Stem cell research

Discuss stem cells, adult and embryonic, and their therapeutic potential for MS here.
bromley
Family Elder

Stem cell research

Post by bromley »

Bit on MS is about three-quarters of the way down but is encouraging, particularly given that similar work is also being undertaken in the UK, Europe, Canada, NZ and Australia. My guess is that human trials will begin (somewhere) within 1-2 years, there will be some glitches, but treatments might be available within 5-7 years.

The news from the Charcot Foundation is encouraging as it is a very well respected organisation and Professor Neil Scolding from the UK (who hopes to start human trials with bone marrow derived stem cells within a year) is a member of the Charcot Foundation Board.

http://c.moreover.com/click/here.pl?j715022767&w=464753
Jaded
Family Elder

Post by Jaded »

Great article Ian - thanks.

I am hopeful about stem cell therapies - I think they will advance much faster than expected.

Hope you are well.

J.
Brainteaser
Family Elder

Post by Brainteaser »

When the Charcot Foundation info. appeared a few days back, I was interested in who might be the principal researchers involved. I didn't notice Prof. Scolding being on the CF Board, but his SCT research could be linked. It would be useful to know who is central to this current research activity. With related stem cell research for MS being conducted in various European countries (and elsewhere), some good outcomes should appear sooner rather than later.