CCSVI and CCVBP

A forum to discuss Chronic Cerebrospinal Venous Insufficiency and its relationship to Multiple Sclerosis.
silverbirch
Family Elder

Post by silverbirch »

Hey Dr Flanagan how you doing & I hope you are keeping well yourself?

Oh I’m so the “twisted sister” - Dr Heidi is going to KILL me this Friday!!!

I had a massages at the MS centre … at the time I thought it was painful but I braved it out my fault I should have said ….

Symptoms similar to that of sciatic nerve problems plus my lower back finding it difficult getting up & down no pain whilst resting but my three toes on my right foot slightly numb. Pressure was put on my right buttock and right shoulder it felt painful at the time but good if that makes any sense. My massage was a cross between Swedish & sports massage that’s what the nice guy said.

Hey but my neck still has not cracked but I was starting to get a little pain on the right side of my upper body , a little adjustment from Dr Heidi would have fixed it in my defence that’s why I had the massage!!!

I should have just brought Dr Heidi appointment forward instead she would never have minded she's a lovely person
civickiller
Family Elder

Post by civickiller »

uprightdoc wrote: Do you have a brain scan?
do you mean an MRI? I do but not on disc where I can upload them. I don't know if it matters but my chin was raised as my body was lower were I had to raise my chin so I think that's what gave me that backward bend in my neck but my standing posture as far as I remember has always been my chest sticking out like I was bigger. My friends thought I was always trying to act big by popping out my chest. I don't know if that means anything
LadyGazelle
Family Member

Dr. A's assistant it is!

Post by LadyGazelle »

I called Dr. Adamczuk's office and asked how soon I could see her assistant as opposed to waiting until May to see her, and I got two appointments next week! The appointments will be 1-1/2 hours long.

Tuesday 1/18 I will consult with Doctor Weidman and discuss my history. Then X-rays will be taken for a total cost of $210.

Thursday 1/20 I will have my first adjustment and two X-rays for $165, but if three are required it will be $210 again.

The follow-up adjustment is $42 one week later and as often as necessary for the same cost.

I decided to go ahead with Dr W. because Dr. Adamczuk would more than likely be available for consultation and hopefully they will understand my concerns with CCSVI and the vertebral compression of my internal jugular vein.

:?: What kind of exam would I need to SEE if the vein is no longer being constricted by the vertebral compression? Or can Dr. W. tell on the X-ray if the vertebra would be moved away from the internal jugular vein after his treatment?

(My PCP said possibly CT angiography and my neurologist said an MRA.) I think that MRA should be MRV of the "veins", but not sure anyone would comply with my request after seeing a chiropractor against their wishes! Well, TOO BAD! They have not scheduled anything for me!

Thank you for your support in my journey to wellness. By the way, the video of me walking and standing at my website will show how bad I need chiropractic work. www.ccsvi-ms.blogspot.com

I'll update my PRE-LIB video after I see Dr. Weidman with a "POST Chiro" video to show my posture improved! Someone should invent a device that will shock you when your head is forward too far when their mother isn't around anymore to say, "Stand up straight!"

Lady Gazelle :lol:
civickiller
Family Elder

Post by civickiller »

i hope this has been mentioned before

i was watching on vaware.com the round table meeting in albany more importantly Dr Dake and Dr Haackes speeches.

Dr. Dake showed a few pictures of some ccsvi in patiences where the jugular veins had stenosis. just so happens the stenosis was right at the atlas level, but not all ms patiences unfortunately where at the atlas level. and the veins looked like it was getting pinched on the atlas side.

Dr. Haacke showed a table in his speech of 38 patience, 8 had vein pinching. where was it getting pinched, i dont know but what if it was at the atlas

I think Dr Dakes speech was the more important one

Do these Dr's know about upper cervical care? 8 of 38, thats 20% assuming all the pinching was at the atlas. 1 in 5 might just need to get their atlas realigned and maybe no liberation is needed for them

My question is, has every ms patient who got upper cervical care felt improvements? or just some?
uprightdoc
Family Elder

Post by uprightdoc »

sara-sama wrote: I wonder if wearing (high heels) constantly, or the dangerous games, may causing damage in the head, neck, spine, and that may affect the ischemic brain?
Hello Sara-sama,
High heels are a problem but nearly as bad as what you call "dangerous games." Injuries to the head and neck can affect the vertebral arteries and blood supply to the brain.
uprightdoc
Family Elder

Re: Dr. A's assistant it is!

Post by uprightdoc »

LadyGazelle wrote:I called Dr. Adamczuk's office and asked how soon I could see her assistant as opposed to waiting until May to see her, and I got two appointments next week! The appointments will be 1-1/2 hours long.

I decided to go ahead with Dr W. because Dr. Adamczuk would more than likely be available for consultation and hopefully they will understand my concerns with CCSVI and the vertebral compression of my internal jugular vein.

:?: What kind of exam would I need to SEE if the vein is no longer being constricted by the vertebral compression? Or can Dr. W. tell on the X-ray if the vertebra would be moved away from the internal jugular vein after his treatment?
We are on the same page. If you don't see significant improvement in correction, signs or symptoms I am sure the doctor will call in Dr. Adamczuk.

