Help!-had weird episode

This is the place to ask questions if you have symptoms that suggest MS, but aren't yet diagnosed.
kzabethski
Getting to Know You...

Help!-had weird episode

Post by kzabethski »

I just had something very strange and scary happen to me this morning. I was sitting on my couch reading the news on my phone when my right eye began to ache bad (i may have ON still waiting), and the right side of my neck stiffened and hurt.. i started rubbing it, and got up to get some tylenol and get some things together when this god awful headache hit me in the right side of my head. I had to stop what i was doing, my ears began to ring, i got nauseous and sweaty as if i was going to pass out. I laid down for about a min, remembered i hadnt eaten yet this morning so i grabbed a granola bar and ate that. Laid back down thinking i was going to have a migraine or something, and maybe two min later everything literally disappeared...ringing, stiff neck, headache.all gone. Now i feel perfectly fine again as i did before it happened. What in the world!? The fact that everything went away as quickly as it came scares me... ive had vasovagel syncope before, but nothing with a headache or stiff neck...I am probably going to call the nurse so my dr can at least know it happened. Am i crazy or what?? :?
lyndacarol
Family Elder

Re: Help!-had weird episode

Post by lyndacarol »

kzabethski wrote:I just had something very strange and scary happen to me this morning. I was sitting on my couch reading the news on my phone when my right eye began to ache bad (i may have ON still waiting), and the right side of my neck stiffened and hurt.. i started rubbing it, and got up to get some tylenol and get some things together when this god awful headache hit me in the right side of my head. I had to stop what i was doing, my ears began to ring, i got nauseous and sweaty as if i was going to pass out. I laid down for about a min, remembered i hadnt eaten yet this morning so i grabbed a granola bar and ate that. Laid back down thinking i was going to have a migraine or something, and maybe two min later everything literally disappeared...ringing, stiff neck, headache.all gone. Now i feel perfectly fine again as i did before it happened. What in the world!? The fact that everything went away as quickly as it came scares me... ive had vasovagel syncope before, but nothing with a headache or stiff neck...I am probably going to call the nurse so my dr can at least know it happened. Am i crazy or what?? :?
You are not crazy, Kristin; you had a dramatic, frightening experience this morning! I encourage you to write down the symptoms and call or even write a note with this information to your doctor's office so that the happening can be documented in your records. I am sure he would want to know and possibly advise you of what to do in the future if it should happen again.
kzabethski
Getting to Know You...

Post by kzabethski »

Thank you. I called the nurse but had to leave a message. Have you ever had this sort of experience? I've never felt a headache like that before.
lyndacarol
Family Elder

Post by lyndacarol »

kzabethski wrote:Thank you. I called the nurse but had to leave a message. Have you ever had this sort of experience? I've never felt a headache like that before.
I have never had an experience such as yours; I have not had vision problems, optic neuritis, or headaches. I have not had ringing in the ears (tinnitus); my symptoms are mostly in the realm of sensory or muscular – tingling, prickling, feeling of constriction, numbness.

Many years ago when I experienced an exacerbation (a sudden onset of strong symptoms) I called my neurologist's office and was told I could not see him for eight weeks – when I told my internist, and he said that I shouldn't have to wait that long and encouraged me to find a new neurologist, which I did. If you do not feel you have satisfaction from the nurse or doctor, it may be time to find a new member for your medical team.
My hypothesis: excess insulin (hyperinsulinemia) plays a major role in MS, as developed in my initial post: http://www.thisisms.com/forum/general-discussion-f1/topic1878.html "Insulin – Could This Be the Key?"
DougL
Family Elder

Post by DougL »

kzabethski wrote: I laid down for about a min,...Laid back down thinking i was going to have a migraine or something, and maybe two min later everything literally disappeared...ringing, stiff neck, headache.all gone.
may be coicidence but i think laying down opens up your jugulars. pehaps that explains the quick/complete turn around.

have you been tested for CCSVI?
kzabethski
Getting to Know You...

Post by kzabethski »

No, this is all is very new to me. My symptoms became bad just two weeks ago. The nurse called me back and my dr is trying to include the brain into my eye/sinus Mri.

DougL wrote:
kzabethski wrote: I laid down for about a min,...Laid back down thinking i was going to have a migraine or something, and maybe two min later everything literally disappeared...ringing, stiff neck, headache.all gone.
may be coicidence but i think laying down opens up your jugulars. pehaps that explains the quick/complete turn around.

have you been tested for CCSVI?

Return to “Undiagnosed”