Article on Genzyme

A board to discuss the soon-to-be released drug Campath as a treatment for Multiple Sclerosis
bromley
Family Elder

Article on Genzyme

Post by bromley »

robbie
Family Elder

Post by robbie »

then failed this spring in a study of patients with the toughest form of MS to treat
what ms are they talking about here?
Had ms for 28 yrs,
8.5 EDSS
SPMS, 54 yrs old
Taking it day by day
gibbledygook
Family Elder

Post by gibbledygook »

Robbie, I think they mean primary progessive MS which recently failed to respond to Rituxan, which depletes B cells. Obviously it's not just B cell inflammation in progressive forms of the disease. Could you enroll in the probiotic/worm trials in Wisconsin? I think they are struggling to recruit. The link is in the General Discussion section.
3 years antibiotics, 06/09 bilateral jug stents at C1, 05/11 ballooning of both jug valves, 07/12 stenting of renal vein, azygos & jug valve ballooning,
gwa
Family Elder

Post by gwa »

gibbledygook wrote: Could you enroll in the probiotic/worm trials in Wisconsin? I think they are struggling to recruit.
Surprise, Surprise!! I bet that they are having a REAL struggle recruiting people.

I imagine that the progressive types are too far gone for this therapy anyway.

gwa
Terry
Family Elder

Post by Terry »

The worm one said diagnosed less than 2 years and no CRABS taken, I believe.

That doesn't fit many, does it? Maybe the problem in recruiting is more from that than the wormy thing. That was the criteria for the blood draw I did for Accelerated Cure in March. They were having trouble getting people there, too.

Terry
k6ristin
Family Member

economics of MS

Post by k6ristin »

What does this say about our healthcare system? This is an excellent article, explaining 2 promising experimental treatments. Yet its focus is really on stock market speculation & big pharma profits!
I use google news set to multiple sclerosis & regularly search for campath articles and had not seen this one. Thank you for posting!
{i received campath 3/08--no obvious miracles but remain hopeful}
Jamie
Family Elder

Post by Jamie »

To be fair that was a business web site.

But I know what you mean, I have the same alert and it's nearly always stockmarket news.

Return to “Campath (Lemtrada, Alemtuzumab)”