What do I read...

Discuss your favorite books here
Niko
Family Elder

What do I read...

Post by Niko »

The Reading Nook. This is very exciting :D
Great way to start the morning with coffee in hand :wink:

I figured I'd start a post about the kinds of books that I usually read.
Science fiction, a little fantasty, mystery, politics, historical, the occasional novel...

I'm very picky about my authors... sci-fi... it's hard to find a good, new (at least to me) author. Especially when you're standing in a bookstore and have little time to browse :!:

But what am I reading now?

"Letters to a Young Contrarian", by Christopher Hitchens.
A small book that forces the reader to think about a variety of topics, usually political, in ways that are contrary to the norm. Hitchens is a brilliant writer with a full and strong command of the English language. Keeping a dictionary close at hand is helpful 8)
"Avoid making irrevocable decisions when tired or hungry." -- Robert Heinlein
OneEyeBlind
Family Member

Post by OneEyeBlind »

I read a novel a week. I read Historical romance mainly. Some of my favorite Authors are Nora Roberts, Lynn Kurland, R Garcia Y Roberts, Kinley McGregor, Teresa Medeiros and Janet Chapman just to name a few.

I also like Sci-fi/fantasy. Terry Brooks, Tad Williams, Christopher Stasheff and Anne McCaffrey.

I don't do much for my self. This is the way I treat myself. Plus Its a way for me to relax and escape from this world and life and into another. Sort of like.. CALGON TAKE ME AWAY kind of feeling. I wouldn't give up my books for anything!!
Karen (OneEyeBlind) :wink:

* I don't suffer from insanity, I enjoy it!
kspackrat
Getting to Know You...

Post by kspackrat »

I love mysteries. Janet Evanovich is my favorite, she mixes in humor with light mystery. I do a lot of LOLing when I am reading her books, they are also a quick read.
Monica
REDHAIRANDTEMPER
Family Elder

Post by REDHAIRANDTEMPER »

good morning...
i like mysterys and books about haunting and ghost storys around the country...i love for my mystery koon and of course i like some horror books stephen king of course it one of my most favorites....however two yrs ago i started writing a dream down so i can get it out of my head..someone had told me that was a easy way to get rid of recurring dreams...well so how it has turned into a 32 chapter book thats not done yet..i all of a sudden got writers block...drives me crazy just want to finish cause friends have read it and keeo wanted to know the answer..so am rereading that now...lol..go figure

chris

Return to “Reading Nook”