Hi there, I'm a 24 year old female with a series of issues that I've only been seen for one at a time with no results. My family doctor refuses to take me seriously, stating I'm "too young" and since I'm female I'm "probably jsut depressed"...I can tell you up front I'm the farthest from depressed, little to no anxiety, I'm a crazy happy upbeat person
However I am being brought down by the following issues seriously affecting my quality of life (sorry for the long list, I appreciate your time and feedback!!). I am aware mild forms of MS also don't always show up on CTs or MRIs, but this is crippling and Celiac has been ruled out. I doubt fibromyalgia because the pain isn't the main issue, mainly muscle paina dn weakness/cognitive/dizziness that's affecting me the worst.
- Migraines from early teens, increasing in frequency to about monthly, slight headaches almost daily (advil)
- Had CT for these in ’10 & ’11 as they were extreme, non-contrast and nothing showed
- Recently starting to get random spasms with them
- Periods of near-constant dizziness (not vertigo) started in ’09, lasting for weeks/month+. Goes away and comes back
- Recently dizzy periods worsening and accompanied by unexplained, daily nausea
- The nausea is HORRIBLE. I rarely vomit, but it is literally from the moment I wake up to go to bed
- Inner-ear and cerebellar problems ruled out by ENT and audiology
- ’09 started getting sharp pains down neck and back, especially during dizzy times
- Numbness, stiffness esp. Very easy to lose feeling/circulation. I get very cold, especially hands and feet
- Often get sensation of skin being very sore to touch, tender like I’ve been beaten up
- Feel very fatigued, increasingly. Very happy and energetic mentally but body stopping me
- Started getting wobbly at work and in school clinical
- Camping 2012- was very dizzy and tired/nauseated and woke up one morning constantly vomiting, whole body slowly went numb up to my face- undiagnosed
- Summer 2013- first time working hard out of school. Really noticed an increase in wobbly/weakness/dizziness. Collapsed one day from sheer weakness/exhaustion. Muscles all cramped and spasmed again. Cardiology found two murmurs and bedside echo showed leaky valves.
- Formal echo showed nothing indicating a reason for symptoms. Carotid bruit to be investigated. Was told to see neurologist but cardiology did not give referral
- Started thinking heart palpitations and chest pain may be nerve pain (considering left-sided issue)
- Recently strength has decreased and mild tremor. Severe migraines over Christmas with even worse nausea and dizziness than before, pain and difficulty lifting left arm (weakness/pain)
- Feel cognitively “foggy” when symptoms exacerbate, difficulty concentrating and memory lapses (will repeat myself or not notice what someone is saying, short term memory sucks)
- Jerky movements, just slight, in hands/face/feet (keep dropping things), flinging pens
- My legs get very weak, they begin to bow at times
- stress urinary incontinence when symptoms flare up
- Eyesight is depleting rapidly, not as sharp
- Decrease in symptoms for several months but still very fatigued and weak with random shooting pains, dizziness does not entirely go away. Lately the pain is more muscular and long-lasting
- Over Christmas, increasing extreme dizziness with constant whooshing sound in head. Couldn’t lay flat as it felt terrible. Accompanied by string of extreme migraines.
- Again very lively and happy but this is putting a damper on my spirits and seriously affecting work
Any feedback on if this could be MS, I know you can't diagnose on here but honestly, I just want SOMETHING to go on. I'm tired of being told it's all in my head...