milks Kefir suitablity for MSers?

A board to discuss various diet-centered approaches to treating or controlling Multiple Sclerosis, e.g., the Swank Diet
zjac020
Family Elder

milks Kefir suitablity for MSers?

Post by zjac020 »

Hi all,

i cut out dairy as most diets recommend cutting out milk and its relatives for MS and because I tested as having high intolerance to all dairy in the IGg tests (I must say I have noticed better digestions). I've read kefir uses up lactose and "process" they proteins in milk including casein (I also had intolerance to that)....so I'm wondering, is it safe to include in the diet?

Let me know your opinions guys. thanks
LR1234
Family Elder

Re: milks Kefir suitablity for MSers?

Post by LR1234 »

I drink a little goats milk kefir, I also worry it might not be good for the MS but I'm just about to start growing water kefir instead which might be a better option for you too xx
tzootsi
Family Elder

Post by tzootsi »

If you want probiotics, why not do kombucha, which is a fermented tea - no dairy, tastes like tangy apple cider. Very easy to make at home, also can be purchased in some health food stores.

http://www.foodrenegade.com/kombucha-health-benefits/
zjac020
Family Elder

Post by zjac020 »

I've looked into the other kefirs and truth us water kefir seemed simpler (preparation wise) as far as I recall.

Which one of thw three has the highest number of friendly bacteria?

Thx
LR1234
Family Elder

Post by LR1234 »

I think the milk kefir has but people tend to drink more of the water one so get a lot more.
Eat some raw low heated unpasturised fermented veg like saurkraut (has to be from a special health store though not supermarket) take raw cider vinegar daily and I take a good probiotic called bio kult but I'm not sure if it's available in the uk only. (Contains lactobacillus plantarium ) which I've heard is good.

Return to “Diet”