I will go for MSCT in China

Discuss stem cells, adult and embryonic, and their therapeutic potential for MS here.
Algis
Family Elder

I will go for MSCT in China

Post by Algis »

I have been accepted for a MSCT treatment at PuHua Hospital in Beijing, China. I am collecting the funds (35KUS$). I will keep the news coming in this thread.

Cheers,

Algis
NHE
Volunteer Moderator

Re: I will go for MSCT in China

Post by NHE »

Algis wrote:I have been accepted for a MSCT treatment at PuHua Hospital in Beijing, China. I am collecting the funds (35KUS$). I will keep the news coming in this thread.

Cheers,

Algis
Wishing you the best Algis. I look forward to reading about your experience.
Algis
Family Elder

Post by Algis »

Thanks NHE, glad to see you here; been a long time, I was researching a lot and someone has to take the plunge...
Algis
Family Elder

Post by Algis »

There we go. The fundraiser has been set. I know you guys have your own to care about; but if you could spare the price of a beer for me I will be your Buddy forever... And if you can't please forward this message to all peoples you may. Thank you heaps. The whole process will be reported here and on the Q&As of the website. Videos and whole documentary will be offered free for all.

Be well; all. Peace and Love,

Algis

https://www.youcaring.com/algirdasjurgelevicius-778760
81Charger
Family Elder

Post by 81Charger »

I'm curious where you are at health wise how long you've been DX'd with MS ect?
Algis
Family Elder

Post by Algis »

I was Dx in 1998 with SPMS. It quickly deteriorate and am now wheel-chair bound since 2004. I lost use of my right arm/hand 2008. I am stable now; thanks for my taking of LDN since 2008 (at least it is what I believe).
You can see my full story here: http://algisj.com
Feel free to contact me directly if you have any question I could answer.

Cheers!

Algis
Last edited by Algis on Sat Mar 25, 2017 2:04 am, edited 1 time in total.
Algis
Family Elder

Post by Algis »

For reporting: we have raised so far >2,500.00US$ and have a fund raising party sponsored by the TGIF Friday here in Taipei. Private party with invitation and ticket. We expect 80~100 attendees.
The party is set for May 24th but nothing is carved in stone; it could be earlier if we sell enough reservations.

I have a wonderful team of friends who gathered in order to make sure it happen. Wonderful people.

A video for the fundraiser is being produced; I will post the details here as soon as it is ready.

Cheers. Be well all;

Algis
Algis
Family Elder

Post by Algis »

Here is the Video we made with my Friends for the fundraiser

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VGhhn65O_is

Fundraiser: http://youcaring.com/help_algis
notasperfectasyou
Family Elder

Post by notasperfectasyou »

Have you looked at Celltex? It might cost less and they are based in Texas.
It would be really nice to be able to put links in here

If I have included a bad link, google the word "Scholar", click link for "Google Scholar". Search for the name of the paper and author in Google Scholar.
Algis
Family Elder

Post by Algis »

@notasperfectasyou: I had a look at all I could. Prices are roughly the same within 2,000US$. I chose PuHua in Beijing because its proximity to me (Taiwan). It is only 3 hours direct fly from here while Texas would get me 20 hours in the plane with transits etc... and I am not in the shape to do that now. Also because I am living in the area for 30 years and I am more comfortable around people of Asian culture. Strange as an European; I understand but...
PuHua has also an high reputation of great service and high flexibility. And Beijing is a magical city; even I won't be able to tourist around my wife or my daughter will accompany me and they will have plenty of time to visit what they are pleased to.

We are doing quite well collecting funds and I will keep this post alive until I come back. I will try to detail as much as I can what happen, videos, pics... Dunno yet how but I have to let everyone here know the true experience.

Cheers,

Algis
Algis
Family Elder

Post by Algis »

I really am overwhelmed by the positive messages I receive daily from everywhere; including you fellow ThisIsMSers. I have reservations confirmed on July 3rd.
The fundraisers are going well; I have wonderful friends who help me and collect funds from all over...Taiwan of course, but also USA, China, Thailand, Europe (Belgium, Germany, Holland,...)! Bit per bit, but it adds up.

This is an inspiring experience and it humbles me a lot. We are all in this together!

Cheers all;

Algis
SeanReynolds
Family Member

Post by SeanReynolds »

I'd try the Wheldon protocol cheaply before stem cell therapy, for a few months. If there is any substance to the CPn thesis, then the best killers of the disease are 1. Roxithromycin (this is the most effective), 2. Doxycycline, 3. Metronizadole, 4. NAC. Inexpensive to try, very low risk, potentially very high return.
Algis
Family Elder

Post by Algis »

@SeanReynolds: sure Buddy; you must try. It did not work for me but each and every MS is different.

Good luck in any case; and keep us posted!

Algis
SeanReynolds
Family Member

Post by SeanReynolds »

Hi Algis, did you try the protocol for several months at least? e.g. 6 months minimum, 12 months and more preferable.

Did you have recognisable ongoing problems with further progression of the disease while on the protocol? Any changes to MRI lesion results?

Or have you just been slow to recover full function? Recovery and remyelination can potentially take a long time or never happen.

How long have your symptoms been apparent and how serious have they become? e.g. someone unable to move with a 25 year diagnosis is going to have more problems recovering than a recent diagnosis and still mobile.

Pls only answer anything you're happy answering, just trying to pull in more data from individuals who have tried the Wheldon protocol and had no apparent success. thx

Sorry, just saw this:
I was Dx in 1998 with SPMS. It quickly deteriorate and am now wheel-chair bound since 2004. I lost use of my right arm/hand 2008. I am stable now; thanks for my taking of LDN since 2008 (at least it is what I believe).
You can see my full story here: http://algisj.com
Feel free to contact me directly if you have any question I could answer.
Algis
Family Elder

Post by Algis »

@SeanReynolds: I have done with Roxithromycin for at least 6 months (I forgot, it has been a while and I tried soooo many things). It did makes me sick in the beginning, but after what I think is ~6months I stopped because it has no effect beside letting me with a frequent diarrhea and not able to drink/eat few things (mostly milk, cheese, beer, fried stuff, ...). I then tried Doxycycline but it made me so sick for a while (2 weeks roughly) that I decided to give up this protocol.
It did not stop progress of the disease and the discomfort I had did not makes me thinking of trying again.
Especially after I seemed to respond very well to LDN as I have no crises and no activity of the disease for years.
Now I think I must try to rebuild what can be and hope for the best while being prepared for the worse.

Hope this help; be well;

Algis

Return to “Stem Cells”