Many symptoms and no help

This is the place to ask questions if you have symptoms that suggest MS, but aren't yet diagnosed.
cricketcollins

Many symptoms and no help

Post by cricketcollins »

Hi

I'm another long story. I'm desperate to find out if some of my problems are MS related. First off I have Ehlers Danlos Syndrome (EDS)and also just found out I have Graves Disease (going through treatment now). But 7 years ago I had some symptoms, black spot in my left eye that went away pretty fast but happened 5 times in one year. So I went to the ER just in case, the VA was worried I was having mini strokes. They did a spinal tap that tested positive for MS. But was told that it doesn't mean 100% diagnose. They just were afraid to do any other tests because a lot of my symptoms besides this is caused from my EDS. So within that year I also had an aneurysm which was caused from my EDS. I had a coil done on that.
During this time, I started having slight tremors, twitching in my face and arms, fatigue as always but nothing that really stood out.
About 3 years ago, I started having a lot of stabbing pains in my legs, arms and face and twitching continued especially in my face. Also a new symptoms of irritation in my arms and I scratch myself like crazy! I have sores all over my arms and now it's going to my chest. Also 2 years ago I started getting numbness and really bad pins and needles in my feet and fingers. This lasted over a year but the doctors ordered nerve test, which I never went too because the pain went away. But I still get it now and then but it's not constant anymore.
So now, I have the constant annoying skin itching and stabbing pain in my body and numbness here and there. My memory is getting worse and the foggy brain feeling and can't concentrate. But I can't quiet figure out if this is from my Graves Disease which has only been since February this year but all my symptoms has been for a few years.
They did find one lesion on my spine, but I don't think that really means much. I have my blood results for the last 10 years if I need to post that to see what's really going on. My doctors at the VA just want to treat me for Migraines and only go back to that for anything that's going on with me.
Last year, I had such weakness in my left leg that I fell to the ground and couldn't get up, I went to the ER and they said it was probably from a migraine. A week later my left arm went weak and it was so heavy to move around. I feel this way a lot lately, just weakness and having a hard time moving around.
jimmylegs
Volunteer Moderator

Re: Many symptoms and no help

Post by jimmylegs »

hi welcome to the forum :)

has any doc in the past ever tested you for any of the nutrients known to be off in EDS, Graves, or MS?

I think this study may be making things a bit more complicated than necessary, but you can see some essential nutrients in the mix here:

A novel therapeutic strategy for Ehlers-Danlos syndrome based on nutritional supplements (2005)
http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/15607555
"The novel aspect of this proposal is based on: (i) increasing scientific evidence that nutrition may be a major factor in the pathogenesis of many disorders once thought to result from defective genes alone; (ii) the recognition that many of the symptoms associated with Ehlers-Danlos syndrome are also characteristic of nutritional deficiencies; (iii) the synergistic action within the body of appropriate combinations of nutritional supplements in promoting normal tissue function. We therefore hypothesize that the symptoms associated with Ehlers-Danlos syndrome may be successfully alleviated using a specific (and potentially synergistic) combination of nutritional supplements, comprising calcium, carnitine, coenzyme Q(10), glucosamine, magnesium, methyl sulphonyl methane, pycnogenol, silica, vitamin C, and vitamin K, at dosages which have previously been demonstrated to be effective against the above symptoms in other disorders."

Iodine intake as a determinant of thyroid disorders in populations
http://www.sciencedirect.com/science/ar ... 0X09001006

I have lots of good info on nutritional factors to consider for MS if you are interested.
active members shape site content. if there is a problem, speak up!
use the report button to flag problematic post content to volunteer moderators' attention.