Article on Genzyme

A board to discuss the soon-to-be released drug Campath as a treatment for Multiple Sclerosis

Article on Genzyme

Postby bromley » Fri Jul 18, 2008 3:17 am

Family Elder

Postby robbie » Fri Jul 18, 2008 6:26 am

then failed this spring in a study of patients with the toughest form of MS to treat

what ms are they talking about here?
Had ms for over 19 years now.
Family Elder

Postby gibbledygook » Fri Jul 18, 2008 8:20 am

Robbie, I think they mean primary progessive MS which recently failed to respond to Rituxan, which depletes B cells. Obviously it's not just B cell inflammation in progressive forms of the disease. Could you enroll in the probiotic/worm trials in Wisconsin? I think they are struggling to recruit. The link is in the General Discussion section.
3 years antibiotics, 06/09 bilateral jug stents at C1, 05/11 ballooning of both jug valves, 07/12 stenting of renal vein, azygos & jug valve ballooning,
Family Elder

Postby gwa » Fri Jul 18, 2008 10:12 am

gibbledygook wrote: Could you enroll in the probiotic/worm trials in Wisconsin? I think they are struggling to recruit.

Surprise, Surprise!! I bet that they are having a REAL struggle recruiting people.

I imagine that the progressive types are too far gone for this therapy anyway.

Family Elder

Postby Terry » Fri Jul 18, 2008 2:41 pm

The worm one said diagnosed less than 2 years and no CRABS taken, I believe.

That doesn't fit many, does it? Maybe the problem in recruiting is more from that than the wormy thing. That was the criteria for the blood draw I did for Accelerated Cure in March. They were having trouble getting people there, too.

Family Elder

economics of MS

Postby k6ristin » Tue Jul 22, 2008 6:37 pm

What does this say about our healthcare system? This is an excellent article, explaining 2 promising experimental treatments. Yet its focus is really on stock market speculation & big pharma profits!
I use google news set to multiple sclerosis & regularly search for campath articles and had not seen this one. Thank you for posting!
{i received campath 3/08--no obvious miracles but remain hopeful}
Family Member

Postby Jamie » Thu Aug 07, 2008 3:50 pm

To be fair that was a business web site.

But I know what you mean, I have the same alert and it's nearly always stockmarket news.
Family Elder

Return to Campath (Lemtrada, Alemtuzumab)