Neuro Tomorrow And Very SCARED

This is the place to ask questions if you have symptoms that suggest MS, but aren't yet diagnosed.
Mjmx94
Getting to Know You...

Neuro Tomorrow And Very SCARED

Post by Mjmx94 »

Hi, I am a 19 year old male, very athletic 5 ft 7 160 lbs. I have been getting symptoms that I am very scared about and would just like to know if this sounds like MS or what it may sound like related to it.
Symptoms:
-Weakness and numbness in arm, hand and leg on left side
-Tingling of left side of body
-Pain in my left arm, hand and leg
-Buzzing sensation in my left ankle
-Vision has changed (Eye Doctor says i see 20/20 but i can tell a difference)
-Brain Fog, Lightheadedness, Dizzy sometimes
-Fatigue like crazy!
-Always tired
-Sometimes i feel like i cant breathe (Throat Discomfort)
-Joint Pain
I have been to the ER 4 times in the past 2 months and my complete blood test came back perfect and my EKG's and X-rays on my chest came back fine (Thought it was a heart issue)
Please can someone help me, I also suffer from anxiety and migraines and thats what my doctor always relates this too but i can feel a difference in my life...
Ash3
Family Member

Re: Neuro Tomorrow And Very SCARED

Post by Ash3 »

Hello, I have diagnosed since 1999. It is normal to feel scared. Just try to relax and deep breathing always helps. They probably will do a MRI or a spinal tap one of the other or both. I have only had a MRI so every doctor is different. It will be alright. I also have anxiety and trust me the more you stress the worse the symptoms are. Good Luck!Ash3
jimmylegs
Volunteer Moderator

Post by jimmylegs »

sounds like athletic nutrient depletion. can take some doing to get a decent assessment of nutrient status though. where are you located, roughly?

some links for further reading.
http://www.thisisms.com/forum/friends-a ... ml#p209562

also here's info on some nutritional aspects of ms - you can start working on NOT being a match :)

http://www.thisisms.com/forum/regimens- ... tml#p15460
active members shape site content. if there is a problem, speak up!
use the report button to flag problematic post content to volunteer moderators' attention.
Mjmx94
Getting to Know You...

Post by Mjmx94 »

I am located near Boston, Ma and I hope that's all it is ..
jimmylegs
Volunteer Moderator

Post by jimmylegs »

ok. couple options re ways forward.
1) try to get in with the doc for nutrient bloodwork, get results, bring here
2) order private bloodwork via lef.org or similar, bring results here
3) go over diet looking for obvious nutrient gaps, boost key nutrient dense foods
4) pick up some quality supplements

if any of that sounds feasible I can help u out w next steps :)
use the report button to flag problematic post content to volunteer moderators' attention.
Mjmx94
Getting to Know You...

Post by Mjmx94 »

Okay will do thank you
lyndacarol
Family Elder

Post by lyndacarol »

Mjmx94 wrote:Hi, I am a 19 year old male, very athletic 5 ft 7 160 lbs. I have been getting symptoms that I am very scared about and would just like to know if this sounds like MS or what it may sound like related to it.
Symptoms:
-Weakness and numbness in arm, hand and leg on left side
-Tingling of left side of body
-Pain in my left arm, hand and leg
-Buzzing sensation in my left ankle
-Vision has changed (Eye Doctor says i see 20/20 but i can tell a difference)
-Brain Fog, Lightheadedness, Dizzy sometimes
-Fatigue like crazy!
-Always tired
-Sometimes i feel like i cant breathe (Throat Discomfort)
-Joint Pain
I have been to the ER 4 times in the past 2 months and my complete blood test came back perfect and my EKG's and X-rays on my chest came back fine (Thought it was a heart issue)
Please can someone help me, I also suffer from anxiety and migraines and thats what my doctor always relates this too but i can feel a difference in my life...
Welcome to ThisIsMS, Mjmax94.

I am not sure that your neurologist will be willing to order the following blood test that I suggest. I believe that if you see a surgeon about a problem, he will find a solution in surgery; if you see a neuro, he will only see the problem/solution in neurology. I have read that "doctors are experts in, and only test for, those parts of the body in which they specialize." Ask your GP to order a "fasting blood insulin test" – this is NOT the same as a glucose test. The insulin test is not routinely done and must be specifically requested; the optimal result that you want is 3 UU/ML or lower.

I believe your symptoms could be due to your pancreas producing excess insulin. If this is your problem, unfortunately there is no medication to correct the problem. At the moment, diet is the only treatment available.
My hypothesis: excess insulin (hyperinsulinemia) plays a major role in MS, as developed in my initial post: http://www.thisisms.com/forum/general-discussion-f1/topic1878.html "Insulin – Could This Be the Key?"
Mjmx94
Getting to Know You...

Post by Mjmx94 »

Thank you I have been getting some pains in my stomach as well somewhat severe maybe that's my pancreas?
jimmylegs
Volunteer Moderator

Post by jimmylegs »

what's your typical diet like, m?
lyndacarol
Family Elder

Post by lyndacarol »

Mjmx94 wrote:Thank you I have been getting some pains in my stomach as well somewhat severe maybe that's my pancreas?
If the pains are truly in your "stomach," that is not the pancreas. However, if the pain is on your right side, just above the waist and near the bottom of your rib cage, it can be a problem in the common duct through which insulin drains from the pancreas and bile drains from the gallbladder. This is often misdiagnosed as a gallbladder problem (When friends have had the gallbladder removed, the doctor reports there was no inflammation or problem, no stones, detected in it.).

Because the pancreas is located behind the stomach and closer to the back, a problem in the pancreas itself is often felt as a pain in the back.

If you have severe pains, work with your GP and investigate the source.
My hypothesis: excess insulin (hyperinsulinemia) plays a major role in MS, as developed in my initial post: http://www.thisisms.com/forum/general-discussion-f1/topic1878.html "Insulin – Could This Be the Key?"
jimmylegs
Volunteer Moderator

Post by jimmylegs »

one example of a nutrient to look at from the athletic perspective

Changes of Magnesium Concentrations in Endurance Athletes
https://www.thieme-connect.com/ejournal ... 07-1024798
"The difference between mean Mg concentrations observed in the athletes' group before the race and in the sedentary group (...serum Mg: 1.70±0.14 mEq/1 in athletes, 1.96±0.15 mEq/1 in sedentaries...) suggests that athletes suffer from a Mg deficiency, partially due to physical exercise."

the normal range for magnesium is usually given as 0.70 - 1.10 mmol/L. to convert mEq/l to mmol/l for magnesium, you half it. so the athlete levels were 0.85 mmol/L and the 'sedentaries' had levels up at .98 mmol/L.

it's established in research that magnesium deficiency occurs inside the 'normal' range so you need to make sure your levels are right up at the top end of normal to be safe. 0.95 -1.1 mmol/l would be a good zone to aim for.

low magnesium levels have been linked in research to: pain, fatigue, anxiety, breathing/throat issues, and migraines. magnesium is readily lost through stress, either physical stress via sweating, or psychological/emotional stress.

if you decide to ask the doc for a test, it's 'serum magnesium' (for the sake of best comparison to other research). if you print out this post, the study quoted above may help justify your request for the bloodwork.

if the doc doesn't go for it, here's the online private route
http://www.lef.org/Vitamins-Supplements ... -Test.html
Mjmx94
Getting to Know You...

Post by Mjmx94 »

I have gotten my magnesium blood test and it was perfect
jimmylegs
Volunteer Moderator

Post by jimmylegs »

if i may ask, was your result i) 'normal' or ii) 'smack in the middle of normal' or iii) between 0.95 and 1.1 mmol/L?