Hysterical Conversion with MS?

If it's on your mind and it has to do with multiple sclerosis in any way, post it here.
Thomas
Family Elder

Hysterical Conversion with MS?

Post by Thomas »

deleted
Last edited by Thomas on Tue Dec 14, 2010 8:20 pm, edited 1 time in total.
mrhodes40
Family Elder

Post by mrhodes40 »

HI
My right leg is my wierd one and it collapses when I laugh hard, when I'm stressed, when something scary happens like I pull out int he car when I shouldn't have. Earier in my disese I had spasticity that got bad. I'll never forget how when I was new we went to a party and I had to walk down a long staircase in front of everyone. My legs would not bend! I walked on sticks for legs! I was mortified and the more mortified the worse it got. By the end of the evening, I could be fairly smooth again!
I think this is because of the stress hormones. They course through your system and alter the neurotransmission, and for us that makes wierd consequences
BLassings
Marie
Thomas
Family Elder

Post by Thomas »

deleted
Last edited by Thomas on Tue Dec 14, 2010 8:20 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Thomas
Family Elder

Post by Thomas »

deleted
Last edited by Thomas on Tue Dec 14, 2010 8:21 pm, edited 1 time in total.
kareng7
Family Member

Post by kareng7 »

Hi Thomas,

Did you see my earlier post about what my neuro said regarding steroids vs. hospital stays?

http://thisisms.com/modules.php?name=Fo ... pic&t=1992

Stress definitely contributes. There is no question. My first symptoms came on during a VERY stressful period.

I also believe I went through a conversion involving my left leg. I started getting strange bruising along the outside of my thigh about three months after my diagnosis. Really bad bruising, too. Looked like someone hit me with a baseball bat. My neuro found no relationship to the disease, and I firmly believe that stress of the diagnosis brought it on. It hasn't returned since.

Return to “General Discussion”