Pantothenic Acid – Vitamin B5

If it's on your mind and it has to do with multiple sclerosis in any way, post it here.
ElliotB
Family Elder

Pantothenic Acid – Vitamin B5

Post by ElliotB »

I saw an ad on Facebook for a supplement called Fatty15. They are promoting it for its many health benefits and as a replacement for Omega 3 supplements. So, I decided to look into it. And based on the research I did, I decided to take it IN ADDITION to my Omega 3 supplements. I WILL DEFINITELY NOT be giving up my Omega 3 regimen and I don't recommend anyone taking Omega 3 supplements to give them up. Omega 3 fatty acids are extremely healthy to consume and promotes good health.

Their version of it is very expensive, VERY, very expensive. Pantothenic Acid is a very inexpensive supplement and a year's supply of it taking 500mg daily (one capsule) only costs about $20 (on Amazon). They charge about $40 a month for thirty 100mg capsules.

This supplement offers numerous health benefits and can even help with weight loss. Frankly, I am surprised this supplement is not well marketed. I take a lot of supplements, am constantly researching supplements daily and have been for years YET had never seen this one before the ad I saw a few weeks ago on FB. It's list of health benefits is quite extensive and impressive!

I found this informative article about it:
https://www.hsph.harvard.edu/nutritions ... itamin-b5/

Here is another good article that reviews the many health benefits of this supplement:
https://nootropicsexpert.com/vitamin-b5 ... enic-acid/
Last edited by ElliotB on Wed May 15, 2024 12:24 pm, edited 4 times in total.
DIM
Family Elder

Re: Pantothenic Acid – Vitamin B5

Post by DIM »

Wife takes daily among other supplements, 1 lozenge coenzymated B complex by Source Naturals (contains 25mg Calcium-D-Pantothenate), and 4 lozenges coenzymated B1 (25mg cocarboxylase each).
25mg coenzymated is equivalent to ~500mg of vitamin
ElliotB
Family Elder

Re: Pantothenic Acid – Vitamin B5

Post by ElliotB »

I have been taking higher doses of several B vitamins (not higher than recommended but more than contained in multivitamins/complexes) including B-12, B1, B6, B3, Biotin, Niacin, Benfotiamine and nutritional yeast, (high in B vitamins), but had never heard of B5 before. IF B5 can deliver what it promises, it is an excellent choice and a 'hidden' gem.

I just discovered that there is also a vitamin B17 as well and I have been investigating that now as well.
Last edited by ElliotB on Thu May 16, 2024 7:47 am, edited 1 time in total.