ON or something else?

This is the place to ask questions if you have symptoms that suggest MS, but aren't yet diagnosed.
lizzyc87

ON or something else?

Post by lizzyc87 » Sat Oct 06, 2018 5:41 am

Hi everyone,

It seems like im in high alert for any new symptoms or changes in my body while I await my mri results that Im panicking over everything I think could be an MS symptoms. For those who have had Optic Neuritis, is a slightly swollen upper eyelid (not right by the lashes but more below the brow) is part of ON? i dont think so but all of a sudden yesterday I had this pain what it felt like on the back of my eye and hurt when i moved it up and it also hurt when i put an ice pad on top. vision is fine, took an iburofen and the pain got 95% better, but this morning i woke up and my upper eyelid is swollen. Has anyone experience a swollen eyelid as part of ON? or i should i stop panicking and attribute it to something else? thank you!

jimmylegs
Volunteer Moderator

Re: ON or something else?

Post by jimmylegs » Sat Oct 06, 2018 8:22 am

could it just be a stubborn sty?
https://www.who.int/news-room/q-a-detail/q-a-coronaviruses

take control of your own health.
pursue optimal self care, with or without a diagnosis.

lizzyc87

Post by lizzyc87 » Sat Oct 06, 2018 9:15 am

Hey thanks for replying. I don’t think so, a stye would be more localized and there is usually some type of bump, this the entire eyelid. Would a stye cause we socket pain as well? Anyone heard of a red swollen eyelid with ON or should I just put it as something else

jimmylegs
Volunteer Moderator

Post by jimmylegs » Sat Oct 06, 2018 10:02 am

last time an ophthalmologist looked he said he saw optic nerve damage. that was new i didn't have it when diagnosed. i've never felt it at all, in the eye or out. one person's xp is not really going to answer your question though!
https://www.who.int/news-room/q-a-detail/q-a-coronaviruses

take control of your own health.
pursue optimal self care, with or without a diagnosis.

NHE
Volunteer Moderator

Post by NHE » Sat Oct 06, 2018 6:47 pm

lizzyc87 wrote:Hey thanks for replying. I don’t think so, a stye would be more localized and there is usually some type of bump, this the entire eyelid. Would a stye cause we socket pain as well? Anyone heard of a red swollen eyelid with ON or should I just put it as something else
It sounds like you have a problem that needs to be addressed by a doctor.

To answer your question, when I had ON in one eye its outward appearance was not any different from the other eye. I kept looking in the mirror, but there was no difference.

lizzyc87

Post by lizzyc87 » Sun Oct 07, 2018 4:01 am

Thank you both! The swelling has gotten better although is not back to normal yet and I no longer have the pain in the eye socket. I will keep an eye on it and make sure to go to the dr if it doesn’t resolve completely in a couple of days. I am chalking it up to some type of allergic reaction or maybe a bug bite of some sorts in the meantime thanks for sharing your experience