Insurance gave me tHe final no for Burt trial.

Discuss stem cells, adult and embryonic, and their therapeutic potential for MS here.
shucks
Family Elder

Insurance gave me tHe final no for Burt trial.

Post by shucks »

So I got my final no from bcbssc on dr Burt's trial. I have pulled out all of the stops on the appeals, and now I only have the option of appealing to the state insurance board, who can order them to pay since it is a state health plan. Just thought you Guys thinking of hsct in the Burt trial should know that bcbs has paid in certain states, but has a blanket rule of first refusal, since it is considered "not accepted medical practice". They even sent me a letter saying that an independent medical review found it to be overly dangerous and not FDA approved for good reason. It is pretty disheartening news, but i don't want to go out of the country. Any idea on where to come up with 150k?
"A gun is a tool, Marian; no better or no worse than any other tool: an axe, a shovel or anything. A gun is as good or as bad as the man using it. Remember that." -- Shane

Who is John Galt?
Pesho
Family Member

Re: Insurance gave me tHe final no for Burt trial.

Post by Pesho »

shucks wrote:So I got my final no from bcbssc on dr Burt's trial. I have pulled out all of the stops on the appeals, and now I only have the option of appealing to the state insurance board, who can order them to pay since it is a state health plan. Just thought you Guys thinking of hsct in the Burt trial should know that bcbs has paid in certain states, but has a blanket rule of first refusal, since it is considered "not accepted medical practice". They even sent me a letter saying that an independent medical review found it to be overly dangerous and not FDA approved for good reason. It is pretty disheartening news, but i don't want to go out of the country. Any idea on where to come up with 150k?
Go outside the country. Germany or Israel is close to 100k, and India is 40 000$, even Russia is 40 000$. Healthcare prices in the US are just insane. I'm starting to save money for India, but it will be several years before I can get them, and I hope that I'm not worse by then :).