Cervical Reason for CCSVI

A forum to discuss Chronic Cerebrospinal Venous Insufficiency and its relationship to Multiple Sclerosis.
rssugg
Family Elder

Cervical Reason for CCSVI

Post by rssugg »

I have been looking for a CCSVI websote (with pics) that I have seen in the last 6 months or so that has a photos of CCSVI and one picture shows the vein being 'pinched' by a bulging cervical disk or similar. Any help??

The reason I ask is this - As I posted on another page, I have been telling my neuro for the last two years that I have stiffness in the left side of my neck down to my shoulder. Most days its there and when it is not, my day is 100% perfect. Well, I had a cervical MRI performed and there is a tiny, tiny old lesion site but it is not in the right place for the symptoms.

The MRI did however showed that I have some fusion in my cervical spine that may be congenital that may be the culprit. The doctors are sending me back for a CT scan on this area. I am trying to find an image that may show a nexus between cervical problems, CCSVI, and MS.

I also wonder if the tightness, possibly due to pressure on a nerve from cervical misalignment, may cause the muscles to tense up around the vein and restrict flow as well. (ie: a healthy vein narrowed by tight neck muscles due to cervical/nerve root causes)
Ruthless67
Family Elder

suggestion

Post by Ruthless67 »

rssugg,

Try sending a pm to Mark, (Curious) at TIMS. He has a zillion images of CCSVI scans. Maybe he has one like you are looking for.

Lora
shye
Family Elder

Post by shye »

rssugg,
this might be it:
http://www.thisisms.com/ftopic-8515-day ... asc-0.html

and Please see my post on that thread on 12/15/09 re chiropractic manipulation...
thisisalex
Family Elder

Post by thisisalex »

newlywed4ever
Family Elder

Post by newlywed4ever »

You might also want to post your questions on the thread Dr. Sclafani answers questions...
zap
Family Elder

Post by zap »

See this article:

http://www.jvsr.com/abstracts/index.asp?id=205
Conclusion: A causal link between trauma-induced upper cervical injury and disease onset for both MS and PD appears to exist. Correcting the injury to the upper cervical spine through the use of IUCCA protocol may arrest and reverse the progression of both MS and PD.
LR1234
Family Elder

Post by LR1234 »

My recent attack of vertigo I am now 100% sure came from the chiro manipulation I had. I have to say since that manipulation in my neck my eyes are no longer painful, bad news is I have constant vertigo.
i def think that the position of the bones/muscles has had an effect on my blood flow and on the CCSVI procedure I had.
I am going back to my chiro tomorrow to see if he can get rid of this vertigo again!!
LSITC
Family Member

Vertigo

Post by LSITC »

Hi LR

Sorry you have vertigo but I have always found that the best medication to get rid of it is Serc. If you can get a script for Serc 16, take 2 and go to bed as they will make you sleepy. When you wake up you will feel 100% better. Hope this helps.
Motiak
Family Member

Post by Motiak »

Not to harp on it, but this is one of the reasons I was surprised that Montel didn't just hop on board with CCSVI. That one video has him talking about getting his atlas adjusted and the immediate relief that he felt. Now, I'm no anatomy buff but it seems to be that if the atlas was impinging his IJV's that an adjustment could help with that issue.
zap
Family Elder

Post by zap »

zap wrote:See this article:

http://www.jvsr.com/abstracts/index.asp?id=205
Conclusion: A causal link between trauma-induced upper cervical injury and disease onset for both MS and PD appears to exist. Correcting the injury to the upper cervical spine through the use of IUCCA protocol may arrest and reverse the progression of both MS and PD.
I emailed Dr Elster and she pointed me toward quite a bit more research she's done in this area, check it out @

http://www.erinelster.com/ConditionsDet ... itionID=17
Research Summary By 2010, approximately 80 MS patients have been examined and treated by Dr. Elster using specific IUCCA Upper Cervical Care (see publications below). All patients showed evidence of trauma-induced upper cervical injuries during examination (upper cervical radiographs and digital infrared imaging). Many patients recalled specific incidences of trauma (auto accidents, falls, concussions, whiplashes) that could have caused their upper cervical injuries while some did not. Some traumas had occurred more than 10 years prior to the onset of MS symptoms. Even if a patient did not recall experiencing an accident or trauma to his or her neck, upper cervical injuries were found in 100% of cases examined.
zap
Family Elder

