News from Rici, a polish patient being operated

A forum to discuss Chronic Cerebrospinal Venous Insufficiency and its relationship to Multiple Sclerosis.
Ana
Family Member

News from Rici, a polish patient being operated

Post by Ana »

Rici is a polish patient being operated several days ago in Katovice. He is 54 years old and has EDSS 6.

Rici reports every day about his improvements in health in our german forum so here is a short summary I made as Rici only speaks polish and german:

Day 1

"I can stand heat. Can bend my fingers without any physical exercises. Fingers aren't as stiff as before and the feeling is different. Tinitus is better and speaking is better, too. No pain in my head and back without any physical exercises. No more "double vision". The vein was blocked totally so they had to go thru the vein in my neck. After an hour everything was complete and I felt an instant relief. Spasms are remaining but not as strong."

Day 2

"Just arrived at home. Better feeling in my hands not so much numbness. After having woken up I instantly was able to close my fingers to a fist. Spasms improved. Had to use less Baclofen during the night. Only had to go the bathroom once this night. Before I had to go every 2 hours. I managed to reach home (5 hours drive) without going to the bathroom. Tired now and going to bed."

Day 3

"This night I also had to go only once to the bathroom. Instead of 75 or even more units of Baclofen against the spasms I only needed 35. Before I had to do "bicycle" with my legs every night to avoid uncontrolled movements of my legs. Some years ago I even demolished a bed in the hospital with my leg movements. I was able to stand close to the radiator without feeling uncomfortable. I believe it's not wrong to claim that I HAD MS. Only the consequences of the former wrong treatment are remaining. Such a great relief only after 3 days!"

Day 4

"Already my problems with keeping the balance have started to vanish! Unbelievable!"

(will be followed)
Last edited by Ana on Tue Nov 03, 2009 8:49 am, edited 3 times in total.
Rokkit
Family Elder

Post by Rokkit »

Ana, thank you so much for taking the time to do this! Please continue!
CRHInv
Family Elder

Post by CRHInv »

Amazing! Thank you so much. I would love to hear more!
dx 4/09 * Stanford appointment 11/09/09 * One stent left, low jugular 11/10/09!<br />One year from treatment, I have my life back.  Placebo schmebo.
Jamie
Family Elder

Post by Jamie »

I'm like an addict for their heroin reading stories like this.

Keep 'em coming.
mrhodes40
Family Elder

Post by mrhodes40 »

addict for stories like this
LOL :lol: Me too, make me know I am not the only one who noticed immediate relief of a couple of things (heat issues, that cleared up feeling in the head). Anecdotal and all that, but just the same, the experience is consistent.

Wonderful Rici!! Thanks Ana!
I'm not offering medical advice, I am just a patient too! Talk to your doctor about what is best for you...
http://www.thisisms.com/ftopic-7318-0.html This is my regimen thread
http://www.ccsvibook.com Read my book published by McFarland Health topics
ErikaSlovakia
Family Elder

Post by ErikaSlovakia »

Rici and also Dr. Simka told me, there were no side effects after Clexane - those under skin injections of Heparine. I can even take my LDN with it.
I can not find the post, but somebody here was explaining why you in the USA take Coumandine.
Of course, I prefer Clexane - I do not have to see more Slovak doctors to check my INR - this is already big reason for me. The side effects you mention is also big issue.
So why do you have suffer?
Erika
Aug. 7, 09 Doppler Ultras. in Poland, left Jugul. valve problem, RRMS since 1996, now SPMS,
- Nov.3,09: one stent in the left jug. vein in Katowice, Poland, LDN, never on DMDs
- Jan. 19, 11: control venography in Katowice - negative but I feel worse
mrhodes40
Family Elder

Post by mrhodes40 »

Coumadin is cheap in the US, low molecular weight heparin is expensive for us. In my case $3500 and the company not covering it. I would have preferred it.
I'm not offering medical advice, I am just a patient too! Talk to your doctor about what is best for you...
http://www.thisisms.com/ftopic-7318-0.html This is my regimen thread
http://www.ccsvibook.com Read my book published by McFarland Health topics
ErikaSlovakia
Family Elder

Post by ErikaSlovakia »

mrhodes40 wrote:Coumadin is cheap in the US, low molecular weight heparin is expensive for us. In my case $3500 and the company not covering it. I would have preferred it.
Yes, I remember something like this. It is not expensive here.
I do not understand more things in this world. I do not even ask why is it so.
I remember you with this problem.
Well, come to see me to Slovakia to get Clexane :D
This world is crazy anyway. :roll: I think I came from another planet. 8O
Erika
Aug. 7, 09 Doppler Ultras. in Poland, left Jugul. valve problem, RRMS since 1996, now SPMS,
- Nov.3,09: one stent in the left jug. vein in Katowice, Poland, LDN, never on DMDs
Ana
Family Member

Post by Ana »

Rici uploaded a small video about the operation to YouTube. He says that he is going to upload a better video soon.

Ernst
Family Elder

Post by Ernst »

Wonderful and really eagerly waiting newer video.
My wife's 3 yrs post video: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eLeqLps8XR8

Our family: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=p_QCKxeQAlg
Rokkit
Family Elder

Post by Rokkit »

Ana wrote:Rici uploaded a small video about the operation to YouTube.
Excellent! Bravo!
Sharon
Family Elder

Post by Sharon »

Oh, this is so-o cool! Can't wait to see the next video.
Thanks Rici

Sharon
Sharon
Family Elder

Post by Sharon »

Erica - be aware that you need to go off the LDN while on pain killers after the operation. Check the list of pain meds that are contraindicative with LDN
Cautionary warnings:
Because LDN blocks opioid receptors throughout the body for three or four hours, people using medicine that is an opioid agonist, i.e. narcotic medication — such as Ultram (tramadol), morphine, Percocet, Duragesic patch or codeine-containing medication — should not take LDN until such medicine is completely out of one's system. Patients who have become dependant on daily use of narcotic-containing pain medication may require 10 days to 2 weeks of slowly weaning off of such drugs entirely (while first substituting full doses of non-narcotic pain medications) before being able to begin LDN safely.
Sharon
ErikaSlovakia
Family Elder

Post by ErikaSlovakia »

Sharon wrote:Erica - be aware that you need to go off the LDN while on pain killers after the operation. Check the list of pain meds that are contraindicative with LDN
Sharon
Oh, thank you! I am going to check it right now.
I know I must stop LDN 72 hours before the procedure.
Needled
Family Elder

Post by Needled »

Rici, Sorry to hijack your very exciting post, but please just for a minute...

Erica,
I know I must stop LDN 72 hours before the procedure.
Is there something you wanted to tell us? 8O :D

Return to “Chronic Cerebrospinal Venous Insufficiency (CCSVI)”