Thanks to want2bike.
http://www.thisisms.com/forum/introduct ... 89-15.html
As we know the MS Diet suggests pwMS to eliminate gluten (wheat, grain, flour,etc), dairy products (milk, cheese,etc), legumes (as BBD diet said), and many other thing as artificial, synthetic n processed food with bad saturated fats. (if u can't eliminate it, at least reducing those food)Let me start by saying nothing is 100% but we should get the information and do what makes the most sense. Do not think it is ever too late to eat healthy.
If you believe in the Bible God put Adam and Eve in the garden and instructed them to eat the fruits and vegetables bearing seeds. Deuteronomy Chap 7 vs 11-15 God tells us if we obey his laws he will keep us free of disease.
When we put the chemicals and drugs in our bodies we are not following the diet God prescribe for us. That was his instructions to us if we want good health.
"Some believe it is just genetics and when you get disease it is just bad luck. I believe we earn disease by what we put in our bodies."
I like the story of Roger MacDougall. He followed the paleo diet for 4 years before he saw any results. Takes a lot of faith to believe you are following the right path but after 4 years he started to see the results. Wish there was a faster way to know but it all depends on how toxic you are and how quick your body can heal itself. We are all different. I know for a fact diet has worked for me. Hope you find something that will work for you.
Facts from the Bible :
1. Matthew 26:26 (While they were eating, Jesus took bread, and when he had given thanks, he broke it and gave it to his disciples, saying, “Take and eat; this is my body.”)
2. Exodus 29:2 (And from the finest wheat flour make round loaves without yeast, thick loaves without yeast and with olive oil mixed in, and thin loaves without yeast and brushed with olive oil.)
3. Exodus 3:8 (So I have come down to rescue them from the hand of the Egyptians and to bring them up out of that land into a good and spacious land, a land flowing with milk and honey—the home of the Canaanites, Hittites, Amorites, Perizzites, Hivites and Jebusites.)
4. Genesis 25:34 (Then Jacob gave Esau some bread and some lentil stew. He ate and drank, and then got up and left. So Esau despised his birthright.)
5. Leviticus 11:2-3 (“Say to the Israelites: ‘Of all the animals that live on land, these are the ones you may eat: 3 You may eat any animal that has a divided hoof and that chews the cud.)
6. Leviticus 7:25 (Anyone who eats the fat of an animal from which a food offering may be[a] presented to the Lord must be cut off from their people.)
7. Leviticus 6:12 (The fire on the altar must be kept burning; it must not go out. Every morning the priest is to add firewood and arrange the burnt offering on the fire and burn the fat of the fellowship offerings on it.)
8. Luke 24:41-43 (And while they still did not believe it because of joy and amazement, he asked them, “Do you have anything here to eat?” 42 They gave him a piece of broiled fish, 43 and he took it and ate it in their presence.)
9. Colossians 2:20-23 (Since you died with Christ to the elemental spiritual forces of this world, why, as though you still belonged to the world, do you submit to its rules: 21 “Do not handle! Do not taste! Do not touch!”? 22 These rules, which have to do with things that are all destined to perish with use, are based on merely human commands and teachings. 23 Such regulations indeed have an appearance of wisdom, with their self-imposed worship, their false humility and their harsh treatment of the body, but they lack any value in restraining sensual indulgence.)
10. 1 Corinthians 8:8 (But food does not bring us near to God; we are no worse if we do not eat, and no better if we do.)
11. Matthew 15:17-18 (“Don’t you see that whatever enters the mouth goes into the stomach and then out of the body? 18 But the things that come out of a person’s mouth come from the heart, and these defile them.)
12. Mark 7:18-19 (“Are you so dull?” he asked. “Don’t you see that nothing that enters a person from the outside can defile them? 19 For it doesn’t go into their heart but into their stomach, and then out of the body.” (In saying this, Jesus declared all foods clean.))
My thoughts :
God loves us n He provides us so many things (includes foods : vegetables, fruits, meats and many other things) so we (human) can enjoy them and not to be limited by say a strict diet. Even Jesus ate broiled (cooked) fish.
God doesn't give us illnesses/diseases, it happens because man had sinned so we born with weaknessess n defects.
I heard stories about pwMS who is unable to overcome their MS with diet, etc. All their efforts is useless. What God really wants is for us to depend on Him in what ever we do. Why not ask Him, what to do with our condition / our illness that we suffer now. Not depends on what doctors (people) say, coz they are just human too.
My experiences :
I began BBD diet since June 2011, i had exacerbation in mid Aug 2011, i didn't want to go to the hospital to get treated with steroid. I stayed with my diet coz i believed it'll help me. But it didn't, I got so worse then in Nov 2011, i got steroid n didn't have significant improvement. Again in March 2012, i got another steroid but didn't improve me significantly. Now, i regret my decision i was made that time, coz maybe the steroid was actually my help that God had provided me, not the diet that i was stubborned at. Maybe, it was too late for me to get the steroid, so the nerve cells had been so damaged beyond reparation.
Well, follow your heart, listen to your inner heart n what your body have to say. If diet is your way out then go a head. Don't believe in human, but only believe in God. Ask Him and He will lead u to a way out.