5 days of doxy

A forum for the discussion of antibiotics as a potential therapy for MS
SarahLonglands
Family Elder

Post by SarahLonglands »

Well, all I can say is that after nearly seven years for me, it still seems too good to be true. I still do have some permanent damage: I can't run or walk anywhere near as far as I used to, which was a heck of a long way. Its a shame but I am totally functional and I regained the use of my paralysed arm, so I can paint again. You might eventually regain more than you think, so might I because still see subtle improvements. I had MS for nearly twenty years before began treatment, having developed it straight out of university or maybe before.

Sarah :)
An Itinerary in Light and Shadow Completed Dr Charles Stratton / Dr David Wheldon abx regime for aggressive secondary progressive MS in June 2007, after four years. Still improving with no relapses since starting. Can't run but can paint all day.
Loriyas
Family Elder

Post by Loriyas »

Ohhhh the stairs Robbie! That is awesome!!! Sooo happy for you!!
Lori
Selmahope
Family Elder

abx regiment

Post by Selmahope »

sarah-what was your regiment for abx and how long?

Robbie- you are making great progress-I admire your spirit and accomplishment so far! How long have you been on the doxy so far?
SarahLonglands
Family Elder

Post by SarahLonglands »

Selma, I used doxycycline and roxithromycin with pulses of metronidazole or tinidazole, with a six month break from doxycycline when I changed to rifampicin. I took this full time for just over a year and then changed to intermittent for the next three years: two weeks on and two months off. Now I just take a few supplements.

Sarah
An Itinerary in Light and Shadow Completed Dr Charles Stratton / Dr David Wheldon abx regime for aggressive secondary progressive MS in June 2007, after four years. Still improving with no relapses since starting. Can't run but can paint all day.
Selmahope
Family Elder

thank you sarah

Post by Selmahope »

Thank you!-still sorting out my options- I wish I tolerated drugs better and did not have this horrific downward spirals from first herbs and now 2 years later a few weeks of drugs- So bad now - i know I must do something....

Have you considered any stem cell treatments or feel no need now since you are doing so well?
agatha
Family Member

incredible

Post by agatha »

Hi Robbie
I haven' been around since January because of SAD so I am gobsmacked to see your latest videos - how amazing are you?! Here's to ongoing improvements.
Agatha
robbie
Family Elder

Post by robbie »

Got into our hot tub yesterday with some help from friends (it's been 5 years), getting in was eaiser than getting out. I was in for an hour and the heat didn't seem to bother me. Getting stronger.....
Had ms for 28 yrs,
8.5 EDSS
SPMS, 54 yrs old
Taking it day by day
whyRwehere
Family Elder

Post by whyRwehere »

my aching body could do with one of those! Interesting the heat didn't bother you...glad to hear it.
Lyon
Family Elder

Post by Lyon »

Last edited by Lyon on Mon Nov 21, 2011 3:19 pm, edited 1 time in total.
carolew
Family Elder

Post by carolew »

Wow, Robbie, I just saw your video... I am so impressed!!!! Keep up the good work and keep the videos coming... wow... maked me think of trying it too (the doxy that is)... Carole
UWE59
Family Member

Post by UWE59 »

Hi Robbie I´m here since a few days and I will start CAP as soon as I get the OK from my doc.
All the best for you !!!

UWE
robbie
Family Elder

Post by robbie »

I have started treatment for Lyme, alot more antibiotics than my self prescribe amount, both oral and IV which starts in two weeks. The next year or so will be intereting, I hope things can get even better. I am really confused about how this is happening but very grateful at the same time.
Had ms for 28 yrs,
8.5 EDSS
SPMS, 54 yrs old
Taking it day by day
whyRwehere
Family Elder

Post by whyRwehere »

Good to hear Robbie, keep us posted on your progress, always worth reading!!
robbie
Family Elder

Post by robbie »

Had a picc line put in my arm last Friday and had my 4th IV so far, still able to work out my arms. Was worried that with the picc line i would not be able to do dumb bells from my chair anymore. Still getting on the bowflex as well. Upper body is getting much stronger which is a good feeling. have an mri in September and maybe there will be a difference in the lesions i have.
Had ms for 28 yrs,
8.5 EDSS
SPMS, 54 yrs old
Taking it day by day
whyRwehere
Family Elder

Post by whyRwehere »

Good going, will be checking back in on you in September!

Return to “Antibiotics”