CCSVI and CCVBP

A forum to discuss Chronic Cerebrospinal Venous Insufficiency and its relationship to Multiple Sclerosis.
HappyPoet
Family Elder

Post by HappyPoet »

uprightdoc wrote:It would be beneficial to patients if the medical doctors and chiropractors stopped fighting and started working together to co-manage neurodegenerative diseases such as MS. The technology is here now to asses the efficacy vacular and chiropractic intervention.
I wholeheartedly agree.
MrSuccess
Family Elder

Post by MrSuccess »

I would like to add Neurologists to this list .

I read your posts with great interest Dr. Flanagan .

You present us with amazing information .

I think you are closer to solving / understanding the MS - CCSVI puzzle than people realize.

keep up the good work

Mr. Success
sara-sama
Family Member

Post by sara-sama »

uprightdoc wrote:
sara-sama wrote: I wonder if wearing (high heels) constantly, or the dangerous games, may causing damage in the head, neck, spine, and that may affect the ischemic brain?
Hello Sara-sama,
High heels are a problem but nearly as bad as what you call "dangerous games." Injuries to the head and neck can affect the vertebral arteries and blood supply to the brain.

Thanks Dr.Flanagan,
I mean those games are in (amusement park), as in the following images
Is it really dangerous and should be avoid them .. What is your advice?

uprightdoc
Family Elder

Post by uprightdoc »

Thank-you Poet and MrSuccess.

Sara-sama,
Amusement parks rides have been associated with whiplash trauma If you have MS it would be wise to avoid these types of rides.
David1949
Family Elder

Post by David1949 »

I was using the snow thrower on the driveway last Wednesday when I felt a sharp pain in the lower back, just above the left hip. Then my left leg went numb and became very weak. I finished the drive and went inside. Things got worse from there. I don't usually need a cane to get around but I do now.

I had a regularly scheduled appointment with my chiro for later that day. He made an adjustment but it didn't help. Thursday I saw my family doctor. He said it was a common problem for snow shoveling geezers. (Well he didn't use those words. He was very polite.) Anyway he prescribed some pills; Methylprednisolone and Carisolprodol. He said to come back Monday if it did not improve. He also said to put ice on it. Ice helps temporarily. But its Saturday evening and overall there is no change yet.

So what happened to me?
uprightdoc
Family Elder

Post by uprightdoc »

David1949 wrote:I was using the snow thrower on the driveway last Wednesday when I felt a sharp pain in the lower back, just above the left hip. Then my left leg went numb and became very weak. I finished the drive and went inside. Things got worse from there. I don't usually need a cane to get around but I do now.

I had a regularly scheduled appointment with my chiro for later that day. He made an adjustment but it didn't help. Thursday I saw my family doctor. He said it was a common problem for snow shoveling geezers. (Well he didn't use those words. He was very polite.) Anyway he prescribed some pills; Methylprednisolone and Carisolprodol. He said to come back Monday if it did not improve. He also said to put ice on it. Ice helps temporarily. But its Saturday evening and overall there is no change yet.

So what happened to me?
Hello David,
What happened to you is called a sacroilliac or lumbopelvic strain and sprain. They can be very disabling and over many years they can cause many problems. The good news is that it has nothing to do with MS but it can certainly aggravate the condition. The bad news is that upper cervical doctors don't examine or treat low back strains and sprains.

If it is a mild strain and sprain it will probably go away in a couple of days on its own. Just go easy on using your low back until it heals. Strains and sprains like twisted ankles take 6-8 weeks to heal. But there should be steady progress. Sit in firmer chairs with more support rather than soft couches. When you get into a car put your butt in first then your legs one at a time. When you get out do the reverse. Get both legs out first and on the ground before you exit the car. A cane is helpful as it takes the strain of the leg off of the low back and pelvis.
If it doesn't go away it can be fixed easily enough. So keep an eye on it and keep me posted.
silverbirch
Family Elder

Post by silverbirch »

Hi Dr Flanagan
These are the images Dr Heidi took of my neck .
Haveing had ccsvi on my left IJ ballooning my recent check up right inernnal jug vein there is extrinsic indentation from adjacent common carotid artery bifurcation
I have a mottled rash on that side under my ear when Dr heidi
Manipulated the rash was not as vibriant but upon inspection under the skin

Regards
Twisted Sister
David1949
Family Elder

Post by David1949 »

Dr. Flanagan

Thank you for the advice.

