2nd infusion & confused

A board to discuss the newly-released drug Tysabri, (formerly known as Antegren) as a treatment for Multiple Sclerosis
hNickyOz

2nd infusion & confused

Post by hNickyOz »

I have has MS 10 years and reasonablly unaffected. 6 months ago I had a stressful situation at work that left me pretty badly disabled

Got steroids but to no effect. MRI says I am very active

So started Ty 2 months ago and still can hardle walk and have no energy. Should I stay on it and wait it out? If so how long has it taken others to feel even the smallest positive effect?
:lol:
HELP :lol: :-B
gymbuff
Family Elder

Re: 2nd infusion & confused

Post by gymbuff »

I had my 51st Tysabri infusion yesterday. I remember that when I started I first had 3 days of steroids and (I was in a bad way) then the Tysabri and I felt an improvement almost immediately. Over the years on Tysabri I have only had steroids once and that was back in June 2010. Personally I would stick with it for a another few infusions and if there is no improvement well then look at alternatives. MS affects us all differently so what is effective for me may not be effective for you. By the way I was diagnosed in 1988. Keep fighting :smile:
hNickyOz

Post by hNickyOz »

Hi Gymbuff
Thanks for your advice. I know I should stay on the Ty a bit longer to see if there are any improvement or if it just stops my progression (as it should)

Where are you ftom and live in Ireland and where do you get you Ty
gymbuff
Family Elder

Post by gymbuff »

Hi hNickyOz
I live in the deep south near Cork city and get my Tysabri in Cork University Hospital. Keep positive. I believe that positivity really helps. Also keep smiling it keeps people wondering what you did :lol:
hNickyOz

Post by hNickyOz »

Hi Gymbuff. I agree with you about being positive and I am an exceptionally positive person. I actually find that a lot of people with ms have incredible attitudes

We live in Wicklow town and I get my ty at St Vincents. My husband is from cork city and his mumlives just across from ucd. Is cork good for responding to my ms requirementd
gymbuff
Family Elder

Post by gymbuff »

Hi hNickyOz
My daughter, who has her own set of health issues, says that if you don't laugh you'll cry and if you give up you'll die. I think she is absolutely correct.

G :smile:
hNickyOz

Post by hNickyOz »

How old are you and where did you go to school. Is your ms bad
gymbuff
Family Elder

Post by gymbuff »

I am 54 and went to a boarding school from 1969 - 1974. I also went to UCC later in life. Regards to my ms is it bad? I go to the gym/pool a couple of times a week depending how I am feeling for about 30 minutes a session nothing too strenuous. I use a wheelchair for shopping trips etc. but I manage to get around on short movements with a walking stick. If you like we can continue our personal stories by PM
G
hNickyOz

Post by hNickyOz »

i am new to this site. Can you explain the pm thing to me
gymbuff
Family Elder

Post by gymbuff »

At the bottom of your post there are 2 boxes 1 with 1 person marked profile and the other with 2 people marked pm (private message). Click on the pm icon below a particular message and away you go. I sent you a pm a few days ago. When you logon there is a little section next to the logon icon that tells you if any new messages have bee received.
EyeDoc
Family Elder

Post by EyeDoc »

I am currently at an infusion center awaiting my 15th infusion of Tysabri. I felt there was zero benefit. For the first 6 months, but over the past 8 months if eel my fatigue is much improved. I still have all the problems I had prior to treatment, but any improvement in fatigue is huge in my opinion. Stick withit for a little longer. Keep up hope! (easy to say, hard to do)