Not so friendly MS Hug ??

This is the place to ask questions if you have symptoms that suggest MS, but aren't yet diagnosed.
cseubert418

Not so friendly MS Hug ??

Post by cseubert418 »

I have a lot of undiagnosed medical symptoms. One that I have had on and off for about 5 years now, is when I feel like something or someone has their arms wrapped around my chest and back and they are squeezing me as hard as they can. They thought it was my muscular or spine problems but muscle relaxers did not help and MRI of spine came back normal. When this happens, I'm in child's pose rocking back and forth because it is so uncomfortable. Sometimes I have to take shallow breathes. But other times, It isn't so bad. But I can still feel it. Whenever this happens, I try to get to my bad and relax as much as possible to try to stop it. It gets a little better if my Fiance rubs my back. As with my other symptoms(Mostly GI related), I have itching on my palms and soles, and I have no idea what is going on. I went to see a Doctor about possible MS but i felt like he pushed me aside because I didn't have typical double vision and extremity numbness. Does anyone else have only a few symptoms and have been definitely diagnosed with MS? Please HELP?!?!
jimmylegs
Volunteer Moderator

Re: Not so friendly MS Hug ??

Post by jimmylegs »

hi there :) welcome to the forum

question - have any of the docs sent you for nutrition tests?
what's your diet like, good or so-so? how about activity level?

the only time I've ever dealt with the hug and shortness of breath, it turned out to be a magnesium thing.
same deal when I had my worst gi issues (but for opposite reasons - long story).

I too have had itching palms and soles but I haven't done the work to track if that particular issue matched my magnesium troubles, time wise.

anyway.
can't hurt to rule out nutrition issues at least, so that at least you know what non-nutrition-linked symptoms you have left on the list with when it comes time for the docs to nail down a dx.

there's tons of info available here, if you decide nutrition looks like an avenue you'd like to pursue.

again, welcome to the forum :)
active members shape site content. if there is a problem, speak up!
use the report button to flag problematic post content to volunteer moderators' attention.

Return to “Undiagnosed”