Itchy skin while on Tysabri?

A board to discuss the newly-released drug Tysabri, (formerly known as Antegren) as a treatment for Multiple Sclerosis
Lainie
Family Member

Itchy skin while on Tysabri?

Post by Lainie »

Lately, I've been feeling really itchy all over. I see in the Patient Medication Insert for Tysabri that pruritus (itching) is one of the possible adverse reactions. Anyone else experiencing this?
Cagso
Getting to Know You...

Post by Cagso »

I have not personally experienced any side effects similar to yours, but I know someone that has had one infusion and the skin on her face has suddenly become extremely dry.
superman
Family Member

Post by superman »

Personnaly, I have not had any side effects.
But as well i am aware from a french MS website of a girl who had an allergic reaction for her infusion: her face was itching and became all red.
The nurses stopped then her infusion and she is now withdrawn from tysa treatment since Drs are a bit over worried when they are any side effects.
Lainie
Family Member

Post by Lainie »

Thanks for the input, everybody. For me, this has been not so much a reaction immediately after the infusion, but more of a general feeling that startetd a couple of weeks after my 2nd infusion. Fortunately, there's no rash or redness involved. This is one of those things that I think is hard to link to the Tysabri because it didn't start immediately after the infusion.