Daflon 500mg tracking thread

A forum to discuss Chronic Cerebrospinal Venous Insufficiency and its relationship to Multiple Sclerosis.
Jugular
Family Elder

Daflon 500mg tracking thread

Post by Jugular »

The intent of this thread is to explore whether Daflon 500mg has any therapeutic value to sufferers of CCSVI. Numerous other threads are already devoted to whether it has any value in theory. Here are some of them:

http://www.thisisms.com/forum/chronic-c ... 17751.html
http://www.thisisms.com/forum/chronic-c ... 17809.html
http://www.thisisms.com/forum/chronic-c ... 17755.html

So if you are taking it, report your experiences - good, bad or neutral.

My package arrived today in good condition from an online pharmacy which lived up to its promise of free shipping - complete with French-only instructions from Servier. Fortunately, I have experience reading French from our bilingual cereal boxes here in Canada.

I've been liberated already, and have had a good result but am taking it in the hopes of even more improvement as angioplasty treats only marked restrictions and (as per the other threads) Daflon 500mg holds the promise of a beneficial treatment for VI generally. I am also hope it might make a better dent in my neuropathic pain.

I will promptly discontinue if I experience anything adverse.

After two pills, nothing to report so far except some tingliness.

WARNING I'm just some guy on the internet without any medical training relying upon the power of Google when it comes to my knowledge base. To my knowledge Daflon 500mg has not been tested or recommended for the treatment of CCSVI by any practitioners in the field and the condition described as "CCSVI" itself and its link to MS does not enjoy a great deal of support in medical circles. You should consult with your doctor before taking any drug or supplement. Use at your own risk.

UPDATE To help with the tracking, please complete this basic survey. If you have an update, just start by calling it an UPDATE. Once we have a critical mass of enrolees and enough time has gone by, I will summarize the results in this and a separate thread.

Date started:
Dosage:
Description of MS:
CCSVI diagnosis:
CCSVI treatment (type, date(s), clinic(s):
CCSVI treatment results:
Daflon 500mg results:
Last edited by Jugular on Wed Oct 05, 2011 8:09 am, edited 3 times in total.
dania
Family Elder

Re: Daflon 500mg tracking thread

Post by dania »

Jugular can you post the online pharmacy? I want the pharmaceutical product as it is micronized and it will contain the the dosage that is on the label. I want to give it a try. Nothing to lose. I have CVI now and if it only alleviates that I would be happy.
Jugular
Family Elder

Post by Jugular »

beautynhealth.org

120 pills for $94 with free worldwide shipping. It took 11 days from order to arrival. Let me know if you find a better deal.
dania
Family Elder

Post by dania »

Thanks. I will try it.
Cece
Family Elder

Post by Cece »

Jugular wrote:The intent of this thread is to explore whether Daflon 500mg has any therapeutic value to sufferers of CCSVI. Numerous other threads are already devoted to whether it has any value in theory. So if you are taking it, report your experiences - good, bad or neural.
I am sure you meant neutral and I am not one to point out goofs because we all make them. 'Neural' is perfect, in context. :)

I would feel remiss if I do not add that everyone should talk over medications and supplements with their doctor to make sure there isn't any drug interactions or any reason why the medicine should not be taken. Best wishes to all.
Jugular
Family Elder

Post by Jugular »

Cece wrote:
Jugular wrote:The intent of this thread is to explore whether Daflon 500mg has any therapeutic value to sufferers of CCSVI. Numerous other threads are already devoted to whether it has any value in theory. So if you are taking it, report your experiences - good, bad or neural.
I am sure you meant neutral and I am not one to point out goofs because we all make them. 'Neural' is perfect, in context. :)

I would feel remiss if I do not add that everyone should talk over medications and supplements with their doctor to make sure there isn't any drug interactions or any reason why the medicine should not be taken. Best wishes to all.
Thanks Cece, for your constant neurality. :-D But yes, good point. This is an unproven alternative supplement to take for a controversial alternative condition. Take at your own risk.

I edited the opening.
David1949
Family Elder

Post by David1949 »

Does the package say where it was made? I found an online source but it said the stuff was made in Turkey. It makes me wonder about the standards to which it is made. Does it really contains Daflon ... or floor sweepings. :?
Jugular
Family Elder

Post by Jugular »

David1949 wrote:Does the package say where it was made? I found an online source but it said the stuff was made in Turkey. It makes me wonder about the standards to which it is made. Does it really contains Daflon ... or floor sweepings. :?
Les Laboratoires Servier Industrie, Gidy. Which is in France. I ordered mine sans floor sweepings.
mtf
Family Elder

Post by mtf »

Just bought my 1st daflon 500 box and Iwill started this evening.
THEGREEKFROMTHED
Family Elder

Post by THEGREEKFROMTHED »

I WOULD EAT DOG SHIT IF IT HELPED. IN FACT I HAVE AND IT DIDNT.
dania
Family Elder

Post by dania »

Too funny! Glad to see someone still has a sense of humor! I too would eat dog shit if it helped.
Last edited by dania on Fri Sep 16, 2011 7:20 am, edited 1 time in total.
Algis
Family Elder

Post by Algis »

You tried too? :D
IHateMS
Family Elder

Post by IHateMS »

THEGREEKFROMTHED wrote:I WOULD EAT DOG SHIT IF IT HELPED. IN FACT I HAVE AND IT DIDNT.
:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: right behind u in line :lol: :lol:
Ruthless67
Family Elder

Post by Ruthless67 »

Thanks for the great chuckle!!

I'd even bathe in "dog shit" bubble bath if it helped!!

Heaven help my loved ones.

Lora
Cece
Family Elder

Post by Cece »

ok this thread is evidence that, if not desperate, we can definitely be described as motivated!!