Clexane injections (Heparin)

A forum to discuss Chronic Cerebrospinal Venous Insufficiency and its relationship to Multiple Sclerosis.
ErikaSlovakia
Family Elder

Clexane injections (Heparin)

Post by ErikaSlovakia »

My little story about Clexane:
Some of you know I was scared to inject myself.
I am lucky I do not have any psychological block against it.
Day before the procedure, a nurse injected it. I was watching. She started about 15 cm far from my belly and the needle was inside. After she pushed slowly the syringe to inject the liquid inside of my skin. It was over and little bit painful for about a minute. I found it very simple. I told her I wanted to start next day.
I just was scared hoe I reach the target with my ataxia and tremor, moreover I do not see well enough with my left eye.
Well, next day I did it. The needle entered the skin only 1 mm far from my finger. It was little bit painful, so my hand started to shake, so I punctured myself twice within a second — well, more bruises... Next day I did the same mistake. I found it funny.
The third day I was in a hotel and I really wanted to do it in once, oh - it was in three times - I got scared, my hand was shaking. It took only a second.
I did not find it funny anymore. I was very angry with me. I felt so upset, like a clumsy looser. I did not even go for lunch, I did not talk with me.
The I was thinking about some new strategy. I was sure it would not work with me like that.
Next day, I touched my skin with the needle and pushed the needle slowly into my skin - no pain, I pushed the liquid into my skin - no pain, I pulled it out fast and it was painful only as usually may be one minute but not much.
Man, I was so proud of myself. Since that time I do it like that without any problem. I have less bruises finally. I should not feel any side effects - I really do not. I do not even have to go to check my INR.
I may take LDN with that. I have started 2 days after the procedure.

I am very happy with Clexane!
Erika
(Is it correct English to puncture with a needle? I am not sure.)
Aug. 7, 09 Doppler Ultras. in Poland, left Jugul. valve problem, RRMS since 1996, now SPMS,
- Nov.3,09: one stent in the left jug. vein in Katowice, Poland, LDN, never on DMDs
- Jan. 19, 11: control venography in Katowice - negative but I feel worse
mrhodes40
Family Elder

Post by mrhodes40 »

puncture with a needle?
Yes indeed! you are a marvel of understandable english!

I use the slow injection techniqu too, it works fine! I am glad you have done it and won that battle!
I'm not offering medical advice, I am just a patient too! Talk to your doctor about what is best for you...
http://www.thisisms.com/ftopic-7318-0.html This is my regimen thread
http://www.ccsvibook.com Read my book published by McFarland Health topics
Rokkit
Family Elder

Post by Rokkit »

I'm pretty sure there is nothing you can't do, Erika.
ErikaSlovakia
Family Elder

Post by ErikaSlovakia »

Rokkit wrote:I'm pretty sure there is nothing you can't do, Erika.
I think, you are right. It was whole life like that but it is very hard.
BUT I MUST MANAGE IF I WANT TO!
Erika
Aug. 7, 09 Doppler Ultras. in Poland, left Jugul. valve problem, RRMS since 1996, now SPMS,
- Nov.3,09: one stent in the left jug. vein in Katowice, Poland, LDN, never on DMDs
Robnl
Family Elder

Post by Robnl »

Erika,

For how long do you have to inject Clexane after the surgery, a week, a month?

Regards,

Rob
ErikaSlovakia
Family Elder

Post by ErikaSlovakia »

Robnl wrote:Erika,

For how long do you have to inject Clexane after the surgery, a week, a month?

Regards,

Rob
I have to inject it for 2 monts (60 days)
Erika
Robnl
Family Elder

Post by Robnl »

Well, my girlfriend is a nurse (kind of), she knows how to inject. So if my have my veins 'done' and i cannot do it myself, she will do it :D
Plan to go to Poland beginning 2010

Rob
ErikaSlovakia
Family Elder

Post by ErikaSlovakia »

Robnl wrote:Well, my girlfriend is a nurse (kind of), she knows how to inject. So if my have my veins 'done' and i cannot do it myself, she will do it :D
Plan to go to Poland beginning 2010

Rob
Do not worry Rob! Now I am smart but before I was scared to do it. I have never injected myself before.
The first three days I did it like the nurse did it. She used fast movement and she injected it. It did not work with me like that. I have to hold my skin with the left hand, I touch my skin with the needle and then I slowly push it into my skin - sometimes I do not even feel it. When I am inside with the needle I inject the liquid and after I pull the needle fast out of my skin. I do not create any bruises like that! I still have bruises from my first three days. When I did it fast it was painful, I pulled the neddle out and punctured again fast because my hand was shaking.
I do not know which strategy works with you.
I WANTED to do it by myself!
In any case it is good to take heparin gel with you to hospital. I still have some bruises because I have problems with my balance and by belly is still blue. I bought it in Pharmacy in Katowice. It was just in front of my hotel.
Erika
chrishasms
Family Elder

Post by chrishasms »

Last edited by chrishasms on Sat Dec 05, 2009 12:14 pm, edited 1 time in total.
ErikaSlovakia
Family Elder

Post by ErikaSlovakia »

I am in the middle with my Clexane injections.
It means I have already injected 30 and I still have to inject 30 injections (40 mg).
No problems at all so far.
I can still see the bruises I have created from the first 4 days. They are much smaller now and of course much lighter.
It is my day 30 today.
Erika
prof8
Family Elder

Post by prof8 »

Does anyone know why Dr. Drake uses coumadin and plavix instead of heparin if the side effects from heparin are less and you don't need to have an INR checked? Thanks!