Plodding to Poland with Johnson...

A forum to discuss Chronic Cerebrospinal Venous Insufficiency and its relationship to Multiple Sclerosis.
Johnson
Family Elder

Post by Johnson »

Thanks all y'all,

Arrived in Katowice what seemed to be last night, but I am lost in time and space. The polar flight at this time of year means that it never got dark at all, so my circadian rhythm never had a chance to reset.

Arrived in Krakow expecting to be picked up, but nobody was there... Tried calling the clinic, no answer... Paid 400 zloty for a cab to Katowice - ripped off, but I was so brain-dead from the travel, cog-fog, etc. Marta called the hotel later and I spoke to her, she was very upset and worried. She said that she had been on the phone to the driver for three hours while he waited for the last flight. I think that what happened is that he was in the arrival hall, but we were a little delayed in getting out of the arrivals area, and he must have gone in a different entrance looking for me, while I was going out a different exit. Cluster-flup. I can't say what the lesson is until I find out exactly what he has to say when he picks me up at the hotel on Monday morning (with Skincoll and mtf). Perhaps I will speak to Marta, and suggest that we send a photograph of ourselves, and she send a photo of the driver to us - in the future. I saw no one with a sign, so have no idea what happened.

The rain has finally stopped here, and it was a beautiful evening last night, and a beautiful day today - probably 23 degrees Celsius, or so.

More reportage once my brain solidifies from its current sloshing state.

Colour me, Poised for the Procedure in Poland.

By the way, has anyone who has been here know where to get a decent espresso? (not at the hotel restaurant, it is insipid.)
My name is not really Johnson. MSed up since 1993
irishmum
Getting to Know You...

Post by irishmum »

Best wishes from ireland

Will say a prayer for you!

M
hwebb
Family Elder

good luck

Post by hwebb »

this is so exciting ...it's finally happening for you! Best wishes - hear from you soon :)

Helen
Rici
Family Elder

Post by Rici »

Johnson wrote:Thanks all y'all,

Arrived in Katowice what seemed to be last night, but I am lost in time and space. The polar flight at this time of year means that it never got dark at all, so my circadian rhythm never had a chance to reset.

Arrived in Krakow expecting to be picked up, but nobody was there... Tried calling the clinic, no answer... Paid 400 zloty for a cab to Katowice - ripped off, but I was so brain-dead from the travel, cog-fog, etc. Marta called the hotel later and I spoke to her, she was very upset and worried. She said that she had been on the phone to the driver for three hours while he waited for the last flight. I think that what happened is that he was in the arrival hall, but we were a little delayed in getting out of the arrivals area, and he must have gone in a different entrance looking for me, while I was going out a different exit. Cluster-flup. I can't say what the lesson is until I find out exactly what he has to say when he picks me up at the hotel on Monday morning (with Skincoll and mtf). Perhaps I will speak to Marta, and suggest that we send a photograph of ourselves, and she send a photo of the driver to us - in the future. I saw no one with a sign, so have no idea what happened.

The rain has finally stopped here, and it was a beautiful evening last night, and a beautiful day today - probably 23 degrees Celsius, or so.

By the way, has anyone who has been here know where to get a decent espresso? (not at the hotel restaurant, it is insipid.)
Sorry what you met in Poland. Good luck
Warm greetings
Rici
fiddler
Family Elder

Phone

Post by fiddler »

Sorry about the screw-up. Hope everything else goes well. Perhaps the Polish phone would have helped. Good luck on the rest of your stay.
...Ted
Dx SPMS in 2004.  Liberated 29/04/2010.
My blog: www.my-darn-ms.blogspot.com
Johnson
Family Elder

Post by Johnson »

Does anyone know FOR SURE whether you cand just plug a laptop in here in Poland with an adapter? The transformer for the laptop says input 100-240 Volts, output19v. It is a Fujitsu, about 8 years old. I am sure you can, but I am terrified of frying it. I am using a HI/LO converter, for hair dryers and such, but it is buzzing and hot. I want to plug it right into the wall (220 Volts)
Johnson
Family Elder

Post by Johnson »

and thanks again... Ted, Rici, Irishmum, et al.

Rici - please check your PMs
skincoll
Family Member

Post by skincoll »

Johnson wrote:Thanks all y'all,

Thanks for the update. I'm might send Marta a pic of me wearing what I'll be wearing when I get off the plane! I'm actually flying out Monday for 8th/9th exam/procedure, so won't be going with you on Monday morning. But hopefully see you at the hotel bar on Monday evening.
zinamaria
Family Elder

Post by zinamaria »

An espresso? Johnson you're going to have to come to Italy for the best one in town...wish I could help you out there...glad you made it safely...
zina
whyRwehere
Family Elder

Post by whyRwehere »

I'm feeling for you Johnson, about the messy arrival...at least you had a good flight over....Good Luck!!
berriesarenice
Family Member

Post by berriesarenice »

Johnson wrote:
Wishing you all the very best!! Great espresso at La Grotta...seriously, we went there at least once a day for a cup. I think the "white coffee" was our favorite... and they have decent pizza as well. 8-10 min walk, or a quick cab ride.
PCakes
Family Elder

Post by PCakes »

hey 'not'... sorry 'bout the cab..always say every trip has a hiccup, now yours is behind you..smooth sailing ahead.. hope you find your daily vasoconstrictor.. have yet to and doubt i wil ever give that one up ;)..the transformer is okay for the 220v..internal voltage sensing/ratio adjustment..make sure the wire has the same dual rating.. the hi/lo might be humming out of confusion ..xformer feeding an xformer...110-240v 50/60hz.. covers most of the planet.. blah de blah..
flyers are out!
loads of good energy coming your way !!!
Guider
Family Member

Post by Guider »

To 'not Johnson' in BC. from Guider in Newfoundland. Congratulations! And many prayers and best wishes. Just joined this forum and already feel in touch with so many that I have been following this week :D Come back and spread the word about your great results to EVERYONE you can in this country. :!: :!: :!:
Mutley
Family Elder

Post by Mutley »

Hey Johnson,

Yup, your laptop PSU will be fine if you plug it straight into the wall without the Hi-Lo - I promise.

If you are at the Qubus then there is a coffee shop in the mall next door (ground floor), but I don't know if it's any good.

Best wishes!
Mutley goes to Poland 1st symptom was Optic Neuritis in 1998, DX RRMS Jan 2001, DX SPMS 2007. Last EDSS by doctor 7.5
Zeureka
Family Elder

Post by Zeureka »

berriesarenice wrote:
Johnson wrote:
Wishing you all the very best!! Great espresso at La Grotta...seriously, we went there at least once a day for a cup. I think the "white coffee" was our favorite... and they have decent pizza as well. 8-10 min walk, or a quick cab ride.
The Italian Restaurant (think sthg named with Toscana) first floor in the commercial centre just next to Qubus is also very nice. I don't remember if had an espresso there, but the food was excellent from quality, quantity and how presented! The waiters (probably also owner) not at all Italian, but maybe that also makes the difference :)

Wish you in bocca al lupo (all the best and good luck!) for your procedure!

Return to “Chronic Cerebrospinal Venous Insufficiency (CCSVI)”