So I'm not 25 anymore but...

A forum dedicated to the younger people living with MS reflecting their unique concerns.
Kamy

So I'm not 25 anymore but...

Post by Kamy »

I just turned 26 and I was wondering if any young people living with MS have a fear of never getting married? Not because you can't find anyone but what happens if you are on medicade and you get married? The government then counts your spouses income and you will not be eligible anymore. How are you supposed to come up with the insane amout of money it will cost you for treatment? Not to mention all the Dr. visits and tests they run. Its a huge concern of mine....
Kamy
Melody
Family Elder

Post by Melody »

You could always just live together if it came down to it. Check into it at the drug store and see what their solution is as they likely hear this all the time.
John was diagnosed Jan 2005. On lipitor 20mg .On Copaxone since July 4,2005. Vitamin D3 2000iu-4000iu (depending on sunshine months)June 10 2005(RX::Dr. O'Connor) Omega 3 as well Turmeric since April 2005. Q10 60mg. 1500mg liquid Glucosamine Nov 2005.
Teabiskit

Post by Teabiskit »

I am 27 years old in a long term relationship (12 years), and I am on Medicaid right now because I have been disabled by MS. For a long time I wanted to get married, because I knew that my man was the right one. But after a few years of living together, I learned that there is not much of a difference except there was no expensive ceremony and no legal paperwork. Timmy,(my "husband") also got me a pretty little diamond ring!
So it all worked out in the end. Just not exactly as planned, but life is weird like that.
titanicstar

Fear

Post by titanicstar »

I have that fear. I am 25 now and it's hard of me to accept that someone would want to be with me after I tell him what I have. Most freak out! Which I understand cause no one wants to be with someone who is constantly sick. No fun ;) But I also know that God has great things in my future which I am determined to be happy in. So if he wants me to find a fella then I will and he will accept me as I am. But to answer your question yes, I do fear that I will never marry now. And I also agree with the cost of MS. I am not sever that I am on SSI or SSD but I have group insurance through my job, which I work for the state, and it is still insane amounts.
Thanks
JM
britney
Getting to Know You...

Post by britney »

I also have a fear of being left once I have a bad attack because, suddenly, it's too much for him to handle.

Return to “Under 25 with MS”