BIONESS L300 USED FOR SALE

Post internet shopping deals here, particularly for products useful for MS'ers. NO spamming allowed.
burg
Family Member

Post by burg »

Saw this on TIMS from awhile ago...

Frank
Family Elder

Posted: Fri Nov 16, 2007 8:44 pm Post subject: Bioness L300 - footdrop
This is a summary of a discussion that started in the "Suggestions" forum before the "Medical Devices" forum became available:

Frank wrote:

This might also be an interesting one:

http://www.bionessinc.com/about/videos.aspx

--Frank

chrishasms wrote:

I saw this device in Dallas TX. It was right next to us. It has a cuff, device for the heel of the shoe, and then a remote to run it all.

It looked good but with three pieces and my cognitive issues, er or being a man, having more pieces to try to keep track of would be hard.

I drop my keys on a table at home and loose them, I couldn't risk a remote. I go in and get programmed to my gait and I'm done. Strap it on in the morning and take it off at night. Simple and one contained piece.

As I get better I just go in say...once every three months or so to get re timed.

Brainteaser wrote:

You would need to do a test run (walk) with both the Walkaid and Ness products to compare them, but there are a couple of features that seem good about the Ness:

* the foot sensor apparently signals to the cuff device the required amount of impulse, depending on walking conditions whereas the Walkaid just provides a regular impulse.
* there is a payment program whereby you can lease the Ness on a monthly basis at the start to see if it works for you.

Sharon wrote:

I am in the process of evaluating the WalkAide and the Bioness products. Last week I was "programmed" for the WalkAide and I am quite impressed with the results. Obviously, each one of us have our own personal issues and therefore might not respond the same. I have not tried the Bioness product yet, but I have talked at length to customer service and I now have a video and packet to review.

My impressions so far:

The WalkAide does not require a shoe - I can go barefoot in the river if I want (for me, this would be a delight); it is one (1) item; you can try the WalkAide for thirty days - return it and get 80% of the cost refunded (about$3600); there is a one (1) year warranty; you can pay for it by using the CareCredit Patient Payment which offers a 3,6,12 or 18 month payment plan interest free and other plans with a fixed payment and 9% interest ( I would imagine Bioness would offer similar thru the Care Credit); the technician will meet with my PT so that she may also do an evaluation before I decide to buy; follow-up visits are not an extra $; it is about $1500 cheaper than the Bioness.

The Bioness requires a sensor to be placed on a "good" shoe (sorry, no sandals) and you also carry a hand-held control unit(this turns the unit on or off and adjusts the stimulation intensity) The WalkAide is turned on and off on the cuff, and the stimulation intensity and the exercise mode is also on the cuff. I personally like having one item instead of three items.
The Bioness is about $6900; you can rent for a period of 60 days (I think) for about $500 per month. You need a prescription from your doctor before you try out (WalkAide you can try out without a prescription). Now, about the sensor and the change of walking surfaces - this intriques me and I do have a slight concern with the WalkAide (I plan on trying the WalkAide on uneven grass similar to something you might find on a golf course).

So, from my personal perspective I am leaning towards the WalkAide - I will update you at the end of the week.

Sharon

Post by alfy »

Hi Wendell and Samantha,

Want to make sure you are aware of something I found out. The device you are selling is a medical device requiring a prescription. It is basically unlawful to sell such a device unless you are a licensed Durable Medical Equipment (DME) provider and the purchaser has a valid medical prescription for the device.

Good luck and be careful. Just want to make sure you are aware and do not get into any trouble.
faithfullyfit

Post by faithfullyfit »

It's a happy day!
Last edited by faithfullyfit on Tue May 10, 2011 5:14 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Astronomychick

Post by Astronomychick »

How may I get in touch with you? I am an interested buyer.

