Newly "Unofficially Diagnosed" and Scared.

A forum dedicated to the younger people living with MS reflecting their unique concerns.
NiftyBunny
Family Member

Newly "Unofficially Diagnosed" and Scared.

Post by NiftyBunny »

Hi,
My name is Amber.
I was recently hospitalized due to my body from the neck down going numb, and since this was not the first time I'd had numbness they did alot of tests.

They are fairly sure I have MS, but I cannot be officially diagnosed until I get into the MS clinic, and my appointment there isn't until late October.

I've been experiencing a myriad of symptoms and each one scares me to bits. All this happened just a few days before my 22nd birthday, which was July 3rd.

I have a daughter who is almost 20 months old, and I fear for her quality of life more than I do for my own.

I just wanted to introduce myself and hear from other people who know what I'm going through. As much as my friends and family want to, none of them fully understand, having never gone through it. Thanks, and I hope to hear from you all soon :).
jimmylegs
Volunteer Moderator

Post by jimmylegs »

hi and welcome to TIMS! i am not sure how many young folks there are on the forum at present, but there are lots of members with young families and i am sure you will find good support here.

you probably know the mainstream approach: pick which drug you will take for the rest of your life.

my own approach is nutrition nutrition nutrition, then see which symptoms resolve and what is left to deal with. if you want to, you can read my signature links and see if anything makes sense.

once again, welcome to the forum :)
active members shape site content. if there is a problem, speak up!
use the report button to flag problematic post content to volunteer moderators' attention.
kibibikel
Getting to Know You...

Post by kibibikel »

Hi Amber!

I was just dx in April so I know where you are coming from. Its kinda freaky not knowing what your body is going to do (or not do) next. The hardest thing that I have found is feeling alone in your struggle. So it's good that you have found this website! It has really helped me to be able to read posts and comments from other people that are in the same situation.

Keep your chin up!
NiftyBunny
Family Member

Post by NiftyBunny »

UPDATE: I got a call to come in Yesterday since they'd had a cancellation. I was officially diagnosed with Relapsing/Remitting MS. I'm going to be going on Rebif... has anyone else here been on it? Comments, opinions?
~You get scared, you get lost, you get confused, but in the end, Alice makes it out of Wonderland.~