DrSclafani answers some questions

A forum to discuss Chronic Cerebrospinal Venous Insufficiency and its relationship to Multiple Sclerosis.
drsclafani
Family Elder

Re: DrSclafani answers some questions

Post by drsclafani »

NZer1 wrote:Comment Mike Arata put on FB; https://www.facebook.com/Dr.Arata

Mike Arata
"Looked at almost 50 renal veins now. Finally an abnormal one. Interestingly enough the flow obstruction is not clinically significant since it is decompressing via a venous loop."

Dr S I have asked Mike if he uses IVIS, it will be interesting to see his reply. When I have asked questions about his findings and if he used IVIS in the past he does not reply for some reason!

Some of the comments Mike makes about 'his' treatment of valves gives the impression that PTA for CCSVI symptoms is different to what you are looking for and treating (and also why) when you are treating people.

Is there a difference? It seems to be splitting the CCSVI movement!

Are people finding that they are going for further treatments (after seeing some treatment providers), because they feel they have not been assessed accurately by some IR's?

Regards Nigel
i see the problem that many people are looking at the hemiazygous to renal vein connection as a way to decompress the obstructed azygous vein.

This is not the issue or the problem. When the renal vein is obstructed, much of its flow goes toward the azygous vein which is then overloaded.

i have had considerable conversation with many of my colleagues about this and pointedly asked DrZamboni if i understand him correctly and he concurs. Of course, neither he nor I are gospel, but i believe in the logic and physiology of what i speak

it will take time to get to consensus about this. I am fortunate enough to have top discuss this at next years ISNVD meeting. Hopefully we can resolve differnces.

And I agree with CECE, it would be best if people stop idealizing any of us treating physicians . We are all intelligent, with differences of opinions that need to be resolved.
Salvatore JA Sclafani MD
Patient contact: ccsviliberation@gmail.com
THEGREEKFROMTHED
Family Elder

Post by THEGREEKFROMTHED »

Dr s
I have feta cheese in my azygous vein. Also olive oil has clogged my illiac veins. Theres a half a loaf of bread and a tomato stuck in my ijv. Why didnt your damn ivus pick any of these items up? Huh? Chronic cheese Stuck vertically Intheveins (ccsvi) i will be discussing this with your colleagues! Mike do you know?
Last edited by THEGREEKFROMTHED on Fri Nov 11, 2011 4:10 pm, edited 3 times in total.
jimmylegs
Volunteer Moderator

Post by jimmylegs »

that made me really LOL
active members shape site content. if there is a problem, speak up!
use the report button to flag problematic post content to volunteer moderators' attention.
THEGREEKFROMTHED
Family Elder

Post by THEGREEKFROMTHED »

jimmylegs wrote:that made me really LOL
What you laughin about jimmy! Im turnin you into the magnesium board of enforcement!
Cece
Family Elder

Post by Cece »

Greek, you are a riot.
Dr. Sclafani, is it reasonable to hope for a case study this weekend?
Cece
Family Elder

Post by Cece »

drsclafani wrote:if you you are the patient i am imaging you to be, then a more significant bit of history that you can imagine.
Concomitant chronic fatigue resulting from nutcracker syndrome, and chronic fatigue as a symptom of jugular/azygous CCSVI, and chronic fatigue as a neurological symptom of MS? Or do I have to wait for the paper to come out?

Why was the research on nutcracker syndrome all on pediatric chronic fatigue syndrome being associated with nutcracker? Is adult chronic fatigue syndrome also associated with nutcracker?

If Cinna gets to be in a paper, I am jealous! I volunteer my jugular or ivus images for any paper! I should've been a more interesting case than I was, if that ups the odds for publication!! :smile:
jimmylegs
Volunteer Moderator

Post by jimmylegs »

guilty as charged, greek :D :D :D
active members shape site content. if there is a problem, speak up!
use the report button to flag problematic post content to volunteer moderators' attention.
CD
Family Elder

Post by CD »

Dr. Sclanfani, I sent you a very important PM...please read..
CD
Where there is a will, there is a way. "HOPE"

CCSVI Procedure December 2010
Cece
Family Elder

Post by Cece »

CD wrote:Dr. Sclanfani, I sent you a very important PM...please read..
CD
If you haven't heard back, try ccsviliberation@gmail.com
CD
Family Elder

Post by CD »

Thank you Cece. Sent email ..very, very important
CD
Where there is a will, there is a way. "HOPE"

CCSVI Procedure December 2010
drsclafani
Family Elder

Post by drsclafani »

THEGREEKFROMTHED wrote:Dr s
I have feta cheese in my azygous vein. Also olive oil has clogged my illiac veins. Theres a half a loaf of bread and a tomato stuck in my ijv. Why didnt your damn ivus pick any of these items up? Huh? Chronic cheese Stuck vertically Intheveins (ccsvi) i will be discussing this with your colleagues! Mike do you know?
Greek
you were one of my first patients. I have grown quite a bit since then
Salvatore JA Sclafani MD
drsclafani
Family Elder

Post by drsclafani »

Cece wrote:Greek, you are a riot.
Dr. Sclafani, is it reasonable to hope for a case study this weekend?
i am not busy these past few weeks, cece

i just returned from my son's destination wedding anyway
Salvatore JA Sclafani MD
drsclafani
Family Elder

Post by drsclafani »

Cece wrote:
drsclafani wrote:if you you are the patient i am imaging you to be, then a more significant bit of history that you can imagine.
Concomitant chronic fatigue resulting from nutcracker syndrome, and chronic fatigue as a symptom of jugular/azygous CCSVI, and chronic fatigue as a neurological symptom of MS? Or do I have to wait for the paper to come out?

Why was the research on nutcracker syndrome all on pediatric chronic fatigue syndrome being associated with nutcracker? Is adult chronic fatigue syndrome also associated with nutcracker?

If Cinna gets to be in a paper, I am jealous! I volunteer my jugular or ivus images for any paper! I should've been a more interesting case than I was, if that ups the odds for publication!! :smile:
cece
what makes that case so important is the fact that improvements came despite a year long durability of treatmentof the common veins of ccsvi, improvements came with ONLY treatment of the renal vein.

Can you imagine how uncommon such a situation is? if the nutcracker were treated in addition to other standard veins, one could never know which gave the improvements.

We all think this is an important case.
Salvatore JA Sclafani MD
Cinna
Getting to Know You...

Post by Cinna »

Thanks Dr. Sclafani for your comment. Just so everyone knows, I have responded to Dr. S's earlier post and identified myself. As I told him, I continue to do very well.
Cece
Family Elder

Post by Cece »

drsclafani wrote:i just returned from my son's destination wedding anyway
A lifetime of happiness to the bride and groom.... :)
drsclafani wrote:what makes that case so important is the fact that improvements came despite a year long durability of treatmentof the common veins of ccsvi, improvements came with ONLY treatment of the renal vein.

Can you imagine how uncommon such a situation is? if the nutcracker were treated in addition to other standard veins, one could never know which gave the improvements.

We all think this is an important case.
Then it is an especially good thing that the patient went to you. If the renal vein wasn't checked, this would have been missed again, and even if the renal stenosis was found, if it was by an IR who was not looking to contribute to the scientific knowledge through publications and collaborations, that would've been a loss as well.

Cinna, great news that you continue to do well!