Stuck on the fence

New members should feel free to introduce themselves here
Rvdreaming

Stuck on the fence

Post by Rvdreaming »

hello to everyone. I am 60 year old female undiagnosed. Went to see Doctor again for my "laundry list" to be told again I am the healthiest person he sees. He has run many tests which I pass with flying colours but still have not only the same issues but more.
Became noticeable to me 2 years ago
Tingling hands, feet, face tested nerves in extremities ok
Swallowing. ENT Ok
Head ache. MRI. Ok
Side pain into groin 3 cts many other tests ok
Short of breath Heart Dr. Ok
Eye pain. Waiting to see second ortho. As OK
Lack or smell and taste
Dizzy light headed
Head twitching
I have asked for referral to neurologist, have been prescribed muscle relaxer and told to come back in 2 weeks
Have appointment with naturopath for blood screening.
I follow paleo diet no gluten or red meat as bothers my stomach
Like all of you I do y want anything to be wrong but feel it there is early treatment will help.
ElliotB
Family Elder

Re: Stuck on the fence

Post by ElliotB »

You need a diagnosis before you can treat with medication, but you can treat yourself if you are so inclined to be as healthy as possible.

Good places to start - limit your intake of saturated fats, eat foods with 'good fats' (essential fatty acids (EFA) are important, and good fats are good for you) if you are not doing so already, take supplements starting with a really good multi and add others to help promote better health. Also, it is very important to elliminate all stress from your life.

Have you had comprehensive blood work done recently?
Last edited by ElliotB on Sat Jun 11, 2016 8:59 pm, edited 6 times in total.
lyndacarol
Family Elder

Post by lyndacarol »

Rvdreaming wrote:I am 60 year old female undiagnosed. Went to see Doctor again for my "laundry list" to be told again I am the healthiest person he sees. He has run many tests which I pass with flying colours but still have not only the same issues but more.
Became noticeable to me 2 years ago
Tingling hands, feet, face tested nerves in extremities ok
Swallowing. ENT Ok
Head ache. MRI. Ok
Lack or smell and taste
Dizzy light headed
Head twitching
I have asked for referral to neurologist, have been prescribed muscle relaxer and told to come back in 2 weeks
Have appointment with naturopath for blood screening.
I follow paleo diet no gluten or red meat as bothers my stomach
Like all of you I do y want anything to be wrong but feel it there is early treatment will help.
Welcome to ThisIsMS, RVdreaming.

In the many tests your doctor has run, I hope there was a vitamin D test. If so, please share your actual test result numbers with us (mine was tested in January – my result at 24 ng/mL was frankly deficient); if you have not had this test, please request the "25-hydroxy D" blood test be included in your next blood screening. The vitamin D test is not part of any standard testing; it must be specifically requested.

The risk for vitamin D deficiency increases with age. Over 1/2 the world's population is estimated to be deficient in vitamin D. Vitamin D deficiency can result in neurological symptoms, such as yours. It would be a shame to overlook this easily treated problem, if this is your problem. First of all, establish your vitamin D level with the test. Then, depending on your test results, discuss your action plan with your doctor.
NHE
Volunteer Moderator

Post by NHE »

Welcome to ThisIsMS Rvdreaming,
Rvdreaming wrote:Tingling hands, feet, face tested nerves in extremities ok
Swallowing. ENT Ok
Head ache. MRI. Ok
Lack or smell and taste
Dizzy light headed
Head twitching
Many of your symptoms are consistent with a possible vitamin B12 deficiency. Do you know if you've been tested for this yet? Don't accept being told that you're "normal." You really need to know your test values. For people with neurological symptoms, such as yourself, you really want your B12 to be between 600-1000 pg/mL. You may also wish to read the following topic for background information. http://www.thisisms.com/forum/natural-a ... 24857.html
LizardKing
Family Member

Post by LizardKing »

Did you look at your MRI report?
If you did, is there any mention of lesions?
Doctors telling you that you are fine when you feel pretty bad is pretty common.
Keep at them and do your own research (and since you are here you must be doing some) and get a diagnosis.
Until you crash out with something very serious that can't be ignored, they won't run all the tests that can diagnose
some of the more offbeat illnesses which you might have.
Eye pain is a common MS symptom but I have not read of it with many other diseases other than "optic migraine", aka don't know why.
As so many here will tell you, many vitamin deficiencies can cause a lot of these issues and getting them tested is important.
It is assumed by the medical community that most of these are normal if your other tests are also normal....
Frankly being vitamin deficient could be a cause OR a symptom but you can do something about it!

Return to “Introductions”