Sicko!

If it's on your mind and it has to do with multiple sclerosis in any way, post it here.
Brainteaser
Family Elder

Sicko!

Post by Brainteaser »

Michael Moore is to make a film, 'Sicko' on the problems of the health industry in the US and he is calling for contributory stories. See www.michaelmoore.com

This could be one for you, Bromley! :) (although a change of residency might be a pre-requisite).
Jaded
Family Elder

Post by Jaded »

Great idea Brainteaser, just what we need methinks. 8)

J.
OddDuck
Contributing Author

Post by OddDuck »

I grew up in the same town as Michael Moore and ran into him often back in the day. :lol: He graduated from H.S. just a year before I did.

I did write to him last year, I think, with regard to Biogen (at that time, Moore was infiltrating the pharmas to film some of those interesting decision-makers for this movie). I hope Anita Smith's family wrote to Michael, too.

I wonder if Biogen ever got a surprise visit? I hope so!! I do know that internal memos were flying throughout the pharmas a while ago to not let any "strangers" get behind the scenes, etc. :D

I can hardly wait for the movie to come out. Mike always was quite the hoot around town!

Deb
Brownsfan
Family Member

Post by Brownsfan »

Ironic that that fat slob is making a movie about the healthcare industry. He is likely more part of the problem than the solution.
OddDuck
Contributing Author

Post by OddDuck »

What problem is that? The same one, perhaps, that Moore is going to try to expose, is all? Sounds like you both might be saying the same thing after all.

:wink:
viper498
Family Elder

Post by viper498 »

Actually it sounds like Brownsfan doesn't much care for Michael Moore.
Brownsfan
Family Member

Post by Brownsfan »

I don't really care one way or the other about Moore's films, but for him to make a film about healthcare would be analogous to a chain-smoker making a film about running marathons. This guy can't take care of himself, why should anyone care to hear his views of the healthcare industry?
viper498
Family Elder

Post by viper498 »

That is the same as saying that a doctor that smokes or drinks can't care for a patient. I've known several good doctors that smoked, drank, and were obese, but it didn't affect their competency, or ability to care for patients.

Just because he smokes, and obviously doesn't take care of himself, doesn't mean he can't produce a meaningful film that exposes the Health Care Industry for what it is. I mean its an easy film to make. The injustices of the Health Care Industry are many.

-B
remnants
Family Member

Post by remnants »

Not every brilliant mind comes in a well disciplined, pretty perfect package!

Cindy
Every morning I awaken torn between the desire to save the world and the inclination to savor it.
- E.B. White
viper498
Family Elder

Post by viper498 »

Agreed.

Return to “General Discussion”