Hope all is going relatively well with everyone. I recently hit my 40s but was in great shape and a clean bill of health, besides 2 patches of psoriasis, which used to be so mild, I didn't use medication. However, in the past 6 months, the psoriasis has been getting worse. Beyond that, I've have been experiencing odd issues and symptoms. I have no idea if I have MS, but after many doctor appointments and tests, my neurologist has ordered me a brain MRI to check for MS. Prior to all to this, I was extremely active, playing sports, working out, working in the yard, etc.
For a basic rundown of my symptoms, it started in the following order (some are on and off, others have persisted, and others have gone away):
- Right foot (more so inside of foot) tingling, mild enough for me not to go to the doctor
- Muscle knots and mild tightness/pain in small areas in upper back
- Migratory painful spots in random locations in my ribs/body/neck, right knee
- Stiff neck
- (Had a break of about 1 month where I had no symptoms)
- Muscle tightness in back/legs
- Muscle spasms and twitching in random areas. Some last for hours, others last for seconds
- Hands seem to be developing intention tremors, but sometimes they're so subtle, you can't see them. Sometimes I can see them. This symptom seems to be on and off.
- Slight right eye problems (slightly blurrier than the left eye), noticed a flash one time, and pain behind eye area, but this has seemed to subside. Not sure if this is a real issue or related because the blurry vision is only very slightly more blurry (with corrective lenses, left eye is 20/20, and right eye was 20/30 during this episode).
- Tingling much worse, and now partial numbness in some areas, but numbness doesn't last too long.
- Ears seem to feel full and once in a while, massive ringing occurs for several seconds, then goes away. Not sure if related.
- Shoulder pain and tightness - right side at first, then went away and now left side
- Phantom itching
Blood work has been 100% good - no issues found. The PCP, rheumatologist and neurologist have somewhat ruled out (based on exams and labs):
- Psoriatic arthritis
- Rheumatoid arthritis
- Myofascial pain syndrome (somewhat, but it could be a secondary illness)
- Viruses or bacterial infections
I have a few questions, if anyone can assist.
One of my more recent major problems is that I've had a few red nodules in my middle and lower back. I'm not quite sure that these are muscle knots, but they are painful to touch much of the time (the skin isn't painful, but more so whatever is underneath). I have found no relation to something like this and MS. My only thought, which is only a remote possibility, is that they're somehow muscle knots caused by the constant tightness in my back muscles. However, I have never read muscle knots to be red lumps. Has anyone encountered this type of issue with MS?
Also, my balance seems fine. I feel like I am losing a slight step, but my balance previously was excellent. However, I can still walk, balance on one leg and sprint without falling. It only seems that my balance becomes very slightly amiss if my tingling and leg muscle tightness are peaking. However, that's still not enough to throw me completely down, and I can still do everything without completely falling. My question is - is it possible to have minimum to no balance issues with MS?
Thanks again for your assistance and advice!
Back to the drawing board.
I'm glad you have something definitive that you can rule out.
It does sound like something related to shingles, but the presentation is a little off the usual.
- Similar Topics
- Last post