Padma basic

Tell us what you are using to treat your MS-- and how you are doing.
Jimpsull
Family Elder

Re: Padma basic

Post by Jimpsull »

On the PUFAs I am getting 7 grams of fish oil, 5.2 grams of evening primrose oil, and a couple ounces of walnuts daily. I also eat a lot of fish. I don't count everything but I think I'm well within swank diet guidelines. Certainly well under 15 g of daily saturated fat.

I am starting to research NUCCA chiropractic and CCVSI. I have been hit by cars twice on my bicycle and I have been rear-ended twice in car accidents.
jimmylegs
Volunteer Moderator

Post by jimmylegs »

I know your fatty acid intake is good. the link is a biochem fyi. would be interesting to see if you had a more consistent flush reaction if you were to get your low zinc issue resolved.

chiro and ccsvi treatment won't help with zinc status obviously, but they have their place in the grand scheme of things. my physio corrected my sacroiliac joint and some mid back stiffness to alleviate hip and neck pain i'd had for ages. big relief!
active members shape site content. if there is a problem, speak up!
use the report button to flag problematic post content to volunteer moderators' attention.
jimmylegs
Volunteer Moderator

Post by jimmylegs »

on the interconnections between PUFA and zinc status:

In chronic fatigue syndrome, the decreased levels of omega-3 poly-unsaturated fatty acids are related to lowered serum zinc and defects in T cell activation (2005)
http://nel.edu/26-2005_6_pdf/NEL260605A22_Maes.pdf

"...lowered serum zinc.. is significantly and positively related to ω3 PUFA levels and the ω3/ω6 ratio [3]. Since zinc is an important cofactor in the synthesis of the long-chain ω3 PUFAs, we have suggested that lowered zinc, which is a marker of inflammation in depression, is one of the causes of lowered EPA and DHA in that illness...

...we found significantly ... lower serum zinc in CFS (mean ± SD=71.7 ± 5.5 µg/dL) than in normal controls (86.0 ± 9.3 µg/dL) [JL: as distinct from 'healthy' or 'optimal' controls which would be more like 120 ug/dL]... we found a significant positive correlation between the ω3/ω6 ratio and serum zinc. These findings are in agreement with those of a previous report showing significant correlations between serum zinc and ω3 PUFAs in major depression [3]... zinc plays an important role in the desaturase enzymes, which are responsible for the conversion of the essential precursors to the longer chain PUFAs... "
active members shape site content. if there is a problem, speak up!
use the report button to flag problematic post content to volunteer moderators' attention.

Return to “Regimens”