26/F trying to get pregnant!!

A forum dedicated to the younger people living with MS reflecting their unique concerns.
RoziePozie123

26/F trying to get pregnant!!

Post by RoziePozie123 »

26yrs MS & pregnancy!!!
Hi everyone,
I was diagnosed w/ RR MS on March, 12 2012. It was the worst month of my life It all started when I woke up with blurred vision, peripheral vision was distorted, my equilibrium was off balance, and dizziness. Also, I was so nauseas that I quickly ran to the bathroom. At that point I had no idea what was wrong w/ me. It's natural for the person experiencing symptoms to expect the worst & hope for the best. Many thoughts enters my mind... brain tumor, any/ every type of cancer, diabetes, and Chron's Disease (my mom has). Also, the morning i threw up I questioned, Am I pregnant?!? Boy, was I WRONG! So, the next step was getting into a neurologist (luckily he got me in later that week). In the mean time, I went to a ENT (Ear, Nose & throat) doctor to check for vertigo. Eye doctor & got contacts for my blurred vision. Also, my regular physcian ran several blood tests & ordered a MRI of the brain. The radiologist that read the images stated "several lesions appearing to resemble multiple scelerosis." I was freaking out!! A few days passed & went to the hospital to pickup the images from the MRI & all the bloodwork results to show the neurologist. When we met, his personable & caring demenor gave me the confidence I trusted in a doctor. After the thorugh 2 hour eveluation he confirmed that I indeed have MS. I had a 5 day infusion of methoprednasone. I was taking 50mg of Seterline. I was on rebif from March 2012-September 2012 when I approached my neurologist about discontinuing Rebif to start a family. He recommended me waiting 1 month (December) and starting January 1,2013. I tried naturally in Jan. In Feb I met w/ an Endocrinologist and had an IUI (intrauterine insimination) & no luck. My March cycle hasn't come yet, & I hope it doesn't! I'm trying to get pregnant in a timely fashion as I don't have a large window before continuing MS medication. I need your support. Has anyone been through pregnancy with MS. I'd love to hear your stories
RoziePozie123

Re: 26/F trying to get pregnant!!

Post by RoziePozie123 »

Error... Started Rebif March 2012 & discontinued Nov 2012. Started trying 1/1/2013 :)
DougL
Family Elder

Post by DougL »

whew, when i read the title i was worried you were looking for volunteers :lol:

my wife has been through a pregnancy (before I met her) while she had MS. i don't know all the details but I do know she claims her symptoms were 100% in remission while pregnant.

i do not think she ever took Rebif

good luck.
jimmylegs
Volunteer Moderator

Post by jimmylegs »

hi rosie and welcome.

i can't comment personally/directly on experience with ms and pregnancy but i have helped others and can share info that can help you get pregnant.. i helped my supervisor get pregnant in 6 weeks after she had been trying unsuccessfully for 1.5 yrs.

linking you up to some info i posted recently for a guy with ms: http://www.thisisms.com/forum/general-d ... ml#p206927

a child-rearing and nutrition story with a happy ending (a few ups and downs along the way but you might find it interesting reading): http://www.thisisms.com/forum/general-d ... ml#p189325

you'll notice the links have a lot to do with zinc, which is low in ms patients and in crohns.

ms nutrition basics here (an approach i have personally taken):
http://www.thisisms.com/forum/regimens- ... tml#p15460
active members shape site content. if there is a problem, speak up!
use the report button to flag problematic post content to volunteer moderators' attention.
lyndacarol
Family Elder

Post by lyndacarol »

jimmylegs wrote:hi rosie and welcome.

i can't comment personally/directly on experience with ms and pregnancy but i have helped others and can share info that can help you get pregnant.. i helped my supervisor get pregnant in 6 weeks after she had been trying unsuccessfully for 1.5 yrs.
By the way, "jimmylegs" is female!
jimmylegs
Volunteer Moderator

Post by jimmylegs »

BAHAHAHA i did NOT think that sentence thru b4 posting hehe
use the report button to flag problematic post content to volunteer moderators' attention.
RoziePozie123

Post by RoziePozie123 »

Thanks forum friends! I greatly appreciate all your posts & kind words of encouragement in getting pregnant!

Jimmylegs, you're very enlightening with your theories on propper nutritional needs. This is all new to me & I wish I could hire you as my dietician. I currently take a prenatal vitamin, Zatean-Pn DHA that was prescribed by my OB. It contains: Folate 1mg, Vitamin C 85mg,Vitamin D3 200 IU, E10IU, Vitamin B6 25mg, Vitamin B12 12mcg, Calcium 140mg, Iron 27mg, Magnesium 45mg, Docosahexaenoic (DHA) 300mg. I'm wondering your take on one multivitamin pill per day as an adquite amount of nutritional needs?!?? Should I consume more supplements or stick with the multivitamin?! Any food recommendations? I'd like for spring & summer to hurry on up as the Mother Nature hasn't blessed the Midwest with much vitamin D. Grrrrrr!
jimmylegs
Volunteer Moderator

Post by jimmylegs »

hey rozie :) thanks, and, where there's a will there's a way. as of tomorrow i'm out of my regular work due to severe injury, and willing to hang out an electronic shingle as it were ;) would be no huge deal to sort out something on paypal. yay internet!

i would say, based on what you have posted, that one multi per day would be woefully inadequate. i have said it before and will say again, prenatals assume perfect nutritional health in the mother, and provide a little boost of extras for baby.

in fact as an ms patient you may need much higher doses of specific nutrients, before you even get into worrying about baby. some of the key nutrients for both you and baby are entirely missing from the prenatal product (*cough*ZINC*cough*). that said, i would not suggest you take more than one of those multis per day, because it's got quite enough folic acid in it. IME, if you have other imbalances, high folate intake can lead to annoying side effects...

food recommendations are key. healthful food is the best foundation for any nutritional program. the first thing i would need from you is several days worth of diet diary.

i will look for a post or private message from you next time i'm online. i might not be on much for the next few days but will check in as i am able.
centenarian100
Family Elder

Post by centenarian100 »

Good luck getting pregnant! You have my support for sure :)
jimmylegs
Volunteer Moderator

Post by jimmylegs »

haha! just looking over these old posts and having a rueful chuckle over how quickly rozie disappeared after i said she could certainly pay me for my input :S lol

and, STILL not right after that injury, dangit :S !!!

Return to “Under 25 with MS”