You can't determine the status of the vein from an from an x-ray. Personally, I think you should get follow-up cervical and transcranial doppler and ultrasound scans as they are the least invasive and less expensive. Ideally, I believe cases such as your should follow Dr. Haake's protocols as well as baseline and follow-up studies.
uprightdoc
Family Elder

Post by uprightdoc »

civickiller wrote:Dr. Dake showed a few pictures of some ccsvi in patiences where the jugular veins had stenosis. just so happens the stenosis was right at the atlas level, but not all ms patiences unfortunately where at the atlas level. and the veins looked like it was getting pinched on the atlas side.

Dr. Haacke showed a table in his speech of 38 patience, 8 had vein pinching. where was it getting pinched, i dont know but what if it was at the atlas

Do these Dr's know about upper cervical care? 8 of 38, thats 20% assuming all the pinching was at the atlas. 1 in 5 might just need to get their atlas realigned and maybe no liberation is needed for them

My question is, has every ms patient who got upper cervical care felt improvements? or just some?
No. Medial doctors know very little about chiropractic care and even less about upper cervial care, which has been around for over seventy years now.

My simple superficial cursory retrospective case study of patients who contacted me shows that about 1/3 of the cases were related to scoliosis and curvature problems in the spine. Another 1/3 were related to trauma and 1/3 were related to ischemia more similar to migraines.

As I have said many time. No one has all the answers but we are getting to close to solving the mystery of MS. It would be beneficial to patients if the medical doctors and chiropractors stopped fighting and started working together to co-manage neurodegenerative diseases such as MS. The technology is here now to asses the efficacy vacular and chiropractic intervention.
uprightdoc
Family Elder

Post by uprightdoc »

silverbirch wrote:

Symptoms similar to that of sciatic nerve problems plus my lower back finding it difficult getting up & down no pain whilst resting but my three toes on my right foot slightly numb. Pressure was put on my right buttock and right shoulder it felt painful at the time but good if that makes any sense. My massage was a cross between Swedish & sports massage that’s what the nice guy said.
Hello twisted sister. Nice to hear from you. I am sure Dr. Heidi will be able to restore you back to Silverbirch.
Nasti
Family Elder

Post by Nasti »

Dear doc,

I have one question and I need your experience with this.
After the initial post CCsvi period of 5 months which was very good, I am down with relapses again.
My normal blood pressure is 110/70. If it goes up to 120/80 i have a shortness of breath, if it goes below, e.g. 100/60 I feel dizzy. My question is whether the bp is connected to ms. I once posted this and found that it is not, but I am not convinced.
I feel even the slightest variations of my bp. I felt them as "tragically" before CCSVI and now (not for the 5 mos post surgical period). What do you think of this?
Thanx
nasti
silverbirch
Family Elder

Post by silverbirch »

uprightdoc wrote:
silverbirch wrote:

Hello twisted sister. Nice to hear from you. I am sure Dr. Heidi will be able to restore you back to Silverbirch.
Hope she does although pain is now getting better....

I was glad to see your posting in Dr Scalfani new thread

Ive just had my 7 month scan following my ccsvi procedure 7 months ago LIJ balloned .
A point the Dr made I had In the upper third of the right internal jugular vein there is Extrinsic Indentation from the adjacent common carotid Artery Bifurcation !!. The flow velocities in the internal jugular are normal limits. I understood this one is leaning on the other possible a design fault!!! can upper cervical correction help with this problem ?
uprightdoc
Family Elder

Post by uprightdoc »

Nasti wrote:I have one question and I need your experience with this.
After the initial post CCsvi period of 5 months which was very good, I am down with relapses again.
My normal blood pressure is 110/70. If it goes up to 120/80 i have a shortness of breath, if it goes below, e.g. 100/60 I feel dizzy. My question is whether the bp is connected to ms. I once posted this and found that it is not, but I am not convinced.
I feel even the slightest variations of my bp. I felt them as "tragically" before CCSVI and now (not for the 5 mos post surgical period). What do you think of this?
Hello Nasti,
Brain blood flow and pressure is regulated by what is called the neurovascular myogenic autoregulatory reflex mechanism. You have baroreceptors (pressure detectors) in the carotid sinuses and the cavernous and suboccipital cavernous sinuses, which are at the entrance points of circulation to the brain. There are chemoreceptors for determining CO2 and O2 levels as well. Upper cervical misalignments can affect blood flow and pressure as well as its regulation. A preliminary NUCCA study showed a reduction in BP of 15 plus points with upper cervical intervention. I agree with you. The BP is mostly likely connected to your condition.
uprightdoc
Family Elder

Post by uprightdoc »

silverbirch wrote:
uprightdoc wrote:
silverbirch wrote:
A point the Dr made I had In the upper third of the right internal jugular vein there is Extrinsic Indentation from the adjacent common carotid Artery Bifurcation !!. The flow velocities in the internal jugular are normal limits. I understood this one is leaning on the other possible a design fault!!! can upper cervical correction help with this problem ?
The blood vessels follow the curves of the spine. Curvatures of the spine and head tilts cause compression of the blood vessels. Scoliosis has been shown to cause functional stenosis. Compression occurs on the inside concavity of the curvature and tension occurs on the outside convexity of the curvature. The jugulars tend to collapse with upright posture due to an increase in flow and reduction in pressure. Curvatures and muscle contraction can further contribute to the stenosis by compression.
Nasti
Family Elder

Post by Nasti »

Thanx doc, I appreciate it.
blossom
Family Elder

ccsvi

Post by blossom »

dr. flanagan, it is great to see you posting on dr. sclafani's thread! your input and knowledge is always appreciated by myself and many others.
SaintLouis
Family Elder

Post by SaintLouis »

Thank you for the local suggestions!