Will You Share Your Relationship Experiences?

If it's on your mind and it has to do with multiple sclerosis in any way, post it here.
art
Family Elder

Will You Share Your Relationship Experiences?

Post by art »

I've been asked to write an article for the LDN Research Trust Newsletter on how MS impacts relationships. I'd like to cover it from both the person with MS's perspective and from the perspective of someone in a relationship with someone with MS.

I have my own experience and that of a few friends, but I'd love to hear from others who are willing to share the troubles MS has caused them in relationships as well as the tips you might have for helping to make a relationship involving MS work (especially those tips).

I won't use any names, I'm looking to distill the general nature of the comments for the article.

You can reply to this posting, email me at art at acceleratedcure dot org or post comments here http://www.bostoncure.org:8080/article. ... ode=nested by clicking on the "comment" button.

Thanks to anyone who can help.

PS: Yes, I know this doesn't have anything to do with LDN, but that's what they asked for. Their newsletter is a bit more general.
http://www.ldnresearchtrust.org/
Art Mellor Dx 2000
You can see what we have to offer at
http://www.acceleratedcure.org/offerings/
Melody
Family Elder

Post by Melody »

Do you have to be on LDN or all relationships being looked at??????
John was diagnosed Jan 2005. On lipitor 20mg .On Copaxone since July 4,2005. Vitamin D3 2000iu-4000iu (depending on sunshine months)June 10 2005(RX::Dr. O'Connor) Omega 3 as well Turmeric since April 2005. Q10 60mg. 1500mg liquid Glucosamine Nov 2005.
lyndacarol
Family Elder

Duplication of effort

Post by lyndacarol »

I checked out Art's website and, although it has a sterile, professional feel about it, it seems to offer the same information I can find here, but without the feeling of community I find here.

And the name "art" is ALL over it! Maybe "Art's Website" would be a better name.

This informal site of affected people offers innovation and promise, in my opinion. Too many sites with the same format may confound potential progress and benefit.
art
Family Elder

Post by art »

Hi Melody,

No connection to LDN is needed. Just one to MS.

Hi LyndaCarol,

Yes, there is a lot of overlap between MSNews and ThisIsMS. I have been running MSNews far longer than ThisIsMS and with a very different intent. MSNews is just that - a news portal. ThisIsMS is a wonderful community that also shares news.

"art" is all over it because I have been running it and contributing to it daily and I am the only editor. If you would look a little closer you will see that there are other people contributing, my name is just listed as the editor who posts the submitted articles. We have hundreds of people who are receiving our posts and viewing the web site daily. I personally make a concerted effort to keep the flow of updates coming. If you look at the front page of ThisIsMS you will find that Aaron is the sole poster of information there so far - I don't think there's a problem with that.

How you can feel that more information will "confound potential progress and benefit" is a little beyond me, but if you have a legitimate harm to describe, I'm happy to listen.

Anyway, none of this was the point of my asking for some input from the ThisIsMS community (to which I've tried to be a contributor for almost 2 years).

Sorry my post and efforts to educate the MS community seem to have upset you. Hopefully this clarifies things a bit for you (and those reading your comments).
Art Mellor Dx 2000
Arron
Volunteer Moderator

Post by Arron »

Art has done a great deal of work for the MS community, and the Accelerated Cure Project has excellent goals. MSNews is but one part of their efforts.

I do want to clarify one thing from Art's post... my name is hardly anywhere to be found on the front page, which is by intention. Though I do contribute quite a bit, I'm not the only one writing the articles (Sometimes, however, it sure feels like it!) :) articles are posted under the group account name of "Admin."
Last edited by Arron on Tue Mar 21, 2006 12:54 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Disclaimer: Any information you find on this site should not be considered medical advice. All decisions should be made with the consent of your doctor, otherwise you are at your own risk.
art
Family Elder

Post by art »

Whoops - sorry Aaron. I just assumed Admin was you. Maybe I should make an admin account on MSNews to avoid the "art's page" feel...
Art Mellor Dx 2000
mrhodes40
Family Elder

Post by mrhodes40 »

I LOVE the boston cure website. Thanks for making all that effort. IT has been a constant in my life for years, and I have contributed from time to time there, though poor Art had to post for me because I had AOL disease and couldn't post! It makes a great compliment to this site in my opinion
Blessings
Marie
lyndacarol
Family Elder

Apology from me is in order

Post by lyndacarol »

Upon closer examination and more thought, I send you my apology, Art.

The description of the constituency, "Clinicians treating individuals with MS and researchers working on areas related to MS - We collect all the news and information on MS that we can. We make this information available in a single, easy-to-use forum called MSNews so that it is not difficult to keep up to date with what is happening in the world of MS." includes a group not represented at Thisisms, since most here admit to having no scientific background. I truly hope you draw that constituency so they can get a REAL sense of the frustration experienced by the affected!

And you are ABSOLUTELY right; more information is always "a good thing" (as Martha Stewart would say)!

I wish you the best of luck in your endeavor to end this MS and thus help me.
art
Family Elder

Post by art »

Thanks!
Art Mellor Dx 2000