LEO's ???

If it's on your mind and it has to do with multiple sclerosis in any way, post it here.
Bubba
Family Elder

LEO's ???

Post by Bubba »

Is there anyone on this form who is currently in Law Enforcement or was a former LEO? I believe my time on the job is short. I am quickly becomming unable to do my annual physical fitness test. My brain and my legs/feet dont work together anymore as a team and going over a six foot wall is all but impossible for me. I dont know what to do? Good paying job, sh!tty economy. :(
w/m 44
The problem comes with the decision of weighing the unknown with the unknown.
Loobie
Family Elder

Post by Loobie »

Dude,
I know you've been anticipating this for a while. I hope to God you get through it dude, prayers your way for sure.
Bubba
Family Elder

Post by Bubba »

Thanks Lew. I just left reading your blog for some inspiration. Everyday is a struggle now, this sucks!
w/m 44
Loobie
Family Elder

Post by Loobie »

Amen bro', I just retired!
LoveActually
Family Elder

Post by LoveActually »

I clicked on this thinking you were talking about the astrological sign Leo. I'm a Leo but not a LEO. But since I'm here, I surely do wish you the best.

Is taking a desk job an option? Dispatching? I know it's not the same and probably won't pay as much but it's something. And it'll definitely give your body a break, and probably your mind.
October 29, 2009 - Dx with RRMS
June 22, 2010 - Dx's changed to Devic's (NMO)
January 4, 2011 - Dx w/Syringomyelia T4-T9, Migraines, and Possible MS (again - long story)
Bubba
Family Elder

Post by Bubba »

LoveActually wrote:
Is taking a desk job an option? Dispatching? I know it's not the same and probably won't pay as much but it's something. And it'll definitely give your body a break, and probably your mind.
Unfortunaately that may be an option. About a 14.00 an hour pay cut, and instead of retireing in 4 more years it will push me to have to do 9 more years.. Another problem is my pride, I love my job. Sucks.
w/m 44
AJWANTSACURE
Family Member

Post by AJWANTSACURE »

Bubba - ive been an LEO for 11 yrs. my MS started in 2005 with hand tremors. ive been riding a desk for 4 yrs now. i cant wear my uniiform or carry my sidearm. my legs are nnow the same as you. try and get IVIG. i feel ur frustration andd pain. email me for suppport or to talk.

BE SAFE
AJ
<strong>STAY IN THE FIGHT TO FIND A CURE FOR MS</strong>

Return to “General Discussion”