interest other than to document my experience for the internet.

Let's not go off topic here,

I take hGH on my own accord, based on my own research, and personally I find it amazing

I will post some before and after MRI's (once I get the after ones done) so I have some real data to go off, and for people to make their own assessment.

I firmly believe MS is an umbrella illness, caused by numerous factors - the reason for my MS maybe different to yours. I liken it to when you bleed - there's thousands of reasons one may bleed, but the symptoms are the same - you are bleeding. Whether this me from a cut, graze, illness, etc.

I am not a doctor, nor do I claim to be. I am just a man with MS, looking for a way to improve my own quality of life and report my own personal findings. Let's not turn this into an argument, I'd rather this be a discussion. I urge you to google 'hGH and MS' and browse through a few articles, you may find there's a LOT OF PEOPLE WITH MS taking hGH and they are finding it just as beneficial as I am.

Scott - I urge you to research hGH and MS (or Auto-Immune illness) more, you may find people take it for a number of reasons, off-label or not - the worst side effect we all say, is the cost.

Originally, I thought that if I could build some muscle mass/strength, this would allow me to put myself in a better position to have the strength to get through a day, walk, run etc - I had absolutely no idea that I would feel this fantastic from it.
User avatar
PhireX
Family Member
 
Posts: 53
Joined: Wed Jan 19, 2005 3:00 pm

Re: rHGH @ 2IU (Somatropin)

Postby Scott1 » Thu Jul 30, 2015 12:00 am

Hi,

I have no problem with experimentation.

Can we get one thing clear - are you using a doctor to do this or not?

If you are, what was he trying to achieve?

Regards
User avatar
Scott1
Family Elder
 
Posts: 1173
Joined: Wed Oct 22, 2008 2:00 pm

Re: rHGH @ 2IU (Somatropin)

Postby lyndacarol » Thu Jul 30, 2015 6:05 am

Scott1 wrote:Yep, but that was a trial for efficacy and safety and only 19 out of 31 were included. He was not part of the trial.

So what made you a candidate for treatment?

Regards

CureOrBust wrote:Did you (PhireX) search out them after you read the study? did they "find" you? did you see them for another reason?

I see no "argument" here, we are all curious and seeking details.
User avatar
lyndacarol
Family Elder
 
Posts: 3318
Joined: Thu Dec 22, 2005 3:00 pm

Re: rHGH @ 2IU (Somatropin)

Postby CureOrBust » Thu Jul 30, 2015 6:19 pm

PhireX wrote:http://www.neurology.org/content/82/10_Supplement/P3.155.short

hmmm... I was looking at maybe purchasing the actual published article (maybe to understand better why the 19 were excluded), and I checked the link and its actually a "poster session". I looked in google scholar for the related article, and it simply pointed me to the same link. :?

Anyone know where one could purchase the full article? was it published? I would of thought that it was a requirement for the presentation.

and fyi to all
lindacarol wrote:I see no "argument" here, we are all curious and seeking details.
I took no offence. A forum makes it hard to provide tone and its therefore easy for people to misinterpret where someone is comming from. I am appreciative of ALL he has and has to share. 8)
User avatar
CureOrBust
Family Elder
 
Posts: 3341
Joined: Wed Jul 27, 2005 2:00 pm
Location: Sydney, Australia

Next

Return to Regimens

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users


Contact us | Terms of Service