The start of an adventure...

New members should feel free to introduce themselves here
TonyNZ
Getting to Know You...

The start of an adventure...

Post by TonyNZ »

Hi There!

I am a 48 year-old male recently diagnosed (last Monday) with relapsing/remitting MS.

This comes after 3 years of confusion created by doctors in various countries (in the Middle East) without the necessary experience of MS to make the correct diagnosis. Now I am in New Zealand and it took only 2 months to get the answer I always suspected.

I experience substantial balance problems and have great numbness/lack of feeling in both feet and I have to walk with a stick in order not to fall over. My family is highly supportive of me and we view this as another adventure in life. One that I am determined to get the better of!

My mother had MS and I guess that it has been passed on to me; but I have a 5 year old son and he concerns me the most. What is the likelihood that he has been passed the disease and what should I start doing to help him? We are going to start giving him Vit D as New Zealand is starting to descend into winter and there will be precious little sun for a few months.

I am curiously relieved to have finally been conclusively diagnosed with MS. It is easier having something concrete to focus on and defeat than having a huge selection of possibilities to face.

I wish everyone well and much strength

Tony K
THX1138
Family Elder

Re: The start of an adventure...

Post by THX1138 »

want2bike
Family Elder

Post by want2bike »

MS and all the other diseases in not about the genes. It is about the toxins we put in our bodies. If you are concerned about your child make sure he has a clean environment which is free of toxins. You can get better if you get the proper information. Stop putting toxins in your body and give your body the nutrition it need. That is the key to getting your health back. Here are a couple of videos which explain it.

Kronk
Family Elder

Post by Kronk »

Hi Tony, I have sons 2 years and 4 years old and share your concerns. The good news is that even with a direct relative having MS it is still a fraction of a percent chance they will get it. The fact he is a boy will further reduce the risk. You are doing the right thing with Vitamin D supplementation. I would also ensure a balanced diet with fish a couple times a week as well.
daverestonvirginia
Family Elder

Post by daverestonvirginia »

Tony, I think it is best for everyone to take some time and do some MS research for themselves. That way when you decide on a plan of action you have a good chance of sticking with it. I myself believe MS does have a generic component and that is influenced by environment. I myself have a sister and uncle who both have MS like myself. I am on copaxone, the best bet diet and vitamins primarily Vitamin D. It has been working very well for me. I have my children on a pretty high supplement of VD.
Good Luck, Dave
vesta
Family Elder

Post by vesta »

MY FOUR STEPS TO MULTIPLE SCLEROSIS HEALTH

1. DETOXIFY

2. OPTIMAL NUTRITION AND SUPPLEMENTS

3. ENHANCE BLOOD/CEREBROSPINAL FLUID CIRCULATION - CCSVI
Simple blood/cerebrospinal fluid circulation thérapies such massage, acupuncture, neuro-muscular electrical stimulation, osteopathy, or swimming may suffice. I do daily Tens self acupressure treatments to stay afloat and try to get an acupuncture or osteopathic treatment once a month. A serious venous blockage may require a series of NUCCA chiropractic adjustments to relieve a skeletal obstruction, surgery or ANGIOPLASTY (see CCSVI thread).

4. EXERCISE BUILD UP PROGRESSIVELY

Good luck
MS Cure Enigmas.net
THX1138
Family Elder

Post by THX1138 »

:) Hi TonyNZ
It can be tempting to take supplemental Vitamin D/Hormone D in high doses (above 2,000 IU per day) when one is trying to prevent or fight a terrible disease such as MS. I sure did.

The video below is really helpful; The doctor in it discusses several studies on D and provides refreshing insight on what range of D blood levels are helpful and what ranges are harmful.

http://truttmd.com/who-the-heck-is-paul-offit/

THX1138

Return to “Introductions”