http://www.poison.org/current/dentalama ... ercury.htm
There just does not seem to be any conclusive evidence one way or the other, although logically it makes sense not to have amalgams or for that matter any exposure to mercury.
Several European countries including Sweden have banned the use of amalgams. It will be interesting to see the statistics 30-50 years from now in those countries to see if the rate of MS and other diseases falls noticeably/statistically.
FWIW, it is believed that MS was around prior to use of amalgams:
http://health.howstuffworks.com/disease ... rosis4.htm
The use of amalgams goes back to the 1800's:
The conclusion of this article: "The most puzzling thing about this 160 year old controversy is that it is still a controversy."
- Family Elder
- Posts: 2570
- Joined: Tue May 25, 2004 2:00 pm
- Location: London, ON, Canada
So how did you come to the conclusion that you had too much mercury in your system from the amalgam fillings?want2bike wrote:I had a urine test to check the mercury but it was within the limits so they never considered that to be a problem. I had hair analysis done and the mercury didn't seem to be a problem
So you "believe" it was root canals but you really didn't know. That leaves rather huge possibilities wouldn't you say?They never put a name on what I had but I believe it was the root canals.
And people come down with MS after suffering a trauma, come down with MS after being exposed to a virus, come down with MS after poor dieting for years. There are dozens and dozens of theories and guesses as to what causes MS so saying root canals cause MS is just another guess since people get MS who haven't had a root canal in their life...like my first wife!Root canals are really good at breeding bad bacteria. Bacteria cause disease. None of that is a problem for me anymore. I have heard stories of people having a root canal and then coming down with MS.
Or it could be no connection at all, simply coincidence.It is important to listen to your body. It you have a root canal and couple months later you have MS there could be a connection.
Me...I had 11 amalgams over 20-25 yrs, after a Hep B shot with thimerosal, 10 days later I had double vision in one eye and there came the MS diagnosis. It's now been 13 years and neuros wasted six years of those ignoring what I told them it was. Duh. It's one hell of a neuro toxin.
So...for an MS person reading this...it's mercury poisoning, then candida, then leaky gut and then balancing our system (adrenals, liver, etc.) to get permanently well.
Bio chelat worked and chlorella is amazing and also binds to gut mercury. Go slow. Massively increase your nutrition. And it will take years. It took years to poison us, it takes years to get well. Good luck.