mom10789
Family Elder

IV ABX

Post by mom10789 »

why aren't they in the protocal
gwa
Family Elder

Post by gwa »

Why should they be in the protocol? I will take a pill anytime over going to the hospital and getting an IV.

gwa
SarahLonglands
Family Elder

Post by SarahLonglands »

Goodness, I echo gwa here! However, the reason they aren't in the protocol is because it is aimed at ridding the body of a chronic infection in a thorough but gradual way, to lessen the chances of just giving up. This is where the pulses of flagyl come in. You could bash at the infection with IV abx, then think that you are cured. A few months later it comes back since all the parts of the lifecycle of the pathogen haven't been addressed.

Sarah
An Itinerary in Light and Shadow Completed Dr Charles Stratton / Dr David Wheldon abx regime for aggressive secondary progressive MS in June 2007, after four years. Still improving with no relapses since starting. Can't run but can paint all day.
MacKintosh
Family Elder

Post by MacKintosh »

Okay, it's a little vague, but I guess you mean, why aren't IV antibiotics on the protocol? :wink:

A pill can be controlled and another pill can be delayed or not taken at all. An IV will give you a certain amount of abx directly into your bloodstream and, if one should have a more difficult reaction to abx, there's no way to undo what you've put into your system. In other words, instead of doing things 'gently', as this protocol was designed for, you kill so MUCH bacteria at once, you deal with tremendous die-off reactions and you might harm yourself or at least set your treatment back, not to mention being horrifically uncomfortable.
The difference between what we do and what we are capable of doing would suffice to solve most of the world’s problems. Mohandas Gandhi

Return to “Antibiotics”