Post by zap »

a note from Dr Elster:
I would be happy to investigate it further but unfortunately all of my grant proposals have been rejected over the years by biased committees of medical doctors, etc. I'm afraid that without funding I have no way to pursue this any further other than to continue to post my patient case results online. If you have any other suggestions, please let me know.
if this first serious wave of CCSVI research pans out, she should have some darn good evidence to bring to bear on a grant proposal in this area ...

If anyone around Boulder CO is interested, check her out ... she is aware of CCSVI and interested in addressing it chiropractically if possible.

(I know in some cases this wouldn't even make sense, but in other stenoses - bony blockages, extrinsic pressures, postural problems, etc - it certainly seems to be worth investigating.)
Brightspot
Family Elder

Post by Brightspot »

A post on this website a while back referred to this Atlas vertebral adjustment. I watched the video at the link which was posted. Sorry I cannor reccall who posted, but thanks, if you are reading this.

(One of my strategies for MS management is to occasionally try to find out what very wealthy people with unlimited resources who have MS are doing. If I had a lot of money I would hire some very smart people to advise me. So while I am not a celebrity watcher, I did take an interest in the post.)

When I saw the clip from the chiropactor who appeared on the Montel show, I did some research and found a local chiropractor who does xray then gentle (one to two pounds of pressure) adjustment to the upper most vertebra. He does not use the machine per the Montel video. I decided to try on the basis that it seemed pretty safe.

About a month before that I also elevated the top of my bed. This also seems pretty safe, is almost free, and nobody is profitting from it. I had heard some pretty amazing stories of personal experience from people I trust. To me the idea that it may provide gentle traction, and help with alignment was appealing, along with the issue of postural effects on blood flow.

Also saw a cranio sacral massage therapist for a few appointments.

So, three new treatment efforts at about the same time. Not the ideal methodology for scientific assessment.

The bottom line is that my body seems to be better aligned, and my energy level and cognition better than I recall for years.
Trish317
Family Elder

Post by Trish317 »

I'm following this with particular interest. Thirty years ago, my darling man broke his neck. He's had four neck surgeries. Some of them have been to fuse the vertebrae and, one of them was a foraminotomy, because his spinal cord was being pinched by the scar tissue that had developed from the fusion operations.

He first started having symptoms after the first surgery but was never diagnosed with MS until three years ago when he was told that he has primary progressive.
blossom
Family Elder

Post by blossom »

trish317, i have been for yrs. telling, begging the dr.'s to look at my neck differently that for some reason when i put my head in different positions i can move better my feet warm up etc. i too had a neck injury in the mid 70's. did not need surgery but did the traction etc. then in 1990 i had a bad fall. again, nothing broke but severely stoved up. couple weeks started dragging leg when fatigued and the nightmare began. diag ppms 1994. i had always brought the trauma up but was always told that was insignificent. i would bet my life that your husband and i both have restricted blood flow and ccsvi or ctos is the problem. myself i am really hopeing that some of these doctors that we are all so appreciative of that they are trying to get ccsvi treatment for us also think out of the box just a smidgeon more and check the ctos factor. to my understanding, if you can find a doctor that knows how to check you for thoracic outlet syndromn and if you have that you probably have ctos. i just hope they take the chains off these guys and let them do their thing.
LR1234
Family Elder

Post by LR1234 »

Thanks LSITC I will try and find out about Serc.

I have today just started taking Doxycyline 200mg and 100mg Roxy and a load of B1 and that seems to have reduced it massively, not gone yet but def a bit better.
Hopefully if I do the abx for 10 days or so it will go for good.