Could I have MS? Please help.

This is the place to ask questions if you have symptoms that suggest MS, but aren't yet diagnosed.
taemint

Could I have MS? Please help.

Post by taemint »

((This is really long, i'm sorry. Thank you to anyone who reads this.))

Okay, so i'm going to start at the very beginning of my "symptoms". All through elementary school, my legs would randomly get weak and feel strange, this was especially true when I was hungry. When I was in the 5th grade I was required to get a swine flu shot. I got it and everything was fine for the rest of the day, until that night. I remember sitting on the couch watching TV and all of a sudden my body started violently shaking. My arms and legs felt like they had a mind of their own. I freaked out, but I was home alone. I decided to wait it out and see what happened. Eventually it stopped.

I'd say a year after that I got stung by a wasp and was shaking violently again that night. I talked my mom into taking me to the hospital, but right before we reached it my body all of a sudden stopped. I remember I was praying for it all to stop, and it just did. We turned around and went home. A few months after that I was sleeping over at my grandma's and my body started the shaking again. This was the worst case of it I could think off. I was freaking out and crying. I didn't want to wake up my grandma at 2AM to take me to the ER. I just waited it out and it went away after about 30 minutes. It confused me because I always thought the tremors were linked to things being injected into my body, but I wasn't stung or vaccinated at that time period. That was the last of the violent tremors.

When I was in middle school, (this is a little embarrassing) I started getting these shooting pains in my rectum. They would come at random times and seemed to get worse. They would get so bad that I would almost scream (but went as soon as they came). When I was in the 7th grade I had a really strange problem. When I would lay down to go to bed, it felt like my whole body would go numb. It wasn't sleep paralysis because I could easily move my body. However, it kept me up at night. It's the hardest thing ever to explain, but it was a really big problem at the time.

When I went into the eighth grade I was able to sleep normally again. I was happy and healthy. Every now and then I would still get the shooting pain in my rectum though. When 9th grade started however I developed major hypochondria because I had gotten a staph infection on my face (the first day of school) and had to go to the ER. I was allergic to all the medication they gave me. I had panic attacks for two weeks straight. It was rough. I went to the doctor once about my bowel movements and he told me I had IBS (hard stools and leakage). Then all of a sudden my legs would itch every night. And I mean itch BADLY. I would try to put lotion on them and it would help a little, but not enough. Over time it went away though. Another embarrassing problem I had in the 9th (and 10th) grade was my vaginal discharge. A week after my period, there would be so much vaginal discharge I would have to wear a pad. It was strange because it had never been like that before (I started my period in the 5th grade). I would also get headaches a lot and my doctor just told me they were tension headaches.

Now to the present. I just finished my 10th grade year, and everything was pretty much okay up until three weeks ago. I was lying in bed one night and all of a sudden I noticed my body was slightly shaking all over. I knew this wasn't like the shaking fits I used to have because I wasn't shaking violently. It freaked me out a bit, but I just hoped it would stop. It never did. Another big problem that started around the same time as the shaking was vision problems and dizziness. It's nothing extreme, but sometimes when I make a movement I get super dizzy and almost fall over. My vision is being strange because it's like it gets blurry sometimes. Something else I noticed the week before school let out was that I was peeing much more than I normally do. I came across something called MS and looked at the symptoms. Now i'm convinced that I have it and I'm scared to death. All of my symptoms lead to MS. They keep taking my social security away, so my mom can't really take me to a doctor unless she wants a huge bill (we don't have any money). My body hasn't stopped twitching, and it happens the most in my legs and abdomen. My legs have started to itch again too. The only reassurance I have is that I never feel fatigued. However, the internet says 80% of MS people feel fatigue. I could be that 20%. My bowel movements have also been bad. Some are rock hard and small, but most of the time it's runny. I have a very stressful life, but since school let out I was feeling pretty calm. That's why I can't convince myself that it's anxiety. Sometimes my hands tingle, and sometimes my calf's feel like dead weight too. At night I've been having breathing troubles. (Sorry I keep adding random information).

I'm just so scared, and can't get to a doctor. Having an incurable disease is my biggest fear. I can't help but cry. I know I sound pathetic. I'm only 16 and I'm the only person my mother has. I don't want to do this to her.

Can someone help me? Thank you.
ElliotB
Family Elder

Re: Could I have MS? Please help.

Post by ElliotB »

Why can't you get to a doctor?

Return to “Undiagnosed”