Thank you,
astronomychick@yahoo.com
or dc2541@att.com
CSL53

Post by CSL53 »

I have been considering the Bioness L300. It seems like there are several for sale. Is this because they don't work? Just wondering before I spend the money.
Astronomychick

Post by Astronomychick »

If you find a Bioness for sale you are lucky - I have friends who are looking and cannot find one for months and months...I also watched and waited and it took me several months to find one.

I tested both the Bioness and the WalkAide and I believe the Bioness is a smarter and better product. I have owned mine now for about 4 months, and believe it is absolutely life changing. If you have foot drop and find walking a struggle as I did, it will help you tremendously.

I suggest you try each out via your doctor or physical therapist and see which works for you best. Personally I walked much better with the Bioness, and it is very much worth it to me.

Hope this helps and let me know which you decide on either, or if you have any more questions about the Bioness.

Astronomychick[/u]
EL

I have a WalkAide for sale

Post by EL »

I have a WalkAide listed on this website for sale that is just sitting at my house. It is in perfect condition. My wife has MS and her Doctor wanted her to use a leg brace instead. We bought the WalkAide on our own without consulting him. It was $5,000 and we will sell it for $2,000. We have accessories such as electrodes etc.
Gussie

WalkAide for sale

Post by Gussie »

El - do you still have this unit for sale? I'm looking into a purchase for my mom. Barbara
lnino

Re: I have a WalkAide for sale

Post by lnino »

EL wrote:I have a WalkAide listed on this website for sale that is just sitting at my house. It is in perfect condition. My wife has MS and her Doctor wanted her to use a leg brace instead. We bought the WalkAide on our own without consulting him. It was $5,000 and we will sell it for $2,000. We have accessories such as electrodes etc.
Do you still have the unit for sale? Please let me know as I would like to buy it for my son. Thank you.
ialcala

Re: BIONESS L300 USED FOR SALE

Post by ialcala »

Just a heads up to all.

If you're trying to buy a Bioness or WalkAide device, there are restrictions for buying them in the after-market.

To those seeking to acquire a device, a medical device requires a prescription so I wouldn't do anything until you talk to your doctor about it.

I tried selling another type of device in the past. I sold it but the buyer was unable to use it due to concerns by the doctor. They did not allow the buyer of the device to use it. The buyer was angry with me and I had to give them a refund.

I since found out that it is basically unlawful to sell such a device unless you are a licensed Durable Medical Equipment (DME) provider and the purchaser has a valid medical prescription for the device.

Be careful out there.
maddox

Post by maddox »

looking for walkaide or Bioness L300 to buy.On the left foot.Please contact me on smaller.pavel@gmail.com or on this site.Thank you
aleach619

Re: Does anyone still have the Bioness L300 for sale?

Post by aleach619 »

Astronomychick wrote:Does anyone in the above posts still have the Bioness L300 leg device for sale? Thank you.
Yes i have a like new L300 leg device. I had Foot Drop and had survery to correct the condition and no longer need the device. If you are interested, please email me at aleach619@verizon.net.
aleach619

Re:

Post by aleach619 »

fruity wrote:WPBRINK,
Do you still have your bioness system for sale? Is it for the left or right leg? Do you know the size (S,M,L)? Thanks.
Fruity
Left leg aleach619@verizon.net
shaypay20
Getting to Know You...

Post by shaypay20 »

i have a used bioness l 300 for sale for the left leg.. I'm thinking it is a meduim or large.. not sure.. i only used if for a few months and didn't work for me. I still have all cords and stuff that goes with it.. I bought it for $6200.. Would sell for $5000.00 obo.. for more info email me. shaypay20@hotmail.com..

Thanks
miamaz2

Post by miamaz2 »

Dear Mr. Brink;
I need to use a Bioness L300 as the consequence of a severe cerebral aneurysm that I suffered 16 years ago. However, I am permanently disabled- so don't have very much money- and I can find no institution willing to help me afford a Bioness brace. I believe I require a small brace, but would like to give it a try, if it is still available, and I am very pleased that she no longer needs it. Thank you, have a nice weekend.
Lisa Walker
miamaz@aol.com