Help on exercise

Discuss Tecfidera (BG-12, dimethyl fumarate) as an oral treatment for multiple sclerosis.
Ash3
Family Member

Help on exercise

Post by Ash3 »

Need suggestions for low impact exercises PLEASE!!!!!!!!!
geebee1986

Re: Help on exercise

Post by geebee1986 »

See if there is a yoga studio in your area that has a class that specializes with MS. Otherwise any yoga is good as long as it's not hot yoga.
THX1138
Family Elder

Post by THX1138 »

Ash3 what kind of shape are you in - strength, balance, aerobic, etc?
CaliReader
Family Elder

Post by CaliReader »

Feldenkrais was originally developed for stroke rehab. Chi Gung would be another good choice if available.
CureOrBust
Family Elder

Post by CureOrBust »

I use a cross trainer. It also has the benefit of having the hand things to hold onto to help you keep balance and allow you to workout longer.

eg
seeva
Family Elder

Post by seeva »

Dear Cure my name is seeva from sydney and I thing you are from sydney too, My MS friends and me are going each week to MS centre at Lidcombe Center for exercise for last 10 years. since last year about 10 of my friends go to yoga for 1H ONTHU, from this year all my friends going to have yoga class. the physiotherapy at LIDCOBE well train in yoga for M.S people. if you want to joint the group call Tracy Martinuz on 96460600 for details. the friends are taking yoga last year say very good for them. come and joint us in
February.
regards
seeva
msmything
Family Elder

Post by msmything »

Do you care for swimming? The Y I go to has lots of classes in the water, most are geared for arthritis patients. The biggest benefit I get is that I don't heat up.
Be kinder than necessary, for everyone you meet is fighting some kind of battle..