Jacek Kosteki

A forum to discuss Chronic Cerebrospinal Venous Insufficiency and its relationship to Multiple Sclerosis.
grammastang
Family Member

Jacek Kostecki

Post by grammastang »

Hi to All,
I have been in constant contact with Katherine for the past 3 weeks by e-mail. Have bank transferred the funds for accomodations, transfers, mri, ultrasound and consultation. My procedure is booked for Friday May 14th and will be paying for it by credit card. I had an ultrasound and mrv at False Creek Surgical Centre in Vancouver on March 2nd when Dr. Simka was here. I sent my scans to Dr. Kostecki and he said that they would have to do the mri again because they do it different. I told him whatever was necessary. The cost for these tests is a lot cheaper than what I paid in Vancouver. When I would send Dr. K an email, it would take a while before I received an answer so I figured that he was a very busy man. Just be a patient patient and if you have a confirmed date from Dr. K then you should be dealing with Katherine. So now I have to finish packing and I will be on my way to Poland tomorrow. So glad to hear the encouraging words about Dr. K and his team. Thank you Thank you :lol: :lol:
Michelle,
How are you doing? Do you have anything exciting to tell us post procedure? Haven't spoken to you for awhile.
I will post how things are going for me. "Viva Liberation"
Lynda
alanbrowne
Family Member

Re: Jacek Kostecki

Post by alanbrowne »

grammastang wrote:Hi to All,
I have been in constant contact with Katherine for the past 3 weeks by e-mail. Have bank transferred the funds for accomodations, transfers, mri, ultrasound and consultation. My procedure is booked for Friday May 14th and will be paying for it by credit card. I had an ultrasound and mrv at False Creek Surgical Centre in Vancouver on March 2nd when Dr. Simka was here. I sent my scans to Dr. Kostecki and he said that they would have to do the mri again because they do it different. I told him whatever was necessary. The cost for these tests is a lot cheaper than what I paid in Vancouver. When I would send Dr. K an email, it would take a while before I received an answer so I figured that he was a very busy man. Just be a patient patient and if you have a confirmed date from Dr. K then you should be dealing with Katherine. So now I have to finish packing and I will be on my way to Poland tomorrow. So glad to hear the encouraging words about Dr. K and his team. Thank you Thank you :lol: :lol:
Michelle,
How are you doing? Do you have anything exciting to tell us post procedure? Haven't spoken to you for awhile.
I will post how things are going for me. "Viva Liberation"
Lynda
Hi,
My procedure is also on the 14th :D
Are you staying at the Hotel Arena? We are flying from the UK on Monday, very excited now....
Alan
girl69
Family Member

Post by girl69 »

Hey Linda ! :D
I'm so happy that it's your turn ! YEYE ! You'll see, everything will go great ! I'm looking forward to hearing from you, post liberation !

I'm still not seing anything different, but I will start PT soon (with the stent I had to wait...) and hopefully then I will notice something... Que sera, sera :wink: But I will never regret having done the procedure, no matter what ! I mean, seriously, who wants to live with stenosed veins... duh!

Best of luck to you & Alan 2 ! "VIVA LIBERATION" :lol:
Michelle
grammastang
Family Member

Jacek Kostecki

Post by grammastang »

Hi Alan
Yes we are staying at Hotel Arena from Sat. May 8th - Tuesday May 18th. See you there !!
Lynda
AMcG
Family Elder

Post by AMcG »

Best of luck Lynda and Alan B! Bit of last minute advice. Don't order a glass of the best Brandy like I did to celebrate. Cost me £30! And take a laptop they don't have their own computer to use the internet.
alanbrowne
Family Member

Post by alanbrowne »

AMcG wrote:Best of luck Lynda and Alan B! Bit of last minute advice. Don't order a glass of the best Brandy like I did to celebrate. Cost me £30! And take a laptop they don't have their own computer to use the internet.
Alan,
Thanks for the tip :D
However, if I get the results I'm dreaming of, I think I'll try the Brandy !!
ndwannabe
Family Elder

Post by ndwannabe »

Billmeik wrote:so do you think they'll be ok if I say no stents? Just angio.I already have imaging and probably I dont need stents.

If they say they have to stent I'm a no-go.
I am vice versa! I am so afraid of re-stenosing, I am thinking about asking for stents! (listen to me - I did not even have a positive CCSVI diagnosis yet :roll: )
Billmeik
Family Elder

Post by Billmeik »

if your ms is bad your ccsvi will probably be bad

Im worried I'll go over there and they wont see mine. I want to send the pictures I got at false creek before Im a go.
mila77
Family Member

Post by mila77 »

Billmeik wrote:if your ms is bad your ccsvi will probably be bad
I dont agree with this statement. My MS is very mild in symptoms, I am 100% functional, no fatigue problems, no balance problems just mild relapses once a year, and I had my first onset 12 years ago yet my right jugular vein was so narrow that balooning didnt help and the vein collapsed again in the operating room so they had to insert a stent.
So dont worry Billmeik, even if your MS is mild you can still have CCSVI.
Billmeik
Family Elder

Post by Billmeik »

its kind of what they found out looking at 500 people for the buffalo study.

If you have bad ccsvi and mild ms get liberated! the way forward would probably be bad ms.
1_sindy
Family Member

Post by 1_sindy »

Hello everyone my husband and i are going to poland june 23 he has not been tested here in canada, can any one tell me do the nurses speak english we do not speak polish,we are realy excited and worried at the same time just looking for reassurances.I have read here on the sight for months and want to say thank you to all of the people here that have posted and helped others find Dr. willing to test and treat people.THANK YOU ALL VERY MUCH .
SINDY
1_sindy
Family Member

Post by 1_sindy »

O he is being see by Dr Jacek Kostecki in Tychach
thanks again Sindy
ndwannabe
Family Elder

Post by ndwannabe »

1_sindy wrote:Hello everyone my husband and i are going to poland june 23 he has not been tested here in canada, can any one tell me do the nurses speak english we do not speak polish,we are realy excited and worried at the same time just looking for reassurances.I have read here on the sight for months and want to say thank you to all of the people here that have posted and helped others find Dr. willing to test and treat people.THANK YOU ALL VERY MUCH .
SINDY
Sindy, closer to your scheduled date, Katherine (Kate) who is one of the Dr.K's staff, or rather liaison, will give you a call, she has a very good English (slight accent, but hey, when you speak more than one language, you are bound to have an accent one way or another).

Anyway, from what I understand, Doctor himself speaks English as well, but nurses don't. I'd say - study common phrases in Polish (the ones that you might need) such as "Where is the restroom?" or "We need painkillers", to take you through after the procedure.

Good luck.

I am going a month ahead of you and will try to post as detailed as possible.
1_sindy
Family Member

Post by 1_sindy »

Thank you for the advice, funny i have read so much here and now i know how to post finaly and we wish you the best of luck, where you tested all ready ? I have talked to Kate by skype she is wonderful and was very funny and help full.Now we just have to pay for the testing on monday as all the plands where made yesterday. we are excited.
Billmeik
Family Elder

Post by Billmeik »

I have june 8 but I have to figure out if Im going to fly all the way over there for a false negative in the imaging. Zamboni said mrv's are the worse in that new talk...

Return to “Chronic Cerebrospinal Venous Insufficiency (CCSVI)”