CCSVI in Bulgaria

A forum to discuss Chronic Cerebrospinal Venous Insufficiency and its relationship to Multiple Sclerosis.
ales
Family Member

Post by ales »

Hi Anya,
Thanks for the update. leave on Sunday so I'm on the edge of my seat waiting for updates. When you say that it only lasted a little bit, do you mean the relief from the tingling in your husbands hand? I am pulling for you both.
markdoc

Post by markdoc »

Hello folks. I leave on July 25th, arrive on the 26th for the 27th testing etc. There are a lot of us on the 27th; I think due to August shutdown? holidays? not sure but like the rest of you looking forward to the possibilities. I'm from Regina.
Koko
Family Member

Post by Koko »

Hi Anya

That's great your husband's been liberated now! I hope he has some good results soon! Best of luck!

Koko
Villagemaid
Family Elder

Post by Villagemaid »

I leave from Kelowna, BC, Canada for Bulgaria on September 5th....arrive on the 7th....and I am scheduled for the 8th. I'll be staying at the Tokuda Hospital-Hostel....was maybe going to do the last two days before I leave (on the 15th) at the best Western as I can get gift cards with my Airmiles!

Anyone have a date for around September 8th?
35 (f) dx'd since July 2000 RRMS
Treated in Bulgaria on September 8 2010
80 percent narrowed RJV and 90 percent narrowed Azygos
devine
Family Member

Post by devine »

Hi Anya,

I`m glad to here that all went well for your husband and it will only get better with days to come!

Livabird,

I will probably be seeing you at the hospital and good luck with your procedure too!

Another call out for anybody who had stents put in... can you please update us about anything on them as per procedure if you feel it etc etc.. I believe I will be getting stents put in come this October as it is my 2nd visit and was suggested on my first operation to have the stents put in...

Thanks to you all...
RobSandra
Family Member

Post by RobSandra »

markdoc wrote:Hello folks. I leave on July 25th, arrive on the 26th for the 27th testing etc. There are a lot of us on the 27th; I think due to August shutdown? holidays? not sure but like the rest of you looking forward to the possibilities. I'm from Regina.
Like you, we are also scheduled the 27th and also from Regina. See you there!
Kar
Getting to Know You...

27th busy day and stent info

Post by Kar »

We leave Vancouver next Wednesday, fly to Amsterdam for a few days and then into Sophia on the 25th for procedure on the 27th. Looking forward to meeting you Markdoc and RobSandra. Thank you, Anya - that was a very clear description of your husband's procedure; the more we know the less stressful it will be. Best wishes to him as he recovers.
The concern about nickel/titanium alloy stents and those who have an allergy/intolerance to nickel has been raised here before. A family friend who works at the local hospital checked with 3 cardiologists yesterday. The first two said "we don't usually ask if they are allergic, but if you are, you should ask for a different metal". The 3rd doctor, an interventional cardiologist said "the risk for someone with a nickel allergy is a four to ten times further risk of restenosis if using a nickel stent. He said ask for nickel free or coated stents meant for people with allergies". I then found a study (Oct. 2005) in the international journal of cardiology that concludes "metal allergy is frequently observed in patients with recurrence of in-stent restenosis. This is a concern for me - thought I'd share.
Kar
Anya
Getting to Know You...

Post by Anya »

Hi Ales,

Yes, I meant that the relief from the tingling in left hand lasted for a short time. What time will you be arriving in Sofia on Monday?
Vhoenecke
Family Elder

Post by Vhoenecke »

I have 5 friends there now and they are all really happy with their decision to go to Sofia. They are giving rave reviews about the doctors there. It is a top-notch hospital. I will tell them to post here when they get home.

Val
livabird
Family Elder

Post by livabird »

Devine i have a stent. I
There was a little pain for a couple of days i just took something like tylenol to relieve it. After about a week i didn't even notice it was there. Nearly 3 months now i wouldn't know i had one. You stop noticing it very quickly it becomes part of the vein wall hence part of your body.

Liva
ales
Family Member

Post by ales »

Hi Anya,
Our plane is scheduled to land at 1 p.m. in Sofia on Monday. Hope the positive results continue to pile up for your husband. Please continue to let us all know. Anything you want from home????
devine
Family Member

Post by devine »

livabird wrote:Devine i have a stent. I
There was a little pain for a couple of days i just took something like tylenol to relieve it. After about a week i didn't even notice it was there. Nearly 3 months now i wouldn't know i had one. You stop noticing it very quickly it becomes part of the vein wall hence part of your body.

Liva
thank you Livabird, do you know if there are any chances of this moving after it's been placed? do you have to take any different kinds of meds or additional meds since your putting an unforeign object into your body? are they any warnings that your need to look for if something would be going wrong as per rejecting the foreign object in your body? Sorry for all the questions... Also do you see any difference from your operation? and do you think the stent has really helped you?

Thank you,
Donna
livabird
Family Elder

Post by livabird »

I think i took an antirejection drug for a few months. After about a month the stent becomes part of the vein wall. it can't move. i had all your worries but it really is fine venous stents have actually been around for years. Just not used for CCSVI procedure i guess why you are worried is the problems with dr. dake he used arterial stents arteries and veins are not the same. You really have nothing to worry about.

Liva
Algis
Family Elder

Post by Algis »

I believe migrating is a really unlikely and unfortunate situation ; more concern about the stent getting clod before being integrate to the vein wall, or something like that :D Sorry am foggy
livabird
Family Elder

Post by livabird »

Yes Algis until it is fully part of wall a clot can form. hopefully i don't have that. I believe i am going to best place though.

liva