white count 6600!!

A board to discuss Revimmune as a potential therapy for multiple sclerosis
RedPenguins
Family Elder

white count 6600!!

Post by RedPenguins »

OMG, the nurses couldn't believe it. WBC went from 730 to 6600.

And my neuts went from 29 yesterday to 3334 today!!

I could be gone from here early next week. Only need 3 days with counts over 1000. Today is day 1 of that.

But I will say this - I was in terrible pain last night, could barely walk - even had to call the on-call IPOP doc.... was a reaction to the shot....still in pain now but on meds. They just want me to keep taking pain meds and that it is the growth factor at work. Scary stuff.

:)

~K
chrishasms
Family Elder

Post by chrishasms »

Hang in there. My big bones bugged me too when I had the HGCF! Wow I am so jealous of you! lol
steven73
Family Member

Post by steven73 »

Nice way to build a new immune system Keri! :P

I remember last time it took you a long time get this far.

Like Chris and you, I had bone pain on that drug. My back hurt severely for two or three days a few hours after each dose.
RedPenguins
Family Elder

Post by RedPenguins »

My white cells have exploded. My count today was over 30,000. Tomorrow they need to give me fluids.

I'm going home on Wednesday.... Would have been Monday night or Tuesday...but with the holiday I can't get my hickman line removed till Tuesday. Bummer.

I go to IPOP tomorrow (Sat) and then I have off Sun and Monday. No idea what I'm gonna do with myself. Ho hum.

~k

mommasan
Family Elder

Post by mommasan »

Wow. No wonder you were in such pain. My count went to 21,000 and boy was I in agony for days- the oxycodone didn't cut it for that pain. Took about 5 days for it to calm down.
barbbelle
Getting to Know You...

Post by barbbelle »

Hi Keri!
Sounds like things are going as planned!~ Hope you can find something to do today! Put on that mask and go down to the harbor. Sometimes they have live groups singing. Can't remember where now. If not, just go outside and people watch for a while. I'm so excited for you because this time you are definitely reacting differently to it and that HAS to be good! Have a glorious day and know we're behind you all the way!
Barb