Revitive TENS

Using exercise and physical therapy for recovery from the effects of MS, and for maintaining physical function.
NHE
Volunteer Moderator

Revitive TENS

Post by NHE »

Has anybody tried a Revitive TENS machine? It has two pads you put your feet on and then it stimulates your calf muscles to contract using a varying pattern of electrical pulses. It also has a pivoting option which allows the foot bed to rock back and forth with each muscle contraction.

https://us.revitive.com/
ElliotB
Family Elder

Re: Revitive TENS

Post by ElliotB »

Since the device is relatively inexpensive and comes with a 60-Day Money-Back Guarantee, it is something that anyone with leg/leg muscle/spasticity/leg circulation issues should at least try.

They have 'open box' lower priced units here:

https://us.revitive.com/advanced-open-b ... lsrc=aw.ds

There is also another similar product called Quell that also has a 60-Day Money-Back Guarantee.

https://www.quellrelief.com/?&utm_sourc ... gLdb_D_BwE

I did try the Quell product several years ago and it did not help me with my pain (nothing to do with leg pain or any other leg issues) so I returned it at the end of the trial period.

BUT more often than not, these devices DO work and since so many with MS have leg issues, it is a no-brainer to try Revitive! They are also having a pretty good sale now with father's day coming up.
CureOrBust
Family Elder

Post by CureOrBust »

Let me start by saying I am not a physical therapist. Plain directed physical exercise may be a simple alternative you can try at home right now. For example, I noticed I found it difficult to stand from a squatted position, so I started doing deep knee bends every day, and now its easier. I often try to notice what I am not good at and try to exercise that specific action.

I recently saw a story on the news about a hospital that was achieving amazing stroke patient recoveries by forcing the patients to exercise what was lost in the stroke. For example, people who lost a lot of use of their right hand, would exercise that hand, and even put an oven mitt on the other hand for a large part of the day, to force them to use the affected hand.
NHE
Volunteer Moderator

Post by NHE »

CureOrBust wrote: Tue Jun 18, 2019 11:58 pmI recently saw a story on the news about a hospital that was achieving amazing stroke patient recoveries by forcing the patients to exercise what was lost in the stroke. For example, people who lost a lot of use of their right hand, would exercise that hand, and even put an oven mitt on the other hand for a large part of the day, to force them to use the affected hand.
This along with similar techniques are discussed in Norman Doidge's book The Brain That Changes Itself.

viewtopic.php?p=35000#p35000

Return to “Exercise and Physical Therapy”