I ordered these from nuts.com, an excellent source of quality nuts and other healthy foods and 'superfoods'. I have added a couple of very, very low saturated fat nut products to my diet, and prefer to consume only dry roasted nuts (all roasted nuts are roasted with oil which could add saturated fat, while dry roasting uses only low heat in the roasting process with zero added oils).
Some additional info from the seller's website:
Sacha inchi is touted by many as one of the world’s healthiest superfoods. Also known as Inca peanuts or Inca nuts, this dry roasted and unsalted snack is among the richest sources of omega fatty acids in the world. Sacha inchi seeds are also loaded with protein, fiber and antioxidants. Our sacha inchi from Peru is dry roasted to nutty, crunchy perfection - truly a superfood!
What is Sacha Inchi?
Grown in the Amazon Rainforest and the high Andes Mountains of Peru, sacha inchi has been part of the Inca diet for 3000 years. The sacha inchi plant, Plukenetia volubilis, is a rainforest vine, with star-shaped seed pods, meaning that these Inca peanuts are technically seeds, not nuts.
What Does Sacha Inchi Taste Like?
Our sacha inchi seeds have a unique, mild, nutty taste that many compare to that of a dark roasted peanut with a slight woody flavor. Try tossing it in a little olive oil and sea salt to create a great taste!
5 Surprising Health Benefits of Sacha Inchi
1) Weight Loss: As one of the richest sources of plant-based omega-3 fatty acids, sacha inchi nuts can help balance cortisol levels. When cortisol levels are controlled, food cravings and mood swings are reduced. In fact, medical personality Dr. Oz lists sacha inchi as one of his best snacks for weight loss.
2) Omega Fatty Acids: Medical studies have shown that sacha inchi's high concentration and proper balance of omega-3 and omega-6 fatty acids reduces the risk of heart disease, and its fats are largely monounsaturated and polyunsaturated.
3) Complete Protein: As a complete protein, inca peanuts contain every amino acid your body needs to function properly. Sacha inchi provides 9 grams of protein per serving!
4) Bone Health: Since sacha inchi is high in omega-3 fatty acids, it can support bone structure. Omega-3 fatty acids enhance bone mineral content by helping the body absorb calcium. Eating more foods rich in omega-3s can help protect your bones as you age.
5) Skin and Hair: Sacha inchi nuts provide nutrients that promote supple skin and silky hair. Omega-3 fatty acids support hydration and protect against inflammation, while the vitamin E found in sacha inchi prevents free radical damage that can harm your skin.
I have also discovered from the same seller, gooseberries. Interestingly, they are grown without pesticides or chemicals!
From the seller:
All-natural organic dried gooseberries are deliciously tart and so healthy. Grown without pesticides or chemicals, they are certified organic. These low-calorie dried gooseberries are bursting with health benefits. They're an excellent source of antioxidants, vitamins A & C, minerals, and B-complex vitamins. Enjoy them as a snack or in a trail mix for added tangy sweetness. These are also known as golden berries.
I didn't know about this product.
problem comes from the price (in France): 4 USD (3 euros) for only 50 g.
It's cheaper from your site, but shipping costs for us (Europe) are huge:(
This company is in Thailand. Perhaps they can assist you.
https://www.nathantrad.com/?gclid=Cj0KC ... 9KEALw_wcB
FWIW, this product is a great choice for vegetarians/vegans who need an excellent source of omega 3 fatty acids. Sacha Inchi is also grain free (so it is gluten free), easily digestible, and provides complete plant protein with all nine essential amino acids.
It also comes in powder form so it can easily be added to beverages/smoothies and other food items as well.
- Similar Topics
- Last post