David
civickiller
Family Elder

Post by civickiller »

i currently take 3mg Low Dose Naltrexone. one thing ive noticed is that, if i go see the chiro to get adjusted and i dont take my LDN that night, i dont feel an improvement. even if i forget to take it 3 days after, ill stop feeling better.
the LDN and UCC go hand in hand for me, i dont feel an improvement with either one by itself
uprightdoc
Family Elder

Post by uprightdoc »

civickiller wrote:i currently take 3mg Low Dose Naltrexone. one thing ive noticed is that, if i go see the chiro to get adjusted and i dont take my LDN that night, i dont feel an improvement. even if i forget to take it 3 days after, ill stop feeling better.
the LDN and UCC go hand in hand for me, i dont feel an improvement with either one by itself
Hello Civickiller,
That's very interesting. Refresh my memory so I don't have to go back through the posts. What are your symptoms?
civickiller
Family Elder

Post by civickiller »

heat sensitivity, fatigue, balance, brain fog, weakness right arm and leg, headaches. those are the main ones. the way i tell if my adjustment is working is with my right leg. taking steps, its working. swinging leg, not working
uprightdoc
Family Elder

Post by uprightdoc »

frodo wrote:Hello uprightdoc.

I want just to point out that Dr. Sclafani has just opened a new thread just for doctors:

"DrSclafani dialogues and debates with other Doctors"

I think that maybe you could be interested in interchange your experience with CCSVI there.
Frodo,
Thanks again for the information but it appears Dr. Scalfani may have misrepresented his intentions about having a dialogue or debate on different points of view as stated.

To spare readers as well as my personal time, I will turn the dilogue and debate about the jugular veins back to the vascular docs. Perhaps we can have a discussion or debate that includes the vertebral veins another time.
NZer1
Family Elder

Post by NZer1 »

uprightdoc wrote:
frodo wrote:Hello uprightdoc.

I want just to point out that Dr. Sclafani has just opened a new thread just for doctors:

"DrSclafani dialogues and debates with other Doctors"

I think that maybe you could be interested in interchange your experience with CCSVI there.
Frodo,
Thanks again for the information but it appears Dr. Scalfani may have misrepresented his intentions about having a dialogue or debate on different points of view as stated.

To spare readers as well as my personal time, I will turn the dilogue and debate about the jugular veins back to the vascular docs. Perhaps we can have a discussion or debate that includes the vertebral veins another time.
Please don't loose sight of the goal Dr.
Your points have as always, been on the mark, the time will be right for this debate soon.
The learning from your comments may happen, what you resist will persist. Letting it go for the subconscious to work on what you have said may be what will open minds to the reality of what you have to offer.
Hopefully the last comment you made will make others think about the big picture, not just the frame they are in!
Enjoy your day,
Regards Nigel
coach
Family Elder

Post by coach »

Hi Dr. Flanagan,
I've had 4 visits with Dr. Lee in Macon. I think it's a little early to realize any benefits just yet. Other than the heat intolerance, headaches,slurred speech, and fatigue my MS never followed a RR course which makes me think it very well could have been due to problems with the spine and atlas because I have major balance problems which did not improve with the angio and stents. Hoping my daughter will be able to see Dr. Lee. She had a major migraine the other day. Kind of hoping she may be able to head this ms thing off at the pass. Hope you will still be so kind as to entertain our questions as they arise. Trying to limit my time on here since I have some work to finish up. But like to check in occasionally.
blossom
Family Elder

ccsvi

Post by blossom »

dr. flanagan, i can respect whatever choices "you" make. it makes me sad and disappointed. i was hoping for more-especially since the ir's have experienced discrimination themselves from other medical fields and their voices ignored concerning their roll in the ms puzzle.

anyway, thank you for responding and discussing my spinal problems to my chiro. craig weimer. since he is one on one with me and communicating with you i feel i have the best of both worlds.although the picture isn't too pretty i'm hoping that since i may finally be on the right track and right treatments some can be salvaged in my mangled looking spine. i will be keeping you posted.