Side effects

Discuss Tecfidera (BG-12, dimethyl fumarate) as an oral treatment for multiple sclerosis.

Re: Side effects

Postby pat7188 » Fri May 16, 2014 10:52 am

hello hope this is of some help as every one reacts differently. I have been home from the hospital 2 days after being there 6 days I took tec for 18 days and the severe pain and diarrea and feeling as if I was going to pass out put me on the surgical floor as a ct showed the webbing and a slight twist in small bowel that fixed it self and high white cells , high anion gap metabolic and a ms flare up like I've never seen that was a few of the effects I met with it . when I get on my feet I will be back on rebif . Gratefully
pat7188

Advertisement

Postby Pamipants » Tue May 20, 2014 3:12 am

Hi everybody - today is day 1 of Tecfidera - a day i have been dreading for a while - anyway, i have comfort in knowing there are like-minded MS sufferers out there and will post updates on how i feel/side effects and anything else that someone may find useful - i know i have found this site extremely resourceful in the build up to today....fingers crossed the symptoms are mild - but really, what are the chances of that??
Pamipants

Postby barbarakwoodward » Fri May 23, 2014 4:41 pm

I had no real side effects with Avonex. My strategy was to take it in the evening, around 7-7:30, with 2 ibuprofen before. I started Tecfidera this past Sunday and had only mild flushing the first day, but on Thursday, the fifth day, I started getting ce, feint weak and tired, with a headache. I don't know if this is a flu, a relapse or a reaction to the med.
barbarakwoodward

Previous

Return to Tecfidera (BG-12, dimethyl fumarate)