putting HTML in posts doesn't always work

If you're having any problems with the site, please post here and a site administrator will respond.
notasperfectasyou
Family Elder

putting HTML in posts doesn't always work

Post by notasperfectasyou »

I have two links I tried to put in a post today and they don't work the post if titled:

Third Point: So what about this Antioxidant thing?

and it is in the Vitamin C forum: http://www.thisisms.com/modules.php?nam ... 4459#14459

I know the addresses are right because the do cut and paste to explorer just fine. can this be fixed? do I need to write the link differently? Thanks for checking, Ken/napay
It would be really nice to be able to put links in here

If I have included a bad link, google the word "Scholar", click link for "Google Scholar". Search for the name of the paper and author in Google Scholar.
Arron
Volunteer Moderator

Post by Arron »

fixed it... i think it's a bug in the forum software, quite frankly, but the two issues were that the URL's were too long and that there cannot be a space between the url= code and the link text. I edited the extraneous data out of the URLs and removed the spaces, and things work now.

Great posts, by the way :)
Disclaimer: Any information you find on this site should not be considered medical advice. All decisions should be made with the consent of your doctor, otherwise you are at your own risk.
notasperfectasyou
Family Elder

Thank You

Post by notasperfectasyou »

I really like this site and hope that I'm making a contribution. i do wish folks would reply with their own thoughts, I'm definitely wanting to improve the posts and put in more info. I don't want folks to just accept it without questioning it. ciao, napay
It would be really nice to be able to put links in here

If I have included a bad link, google the word "Scholar", click link for "Google Scholar". Search for the name of the paper and author in Google Scholar.
NHE
Volunteer Moderator

Re: Long URLs

Post by NHE »

Arron wrote:...the URL's were too long...
I've run into this problem before. I've used http://tinyurl.com in order to work around it.

NHE

Return to “Site Support”